Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 16-03-2007, 13:13   #211
socralynnek

If you still want to play 3-4-3 in your first league matches while building up some experience in formation, that's ok also.
I mean, your best two wingers play as offensive wingers in the league match, the next two could play as FTW in the league and as pure wingers in the friendly (where you start with 3-5-2 for a few weeks), after three weeks or so, you can switch to 3-5-2 in the league and take the other formation you chose to go with in the friendly. (as I am typing this 4-3-3 CA might also be an option if your attack is nice enough)

Training wingers gives you the most tactical flexibility behind training keepers.
You have a lot of options to chose from...
( IMO only having 3-5-2 is a must, the other one you want besides 4-4-2 can be chosen pretty flexible, even 3-4-3 can be played, but that would weaken your central defense and midfield)

Remember: Those wingbacks could be played towards middle, if you want more CD.

The main question (for which I don't have a good answer):
What can one effectively do with the half-training-spot (wingbacks)
Old 16-03-2007, 13:32   #212
Tubby Rower

ya know.. i didn't think that there was too much of an increase for me to add the 3rd IM. it looks like it adds ~3 sub-levels. I forgot to put it back at away for valid comparison, but the midfield should be 2.7 wretched (high) instead of 2.9 wretched (very high).

191.57KB
Old 16-03-2007, 13:39   #213
Tubby Rower

I also forgot about the 50% training for wingbacks... man that sucks. I thought that I had a flawless plan... I was beginning to wonder what in the world I was doing training wing attacks when winger was looking to be a no brainer
Old 16-03-2007, 13:40   #214
socralynnek

that might be worth it.

If you are fielding 2 off.wingers and 2 strikers, you either need to play CA or you ned to have as much midfield as possible because otherwise those 4 offensive people will get no goal opportunities.

if you wanna have some strong defence, you might wanna consider playing 4-5-1 or 5-4-1 and probably AOW.
If you can't create chances, then having 4 attackers (2 attack and 2 off.W.) is just a waste.
So, in games where you are losing midfield by a larger margin, then either go CA or strengthen your midfield/defense by a large margin.
In games where you can get close to he opponennts midfield or even winning, then you can have those 2 strikers (or even 3)
Old 19-03-2007, 13:07   #215
Tubby Rower

Well as worried as I was about holding my head at least near the surface for the upcoming season. It looks as though I could tread water I did a little spying on my new competition and it looks really promising. The teams with green titles should be 2 wins for me, the orange team looks like an even match with me and the 3 reds are just an opportunity to PiC in the middle of the season I have a decent shot at finishing 4th

139.29KB
Old 19-03-2007, 14:03   #216
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quite and easy league you have there. My average top 11 TSI is 22,000 and I barely managed to finish third the previous season.
Old 27-03-2007, 13:36   #217
Tubby Rower

well Swim OSU has just been reset and given to a new owner. The new team has a total TSI of 4770. So that means that I'm a definite 5th with a possible 3rd No auto-relegation for me
Old 28-03-2007, 12:43   #218
Tubby Rower

I managed to pick up 2 17yo passable wingers with inadequate scoring for a total of $3k this morning I'll be selling a couple of my older trainees soon. I put in a bid for a cheap solid winger, but I had to leave to go to work and wasn't able to be there when someone out-bid me. I'm guessing that everyone is paying attention to the new YA and not looking for those 17yos as some solid wingers went for very cheap lately
Old 28-03-2007, 20:34   #219
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

I'm guessing that everyone is paying attention to the new YA and not looking for those 17yos as some solid wingers went for very cheap lately
I'm not starting my YA, but I'm currently recruiting my trainee army for this season, which means a lot of work, as I'm switching from GK to winger training. I'll comment on my work later this week when it is (hopefully) done, but I agree there are some good opportunities here and there.
Old 29-03-2007, 12:50   #220
Tubby Rower

I bought 4 solid winger 17yos for less (total) than I paid for some of my older guys with similar skill. The thing is that I was paying market value both times.

btw, I'm switching to flat out winger training after tonight. So I'll get 4 guys to pop 3 times this season and 4 guys to pop ~1.5 times. That's not too bad. Considering that I paid ~$10k on average for my new trainees. I'll be selling some of my older trainees after tonight's stamina training is in the system.