Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 18-07-2005, 18:47   #21
ciuly

I've waited until now, I think it is fair enough for him.
ciuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 19:37   #22
Dell19
King

Now this is what will kill the competition... Bit disappointing when teams do not give warnings that they will be away or even to warn that they may have difficulty accepting the challenge.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 23:05   #23
Schip

or try to avoid n humiliating defeat, no offense. It's winter in Australia now btw, so vacation is a bit more unlikely.
Schip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2005, 00:04   #24
Kemal

Well, I echo dell's view on this and understand the frustration of ciuly and donald kipper (and I've already seen one other match not arranged as well)...

I really do not understand that, if people decide to play this cup, that it is too much to ask to just challenge/accept a friendly once every week, taking about 10 seconds of your time.
Atm, people are letting both their opponents, who need to find a friendly on very short notice now, and their cdz-hattrick mods down who have invested quite a lot of their scarce spare time in setting up this tournament in a way that everyone could be granted friendlies each week.

To already have 4 walkovers in 2 playdays is really quite disappointing.
Old 19-07-2005, 05:17   #25
Thrawn

Yeah, sorry ciuly, I shifted house and it took them a week to reconnect my net.
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2005, 05:59   #26
yndy
Prince

It appears both walkovers have happened due to lack of internet connection, I have mailed both Pluxx and Thrawn and got no response. Even if I understand things like this can happen,I urge you to give us advanced notice.

OTOH, I do not want to believe that this will ruin our tournament, everyone should accept, if not understand, that while we increase the number of participants, the rate of walkovers will increase as well.

However, repeated walkovers from the same team will earn them a ban for participation to future editions.
Old 19-07-2005, 19:03   #27
Kingreno

I'd advice those who forsee lack of internet ... to think in advance of what can be done about it.

Mod action: I don't want to risk giving people the wrong idea about this forum and your suggestion is against the rules of the game, therefore I edited it. (Yndy)
Old 19-07-2005, 19:54   #28
Isak

Sorry guys, I had completely forgotten that it was time for the cup to start. A gentle reminder in the HT forum would have been sufficient to alert me. I'm afraid I don't stop by CDZ much with several handfuls of other forums I already have to check.

I'll be ready for the next round though.
Isak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2005, 20:09   #29
Kemal

Well, it looks like miscommunications and holidays are to blame for the recent rise in walkover, which is good since it is not lack of interest then, which would be far more difficult to find a solution for.

The HT forum isn't used much iirc, since the large majority of us rather use this as a permanent base of operations, but I agree Isak there should have been a message there for those who do not frequent cdz much, I'll keep that in mind as to improve on that next time.

Furthermore, [zip] as yndy says, perhaps people could at least give an indication of the periods of time you think you will be away from hattrick, either at CDZ or at the HT forum, as that would already be a major step towards preventing overall frustrations and disappointments for your next cup opponents.

Lets get back to playing hattrick now then, good luck all in the remaining matches.
Old 19-07-2005, 21:33   #30
Dell19
King

Daniel Ajello of Aristocats received a yellow card in the 26th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The referee showed Aristocats's Denis Panvert the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

2 yellow cards in a minute...
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote