Old 07-07-2005, 16:10   #21
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Old 07-07-2005, 16:50   #22
Melifluous
Administrator

I aint dead!

Woohoo!

Was due to be working today, I work just down the road from Liverpool Street Station.

Late leaving home today and ended up getting to London Waterloo at 11am, Tubes already closed then, turned round and come straight home again.

As for the attacks, at least 33 confirmed dead from the 3 tube train attacks.

Definately some dead on the Bus bomb but no numbers yet.

Bombs on tube trains scares the absolute crap out of me, if it happens and a fire starts, you're dead simple as that.

Thanks to each and every thing that can be thanked I was not directly involved today.

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 16:59   #23
anarres
anarchist butcher

Let us not talk about Provo any more here, we don't want to invite any trouble like the last time some of us fell out with CFC members.

It's great news meli that you managed to miss it!

I only hope my London friends will be ok (can't check until tongiht as I don't have phone numbers on me)
Old 07-07-2005, 17:13   #24
Kingreno

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

His post about reeducating the Arabs like the West is supposed to have reeducated Germany and Japan after WWII is an utter offense. Guys like him in power make it all possible for terrorists to strike.
Terrorists will strike anyways, they have been striking left-/right-/religious-/fascist-/commie-/centered-Goverments throughout the world for millenia now, and they will continue to do so for a very long time to come.
I think it is very naive to say that invading Afghanistan and/or Iraq made this all happen (I am not saying I agree on those events!), there is no way one can predict what would have happened if those regimes were left in charge...not to mention what an organisation like Al-Quaida would have done, they may have started an offensive against Mc-Donalds for serving Pork...

Quote:
quote:
It will happen. Again. Best of luck for our Dutch friends too, since Al-Qaida is apparently pointing out the NL.
There are a Million possible targets throughout the world that are marked by Al-Quaida, indeed the Netherlands is one of them. Thinking about it I don't think many people will adapt their way of life to cope with the threats.

Old 07-07-2005, 17:30   #25
Socrates
Emperor

I mean, do you think the world is safer today ? Invading Iraq appears to have opening the box of Pandora, and let's not forget that Iraq is subject to terrorism every day. When some people "play the same game as the terrorists" (ie. when they are racist, full of anger, ready to kill everyone, etc...), then things get even worse.

Millions of targets ? The latest major attacks include New York, Madrid and London (crazily, 3 cities engaged in the Olympic race ). Last time I checked, no major attack was done in Vladivostok. Curiously, the USA, Spain and the UK were all engaged in Iraq. It seems there is a pattern here, and anyway Al-Qaeda has already pointed out places to strike. Not that you should leave with fear. Just be cautious.
Old 07-07-2005, 17:31   #26
Matrix
Administrator

Quote:

Matrix, I hate Blair, for he is Bush's puppet. And I'll hate the UK's foreign policy as long as they will blindly follow the US's one.
Blair just agrees with Bush on this topic. I find it very easy to accuse a country leader to be Bush's puppet, just because you agree with him on a cerain issue, but it happens to every leader who does.
Old 07-07-2005, 17:44   #27
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Quote:

Matrix, I hate Blair, for he is Bush's puppet. And I'll hate the UK's foreign policy as long as they will blindly follow the US's one.
Blair just agrees with Bush on this topic. I find it very easy to accuse a country leader to be Bush's puppet, just because you agree with him on a cerain issue, but it happens to every leader who does.
erhm, Blair and Bush conspired to cheat the public into believing a war in iraq is just.

so much for 'same opinion'. Blair is as guilty as Bush.
Old 07-07-2005, 17:51   #28
Melifluous
Administrator

Oh and by the way...

Who the hell said it was Al-Qaeda?

Some dickheads who like posting Fundamentalist crap on Islamic websites allegedly said it was them, but for fucks sake, I could say it was me and it wouldn't make it true.

We will not jump to conclusions (the Spanish pointed out how silly that idea was) and will instead conduct a proper criminal investigation into what has happened and draw intelligent conclusions from there. This idle speculation is nothing more than just pissing in the wind.

As for Britain? I dont think it will change us in the way in which it changed America, in the city of London people can still remember the IRA threatening us for more than 20 years and bombing the capital this is not much different.

Krys? Could you please stop the doomsaying and trying to bring the Iraq War into this.

Yes we know it was good that France was and is against the war in Iraq, but it's about the only useful thing your country has done in the last 50 years so can we just leave it at that?

This is supposed to be a nice friendly cosmopolitan games site and frankly your not so subtle French Nationalism is starting to offend me.

Melifluous
Old 07-07-2005, 17:54   #29
Melifluous
Administrator

In fact seeing as G8 has started today, which traditionally means that anarchists (you know the 'other' type) and anti capitalists try and smash up the evil bloated heart of our corrupt fascist country I am very surprised that no-one has even considered the possibility that they had something to do with it.

Al-Qaeda bombed packed commuter trains in Spain and killed hundreds, you really think that they would only have killed a comparative few in this country?

I dont.

Melifluous
Old 07-07-2005, 17:58   #30
anarres
anarchist butcher

Well a couple at CFC expressed the idea it could be "anarchists".

One poster said he's go and give a kicking to the nearest crusty if it is anarchists, which is as bad as Americans kicking the living shit out of US muslims after 9/11.

The biggest challenge we face as a nation is NOT over-reacting to this with draconian measures against a non-criminal subset of the UK population, anarchist or muslim.