Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Robi D's Forum
Home

Old 21-11-2009, 02:27   #21
Robi D
King

Turn 45

The turns are moving along nicely. Nothing big has happened. I'll have a settler and pottery done next turn. I'm going to do Masonry next, no ones got Judism yet and there is no other pressing issue.

There is a bit of debate going on in the open thread to do with the luxaries, i've been happy for the most part to stay out of it.

Hopefully for the next update i should have two new cities and some action to report on

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2009, 18:57   #22
mauer
King

I say you contact all the non whiners, and vow with them to take out all the whiners.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009, 11:54   #23
Robi D
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauer View Post
I say you contact all the non whiners, and vow with them to take out all the whiners.
That would mean i'd need to care enough about the whiners to bother with all that

Old 25-11-2009, 12:52   #24
Robi D
King

Turn 50

Yes the big 5-O. And just when i think i have the map figured i seem to stumble onto another barbu curveball. Before i get into that i'll update you on the latest news from my fast growing nation.

First off we have not one but two new cities, Washington and Kalemegdan. I cleared some forests around Mauerville for a mine and village hence i got the second settler done quickly.

I'm going to be building some more villages around the place, particularly in Washington otherwise the research rate will slow down a lot more.

I would like to get the next 3 cities (the ones in brackets) started sooner rather than later, the remaining one can be done at a later time since there is nothing vital in that area, which brings me to the whole curveball thing. On the standard grid map there is a land bridge to all four neighbours however i seem to have only 2.

After further exploration there is none in the south but i can see a bit of land just off my coast to my SW. And the bridge which should be to my east from the edges of the fog of war i can see water lapping on the shore line.

I have a chariot headed there to uncover that bit to be sure but if i'm right it could prove to be a big bonus for me, because i have been discussing a deal with ynnek. If i can secure a peace deal with him (were also looking at future trade possibilities) then that leaves me free to be aggressive with worset which would be my preferred target because as it stands he is trailing me in all catagories. If it all falls into place i could have a friendly neighbour to my west and a dead one to my north

And lastly the demographics, no surprises really, GNP is struggling in the bottom half, food and production right up there. One big cause for optomisim, 1st in both life expectancy and approval, so at this point i have the most potential to add population out of anyone.

Nearly forgot, masonry is due next turn, if Judism still unfounded i'll head that way, other hunting and writing will be the next two techs

Old 25-11-2009, 21:18   #25
Rik Meleet

Your picture reveals a jewish star with IanDC ...
Old 26-11-2009, 01:03   #26
Robi D
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik Meleet View Post
Your picture reveals a jewish star with IanDC ...
Shows how close i was looking when i took the screenshots

Old 29-11-2009, 22:31   #27
mauer
King

You already had Hunting, so I went for Writing. I set it to 7 turns at -5 gpt. Wasn't sure what you wanted in Robigrad, so I set it for another axe.
Old 30-11-2009, 03:50   #28
Robi D
King

Yeah i picked hunting because judism was alrready taken.

Another axe is fine i want it to grow before building more settlers, plus you never know when someone wants to be sneaky.

Thanks for filling in for me

Old 01-12-2009, 06:49   #29
Robi D
King

Thanks again to cody for stepping up for a few days to give me a hand.

I have met Beam in the last few turns, he came from the direction of worset to my north so he is somewhere beyond him, apart from that there is not much to report. So i thought this would be a good time to look at some graphs as i can now see worset and ynneks lines as well.

First up GNP. Despite my relatively low standing in the demographics i'm not losing anything to either of my near neighbours

The goods graph shows i'm building a nice lead in production, guess my early investment in workers is paying off.

I mentioned earlier i had a decent gap on worset when it came to food, that gap has grown further and i hold a nice lead on ynnek too.

While the commerce is still a concern for my overall chances of winning the game at least none of my neighbours are better off in that area so i still have plenty of options available to me. I've just started scouting worsets area so i should have a better idea of how hw stands in relation to me

Old 01-12-2009, 22:29   #30
mauer
King

Looking good compared to your neighbors. Keep up the cottage building and the GNP should tighten considering your food. I'd start building tanks.