Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 27-06-2007, 00:22   #21
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

The problem with stamina training is that the form and performance of your players would suffer greatly because chronic training stamina decreases the form and form determines performance. Also, your team spirit will suffer a lot because of large number of purchases and sales of players and some of them can be nasty and the system is designed to somewhat discourage that. That will worsen your midfield and midfield determines possession of the ball and possession determines how many chances you have to score the goal. If you possession is less than that of your opponent in the game, you get less chances to score. So, overall, with stamina training you get a severe hit on performance.

However, you can buy players (midfielders with high playmaking or may be other types of players since in the following season(s) stamina will be important for performance of all players even more) with low stamina (not too low though since otherwise it would take too long to train them; weak, inadequate or may be even passable), train them to excellent stamina, sell them on the transfer market and make profit as the result. You can go either for high skill players (formidable-outstanding) for bigger profit during fewere transactions or you can go for weaker players (solid-excellent) for more transactions and probably same profit and you can get a lot of these because everyone gets stamina training, so the number of training slots is essentially unlimited. Also, with fewer transactions (stronger players) if you do it sub-optimally on the market, you can suffer a considerable loss. This can happen and market is not very predictable. With larger number of small transactions the profit would be probably higher and every mistake you make on the market can teach you something so that you can improve in the future. That sums it up and Kemal, yndy or somebody else with more substantial experience in stamina training can tell more about specific features.

With cash you would obtain within this stamina-training season, you can buy yourself some better coach, better players, and dominate the league. You then would get more supporters, more income from sponsors, and would be able to expand the arena to get more income from match attendance and eventually promote to Div V. You would be able to train something else like goalkeeping (a very good idea for beginners) or whatever you decide.

The problem is that the initial funds given to you (300K) is not enough to purchase good players and get good results in the league games.
Old 27-06-2007, 00:58   #22
Robboo
King

Mauer..contact me after the CDZ cup and I will play a friendly with you. I am sure other guys will also play you prior to the start of next years CDZ cup.
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 08:48   #23
Shabbaman
Administrator

Sure. I'll get kicked out of the cup in the second round anyway.
Old 27-06-2007, 12:30   #24
Tubby Rower

One question that mauer might not even know to ask so I'll ask it... does the skill of your coach matter when training stamina?
Old 27-06-2007, 13:29   #25
Tubby Rower

also I was checking in HTPE and I couldn't see any significant change in prices with stamina being low vs high. so either there's a lot of people attempting to do this and bidding prices up on lesser IM's or people aren't paying attention to the stamina.

Or I guess a third possibility is that I have fell victim to my stupidity.. again.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:17   #26
bed_head7

The margins on stamina training in the current market are rather slim. I would advise strongly against stamina training. Also, the greatest profits from stamina training are realized when you have significant startup capital. For someone who does not know what is a good price yet, it is probably a bad move.

That said, I trained stamina for about a season, and probably made $3-4 million dollars, considering wages and transfer fees and all. It is only a rough estimate, as I made some large buys towards the end and also made some non-stamina training sales after I started. But I started out with $12 million, so was able to buy a full squad of formidable-magnificent playmakers, while you would be buying passable and solid players at this point.
bed_head7 is offline   Reply With Quote