Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > Succession Games Open Forum
Home

Old 04-05-2004, 20:06   #221
Matrix
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Beam

- As Tarly already indicated the most productive way of RR'ing is by having stacks of workers that do RR in 1 turn on plains / grass. I see stacks however that just can't do it in 1 turn and the whole stack therefore needs 2 turns.
It takes 4 workers or 12 captured workers to finish railroad in one turn. I always make sure I use 2 workers, or 6/4/3 captured workers. So in fact 'workertime' wasn't lost.

I admit it's still better to let them do everything so it only takes one turn (4 workers doing separate railroad means 0,0,0,4 railroaded tiles in subsequent turns, while letting all four or them do the same tile means 1,2,3,4 railroaded tiles in subsequent turns), but that hardly matters, doesn't it?
Old 04-05-2004, 20:34   #222
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Railroads also give an extra food or shield on grass/plains and extra shield on hill and mountain. So having one tile at a time instead of 2 * 0,5 tile makes a difference, being the former has a slight production/food advantage. Not a very big deal in this part of the game though.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 21:02   #223
ProPain

Looked at the save:

Looking good.
We're tech leader apart from the Portuguese who have facism over usm but as that's a useles tech imo and we have 1 turn to electricity I think we're doing great.

We're gaining on the cult front, also good.

We have a weak army compared to the Celts which is why Brennus is so trigger happy. Not a real bother as long as we're on the defense but we're not up to a invasion by far. Not only because we dont have enough units, but also because we lack a navy altogether. We own 2 whole galleys and invading with 4 units at a time is as close to suicide as we can get.

So it's build up time. We need production capacity and an army. So instead of going for rep parts, I'd rather go for SciMed and ToE first. We will finish a bank in Beijing next turn, if we start an army there next that can function as ToE prebuild. We also need a prebuild for Hoover Dam. Chengdu is the best place for Hoover prebuild as it is our no2 prod city. It needs improvement however, forest needs to be chopped and irrigated to get it to grow to 12 and the mountain it's using needs to be mined. We can use Palace as a prebuild. Also Beijing and Chengdu should be railed first when the mil. RR connections are done.

We'll need about 30 turns to gather the 600 shields for ToE counting from next turn, but only of we RR the tiles as we produce 17 shields now. I think we'll have Sci Med in 15-20, so that leaves 15-10 turns to research rep parts, after rep parts we stop research (unless we can finish a whole tech before ToE is done), wait for ToE, get atomic theory and electricity and build Hoover in Chendgu.

If we can trade for industr. by that time we need to get that and build factories. Then it's time to build a kick ass military and finish off Brennus.

Now I'm the warmonger type of player so I'm aiming for the mil vic. We can also try another victory, then we might need another strat.

What do you guys think?

NB A small last thing we can cram 3 more cities on the eastern part. One NE,NE,N of New Orleans and one NW,NW,NW of seattle. Last one W,W, NW of Boston (on the barricades)
Old 04-05-2004, 22:25   #224
ProPain

LOL didnt notice beam played alrdy. My post was based on Matrix' save. So rather pointless now. I'll look at the save and post again.
Old 04-05-2004, 22:26   #225
Banzai

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Beam

It is my handover turn however and therefore I leave the option open for ProPain to decide what he wants to do with the deal.

There are also a number of Cathedrals under construction, mostly in the core. These are shield collectors and I usually decide later if these are going to be Cathedrals or (in this case) Factories.
I think it is my turn and not ProPain!
I don't know exactly how good the deal is, but if it is a megadeal I would make it.
Are the cathedrals still prebuilds for other stuff or not?

Old 04-05-2004, 22:27   #226
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

PP, we cross-posted .

Beijing is at max shields and can shift to Hoover as soon as it builds ToE. The only minor issue is that Beijing is our Army producing city as well. We might develop Chengdu however, rush a factory there asap and use the Palace as a prebuild for Hoover. That means Beijing can start producing Armies every 9 turns.

Not sure if SciMed will be made in the next 10 turns, my gut feel is that it will be a close call wether we can finish a tech between SciMed and ToE. Banzai will be the first to know playing next! Please consult once you are there, it is a key thing in planning!
Old 04-05-2004, 22:38   #227
Beam
c00l b33r

Banzai, sorry for the typo.

I call it a shield collector and I only decide quite late what to do. In an emergency situation it can even be used to switch to cavs. Up to you what you want to do with them. My normal rule of thumb is that the first bunch of cities have about 20 shields in order to build a factory but the terrain isn't that great so around 15 might be a good number, potential that is.

Here is the sav:

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] matrixsg1150ad.SAV
244.3KB
Old 05-05-2004, 07:56   #228
Banzai

No problem Beam!

Got it and will play tonight.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:36   #229
Beam
c00l b33r

Looking forward to your report Banzai! Does everybody agree we will pick Atomic Theory and Electronics from the ToE btw?
Old 05-05-2004, 10:13   #230
Banzai

That is what I normally pick!
Maybe I can research Espionage (for the SPHQ) or Sanitation (for hospitals) before TEO is build.... will see it when i get there!