Closed Thread

Old 21-07-2006, 17:20   #231
BCLG100
Deity

R.O.U.S????

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 21-07-2006, 17:26   #232
Tubby Rower

Rodents of Unusual Size. Haven't you watched the Princess Bride. It's a classic here in the colonies
Old 21-07-2006, 17:32   #233
BCLG100
Deity

Erm nope.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 21-07-2006, 20:50   #234
grs
The Nameless One

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Robboo

I cant say if you are my enemy or not we havent met. In general what TUbby sad is true..if people see you as the bully OR as a great player. You usually see people attacking you.

Also does anyoen else see this as funny as I do...grs the person who delarded war in the CFC first is now complaining about having war declared on him this early. If that isnt karma...
If you would not have failed the reading comprehension, you could see that I do not complain. I know the game is over for me soon, so you are free to try a dogpile again
Old 21-07-2006, 21:32   #235
DaveShack
Chieftain

What is this "meeting people" thing you're talking about? I was beginning to wonder if it's on a huge map or something.
Old 21-07-2006, 21:52   #236
Whomp
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

Rodents of Unusual Size. Haven't you watched the Princess Bride. It's a classic here in the colonies
Hello. My name is Inigo Monwhompee of Deli. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Ynnek a little friendly advice after Pitboss game #1
Make some friends...fast. I'm trying to keep a low profile.
Old 22-07-2006, 00:50   #237
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

I'd like to make friends in 3-4 turns from now as well but have not yet met anyone.

The thing with dogpile is that once you kill the enemy against which you are dogpiling, here comes the turn of somebody who is the strongest guy in the dogpile. And there is little fun when 5 or 6 players come and kill one. Besides, they got to share the spoils of war amongst them which is not easy and might lead to another war. So, I'd prefer to stay away from dogpiles but peace and friendship and trade are always wellcome. Military alliance is that sort of committment when you can never be sure. You've got to have experience and be assured there would be no backstabbing as well.

On the other had, the best thing which beats the dogpile is another dogpile on that dogpile but we could have played it as always war right from the start or make it a team game like 3 teams of 4 players each or someting like that.

Otherwise, I'd say, lets try to limit artificially the size of dogpile by for example prohibiting war against somebody who is at war with 2 or 3 other players already. I don't mean phony wars but the real ones with bodies and blood and gore splattered around.

But this might be not needed since common sense is a powerful stuff and hopefully it would be a good limiting factor on its own.
Old 22-07-2006, 02:50   #238
Tubby Rower

Quote:
quote:But this might be not needed since common sense is a powerful stuff and hopefully it would be a good limiting factor on its own.
That's all fine and good, but sometimes common sense isn't so common
Old 22-07-2006, 03:03   #239
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower
That's all fine and good, but sometimes common sense isn't so common
There is supposed to be more of it here at CDZ compared to CFC since there the games often times resemble the weakest link TV show which frankly speaking sucks. But of course, you never know how it turns out. Besides, I have experience of beating off the dogpile in Civ3, not against 10 players though but against 3 or 4 in a few games and it were OK. Rumor says it is worse in Civ4 and the dogpiled stands no real chance. But we'll see in time.
Old 22-07-2006, 03:11   #240
BCLG100
Deity

cant say ive seen one case of a dogpiled'er being successfull against more than 2 adequate opponents without some series RNG help. The thing about introducing this is it flies in the face of the no rules policy

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Closed Thread