Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > Succession Games Open Forum
Home

Old 21-11-2008, 23:36   #271
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

turn 174 / 1665 AD - Checkup, Fishtown seems robbed of it's fishermen and one is fishing a normal tile while a fish resource tile is available.

turn 175 / 1666 AD - Citizen in Shabbaville finishes education. Turn him into elder statesman. Unload merchantman in Shabbaville. There's 119 food in it. Unload it so we get a new colonist next turn. Converted native in Tenochtitlan. Move into AztecCleanup.

turn 176 / 1667 AD - Move around wagon trains on our main island. Moving an expert fishermen back from AztecCleanup to Fishville, he'll fish 2 more fish a turn that way. Move Shabbaville's new citizen to Aztecs town to become an expert cotton planter.

turn 177 / 1668 AD - Nothing much, except moving the wagon trains ofc.

turn 178 / 1669 AD - Port Royal breeds a new colonist. Crabsilver does the same. Put them to work.

turn 179 / 1670 AD - Nothing much

turn 180 / 1671 AD - AztecCleanUp finishes warehouse. I suppose that warehouse means we plan to stay on the island anyway. I start on a dock. Fishville breeds colonist, I discover you cant load a colonist on a privateer. Send away the privateer and put the colonist to fishing. Find out you cant send a privateer into enemy territory. Things have changed One turn to go for colonist in Europe, pay 110g for the last bit and pick the expert ore miner.

turn 181 / 1672 AD - nothing much

turn 182 / 1673 AD - Port Royale finishes fort, starts on printing press. Cotton planter finishes, move to Shabbaville.

turn 183 / 1674 - Privateer sink one of Spains caravel's we capture Coats and cloth Load colonist in Fishville and start to Tawanaku to learn expert fishermen. Send full galleon to Europe. There's a caravel with cigards sort of ready as well, but it's out of movement points

IT - Shabbaville finishes build and starts on armory.
Attached Files
File Type: colonizationsave Miffy AD-1674.ColonizationSave (125.5 KB, 1 views)
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 01:01   #272
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Stapel, Darkness, it is apparently your turns guys.
Old 22-11-2008, 18:21   #273
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by akots View Post
Stapel, Darkness, it is apparently your turns guys.
Will play soon!

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 07:42   #274
Stapel
Emperor

Turn 0 (183); Moves some wagons around. Another caravel sails to Europe with stuff to sell. Teh other caravel load horses to sell to some Indians. Merchantman brings one more colonist to learn how to fish.
Turn 1 (184); Crabsilver finishes stockade. Switch to Printing Press.

Hold on there.
-Akots, can you explain a bit more. You stated we should focus on military ower, rather than mass media. Don't we meed mass media in out largest colonies?

-We are supposed to be ready to kick Monty, right? The single canon in AztecCleaningCo (onthe other (western) island) won't kill 6 braves. I'm a bit confused here....

Last edited by Stapel; 26-11-2008 at 08:24.
Old 24-11-2008, 10:00   #275
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Sure, why not but the smaller the city is, the faster the bells come online. So, large cities are not good during bell generation. It might be worth considering resettling the big ones and for this, land is needed and Aztecs have to go. You did not attach the save, otherwise, just bringing some cannons from the main island there or shipping some horses/guns down there to the West will do the trick. But it does not have to be a 1-turn war, although it better be finished before going for bells to get to independence faster. As long as it is possible to defend against wondering natives, it should be quite OK.

The point was to extract Monty's cash which he had a lot before going to war, did not see that happened though. Oh, OK, got it, you have not played yet to the end, just 2 turns.
Old 24-11-2008, 16:06   #276
ProPain

Maybe we should try to set a few goals for the game and clearly outline them everytime we carry over the save so we all move in the same direction. This makes things a lot easier than when you have to browse back to see what the current goald are.

Things we need agreement over:
- do we focus on mobilisation against the aztecs or mass media for indepence for our build queues?
- what will we sell monty to get his cash (are guns/horses ok or not)
- will we settle the Fishville island for real or just temporarily untill we have removed Monty and have declared independence?
Old 25-11-2008, 13:03   #277
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPain View Post
- will we settle the Fishville island for real or just temporarily untill we have removed Monty and have declared independence?
Eh, we can't abandon these colonies can we?
Old 25-11-2008, 13:17   #278
ProPain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
Eh, we can't abandon these colonies can we?

Dunno really. In the old colonization you could move out your last colonist as long as you didnt have a stockade. Other option: Empty the colonists and gift them to another nation.
Old 25-11-2008, 21:22   #279
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

No guns, not OK, but horses OK to empty his purse.

Instead of building everywhere some newspapers, it is easier to build more colonies. This spreads population and bells go quicker but land is needed and Monty has it , so he has to go. Also, mobilization does not mean any other activity should be stopped, AI is weak and not many units are needed. The war in Col is nice and easy unless it is against REF.

REF will attack around Silvertown and one or two ships will go somewhere around to the north or west.
Old 26-11-2008, 08:23   #280
Stapel
Emperor

Turn 0 (183); Moves some wagons around. Another caravel sails to Europe with stuff to sell. Teh other caravel load horses to sell to some Indians. Merchantman brings one more colonist to learn how to fish.
Turn 1 (184); Crabsilver finishes stockade. Switch to Printing Press.

Turn 2 (185); Silverbastiano finishes newspaper. Start on Fort. Simon Bolivar wants help to kick Iroquis. Send him away. King wants 5800 gold......
Turn 3 (186); AztecCleaningCo finishes dock; starts on Printing Press. Galleon arrives in Europe. Sell off. We now have over 10k. I buy 200 horses, 100 trade goods, 100 tools and 2 cannons.
We are in absolutely no position at all to kick Monty's arse.... On the main island we have 5 cannons vs 8 braves. On the other island 1 cannon vs 6 braves. So we really need more, right?
Monty is willing to pay 485 gold for 100 horses (which cost 300). This way we make a relatively small profit... Hardly worth it, I guess. And we won't really empty Monty's treasure (7k now) at all.
Turn 4 (187); Port royal finishes PP, starts on Newspaper. Caravel in Europe. Sell stuff and buy cannons.
Turn 5 (188);Three cannons are shipped to the western island.
Turn 6 (189);some movement.
Turn 7 (190); Galleon is loaded with 200 cigars, 100 furs, 100 coats, 100 silver and 100 cloth. Back to Europe! Incas pay 1292 gold for 100 guns. They offer nothing but 250 for 100 horses. They want trade goods now. Caravel sail back with horses to pick up goodies.
Turn 8 (191); We declare war to monty. All cannons (7 in the east, 4 in the west) win. Thee dragoons chip in succesfully as well. What a moment for the game to crash....... A colonistsa from Shabbaville kills a wandering Indian. We get a leader: Paul Marin de la Malgue
Turn 9 (192); Teotihuacan is gone. Just the 71 gold then. Tenochtitlan is wiped away too.

Next player:
-The caravel with the trade goods is three tiles away from an Inca trading village.
-Make peace with Monty at some time
-I guess we need 2 or 3 more colonies in the west. As akots said, this will speed up the total independece speed.
-I shipped all goodies to Port Royal and used it as the singel Galleon harbour.

We didn't drain Monty's cash first. This might be a missed opportunity, but I think we could only drain him by selling guns.

Anyway, we have quite some money. From now on, we should focus on mass media.
Attached Files
File Type: colonizationsave Miffy 192.ColonizationSave (133.9 KB, 1 views)