*giggles at Krys*

Good thing they didnt go get their plastic gloves and lubricant, ey

Hehe, Beam found his coming out of the closet post
Old 08-11-2004, 08:10   #282
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

Epilogue
Then it was smooth until just before arriving at Brussels, when 2 guys checked my train ticket and ID card, and then asked me what I went to Breda for. They wanted to know if I had visited a coffee shop and proceeded to a total search (luggage and body), well at least I kept my clothes. Guess what ? They found nothing !

We dutch have a certain reputation I think....
Old 08-11-2004, 08:24   #283
Rik Meleet

Ask smalltalk:

You cannot buy that kind of material anywhere here
Old 08-11-2004, 09:15   #284
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

Hello world !!! Well, the LAN is over. Rik and Jack as the Egyptians won against Stapel and Beam as the Iroquois, Matrix and smalltalk as the Sumerians, and Darkness and me as the Greeks. What happened is that Rik and Jack got a leader, converted into a sword army, at the Battle of Zeus : Stapel, seeing the defeat there, tried to escape the city of Amsterdam (Statue of Zeus) with all his units and abandon it, but Rik and Jack captured the city in time (simultaneous moves). So Stapel gave up, and smalltalk and then Darkness and I did, because it was hopeless.
A small analysis from my side.

I was kicking Smalltalk's ass, end had just retreated 10 wounded MWs, when Rik and Kack declared war. I was extremely weak on defense. Yet, I was convinced I would manage to pull them off, in a very costly and bloody fight.

I made a few mistakes though:
I was prebuilding a palace in the beseiged 10 shields per turn city. It had accumulated 80 shields. I should have built a barracks, then walls and thenspears. This alone could have saved me.
After 3 or 4 turns of war, 24 mounted barbs showed up. I temporarily gave my gold to my Greek friends, but could not stop 2 cities beign cut down to 1.

I also thought it was a good idea to set the slider towards minimum gpt. I had already pressed end of turn......
I first put the slider to 90% science (by accident) and then I wanted to restore the lux rate back to 20% where it was, end then the science rate, until I was getting minimum gpt. But right on this moment, the last player pressed enter, so I had 4 riotting cities and one barracks was sold.

In the turn after, the leader showed up for the Egyptians.

Quote:
quote:Great game actually. Meanwhile, other folks were playing weird games with odd cards.
A great game indeed. Much better than PBEM or Sologames.

I think I want to do this very soon again!

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:27   #285
Rik Meleet

I want to do this again very soon as well.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:12   #286
Schip

Thanks Beam for a great weekend. I had loads of fun and I'm looking forward to the next meeting.

About soccer: we won the match 5-3 and I SCORED!
This was our first vic of the season and we are noo longer in last place!
Schip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 12:34   #287
Darkness

Nice!

So Stapel and Schip both won. That must mean CDZ reunions induce good athletic performances....
Old 08-11-2004, 12:37   #288
Pastorius
Custard used tile

dont you mean that artificial stimulation @cdz reunions induce good athletic performances. I demand that they are checked for toxins
Old 08-11-2004, 12:49   #289
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

Good thing they didnt go get their plastic gloves and lubricant, ey

Glad you made it on time to the station though. I bet you were quite surprised when "minivan 11" showed up.
Old 08-11-2004, 13:20   #290
Socrates
Emperor

@ Paalikles : You may be surprised, but from my eyes, there were few people actually using weed, most were just plain smoking. My bet is that the artificial stimulation of getting together and playing intense games has an influence on athletic performance. Look at me : I slept 12 hours this night !

@ Shabbaman : I was indeed surprised by this tiny van. I was waiting for a bus, and when the van approached the stop, I was searching for a "line 11" sticker to be sure. Anyone knows what that fanfare was about ?

About the game, it was indeed very nice. I don't think I told to other folks that, when we met Sumeria (Matrix and smalltalk), we both had a warrior/Enkidu next to a hut on hill. They were faster than us, so they got the hut, and so we had to attack their Enkidu. Guess what ? Our warrior defeated their Enkidu on hill without taking a single hit !! It took us a few seconds to understand the situation (simultaneous moves), but then we suddenly burst into a loud "HOORAY" !!