Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Cartouche Bee's Forum
Home

Old 13-07-2003, 16:40   #21
Cartouche Bee

Well the game slowly advances, I'm researching Education now to get my uni's on line.

It's pretty much suicide to get any attacks going at this point unless anarres finds a path to me that his galley's can traverse in a single turn (he has lighthouse). So the drive to astronomy and perhaps even through to navigation related techs is on. Of course once you get that far, steam cannot be far behind. We might have to go so far as marines before any real battles can occur.
Cartouche Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2003, 16:41   #22
Cartouche Bee

Well, the game continues slowly, I continue researching pretty much getting a tech every 4 turns but I'm not sure if I can keep that pace through to steam. I pretty much have secured my borders with workers that are standing by waiting for steam. It would have been nice to have had a GA by now but looks like it will be quite awhile before I get that chance, for now my uni's and banks are coming on line to help enhance my economy.
Old 14-08-2003, 02:36   #23
Cartouche Bee

750AD and still driving for steam. I'm totally working on infrastructure now except my corrupt cities that are producing cats for future hitting power once I have artillery. Lot's of universities on line now, banks and cathederals moving along which means that I be in fine shape once I trigger my GA. I'm running 0% lux to reduce costs and just about done producing any units for the next 30 or turns. The capitol is almost making 50 culture a turn now and lot's more improvements and culture doubling to come so this is likely a space launch or 20K culture win type game coming on. Once I get rails I doubt that a large enough force can be gathered to set foot on this continent, for long.
Old 15-08-2003, 15:08   #24
Cartouche Bee

Well anarres and I finally met. His greeting party was quite a large flotilla galleys from many,many angles. Unfortunately for him he does not have marines and therefore no real chance of making a landing. I see the techs that he does not have and surmise what has gone on here since my current research for chemistry plummeted, however, anarres does not have theology. Therefore I established an embassy and then started the war with him by chucking some rocks at him with the cats. Well, that ends the tech stealing strategy till the war is over.
Old 15-08-2003, 16:40   #25
Skyfish

Or until he gets Espionnage...
Old 16-08-2003, 04:42   #26
Cartouche Bee

True but he is about 10 or 12 techs from there so i think i can handle that.

anarres has discovered that i have quite a few workers on my islands, lounging on the beaches.
Old 18-08-2003, 05:29   #27
Cartouche Bee

I made it to the Industrial age first by a few turns so as long as I keep the 4 turn science going I should be fine and hopefully snag TOE.

In recent times I built Newton's, Smith's and Bach. Yep I did go for some nonessential techs but they serve my purpose. For instance I completed Bach's the turn that the hanging gardens usefulness expired.
Old 22-08-2003, 17:07   #28
Cartouche Bee

The year is 1180AD and I have completed TOE and appear to be about 8 techs up on anarres.

Now I learned a lesson from aggie and hope to prevent the same happening with anarres, we will see for now, I seem to be able to research every 4 turns and I want to keep the pressure on anarres. I know he will have to attack me again to prevent me from winning it will just depend on how and when he will be able to mange this attack and if I can pour it on, productivity wise as quick as he can. I suspect that he will have to mobilize to make any real attempt to stop me that could prevent him from being able to participate in the space race but we will see, should be interesting.
Old 22-08-2003, 17:11   #29
Skyfish

What's the lesson you learned from the Aggie game specifically please ?
Old 22-08-2003, 17:21   #30
Cartouche Bee

You have to play aggie to learn that lesson.