Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Melifluous' forum
Home

Old 25-06-2005, 05:47   #201
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

I've got exciting evening. We went to a nice Cuban place and I got drunk there. Hope I don't mess the diplo orders.

@GA: Shame on you, Quebec is a very nice place and Montreal is a very nice city compared to Boston. Boston sucks and US is a weird place. That summarizes it all. IMHO. I want to go to Europe!!! This American shit got my guts crooked!!!
Old 25-06-2005, 07:42   #202
Whomp
King

Barbu no hockey, no baseball. Ow.
I do like Quebec City very much. I stayed at the Hotel Frontenac last time I was there.
Akots what do you have against Boston? Akots you're just babbling about nothing. Too many caprinas for you. Boston's cool though it is dinky small. They say weird stuff like "he took it yahd".
Old 25-06-2005, 08:03   #203
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Whomp
... Akots what do you have against Boston? Akots you're just babbling about nothing. Too many caprinas for you. ...
I'm free to say whatever I want. Got any problems with that?
Old 25-06-2005, 10:34   #204
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Quote:
quote:I want to go to Europe!!!
Mid july in Stuttgart!
Old 25-06-2005, 14:13   #205
Matrix
Administrator

Old 27-06-2005, 16:07   #206
grahamiam
Emperor

We should have a drunk thread that we bump if we're a bit tipsy. I would like to read some of Akots' poems when he's hammered

Since Akots was at a Cuban restaurant, I'm guessing it was a lot of mojita's, not caprina's. Anyways, Boston is definitely not as nice as Montreal, though I did start dating my wife while she lived in Boston and do have nice memories of the place.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 16:22   #207
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by grahamiam

We should have a drunk thread that we bump if we're a bit tipsy.
And you think that if I am really drunk, that I can find a specific thread to bump?
Old 27-06-2005, 16:31   #208
Whomp
King

Right, right, right. Caprinas are Brazilian. Cha.
I've never been to Montreal but the 4 places I've been to in Canada are all awesome. Victoria, Whistler, Vancouver and Quebec City. All are really nice.

Boston is a pretty cool American city and Cape Cod does not suck but European cities are cooler for the most part.

Old 27-06-2005, 17:28   #209
romeothemonk
King

Depends on what you are looking for. I am a huge fan of Americana, the Wild West and such. Europe doesn't have too many of the kinda places where you can walk into a bar, hang out with bikers, get into a fight, beat on people for a while then get tossed out with no hard feelings anywhere.
Plus smalltown football has nothing on any sport, anywhere. Watching guys give there all, just for a chance to leave their mark, amazing.
BTW, I played my first game of real soccer yesterday night. I subbed in for my brother to give his team a bruiser. I got one penalty, and one penalty commited against, combined with 6 knockdowns that were legal. The only time I got knocked down was a blind slide tackle from the rear. I wouldn't have needed the penalty, I was just really pissed I lost my feet. I kinda pissed my team off because I didn't know the rules, but I shut down and knocked down their 2nd best striker, and still got some offense in. We lost 5-2, cause the team had no cohesion, and we were playing a Hispanic/Mexican team that had some quite good players. Soccer is more fun when they make you wear armor. In all the pickup games I plaed in, they have never ever ever let me have shinguards, now they are required. I can point to two guys that aren't walking straight due to shin/shin collisions they were in with me, and I am fine. If soccer was more violent, I could see myself playing it more often.
Old 27-06-2005, 17:47   #210
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by grahamiam
... I'm guessing it was a lot of mojita's, not caprina's. ...
Well, who you think I am? It was a plain good old rum. Started with Captain Morgan and went off to Bacardi. They don't sell Cuban rum in this country, alas.