Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 23-07-2007, 13:03   #201
Tubby Rower

One thing that I've noticed is that you have a bunch of extra players that aren't really needed. If you want to be crazy sell the extras and maybe one of your lower skilled players and upgrade your attack or defense. According to Alltid, your beating everyone (even if slightly) in the midfield. So either focus on your attack or defense. Since you are training GK, I would focus on your attack. Go out and get a superstar. You don't need SP since you got a SN SP guy in Daaf Leroi.

As far as training... it really depends on what you want to do. With your team kind of stagnating, I'd sell a GK trainee (save some of that money for a backup in case your GK gets injured). I would keep one of the brilliant GK's as that keeps you from having to get better defenders since the GK adds to all defensive ratings. Then train Passing. Not for profit, but for the skill. Passing should help you out all around.
Old 23-07-2007, 18:55   #202
Kemal

Hmm, might be I'm complicating matters a bit here but in general, I think you need to be able to field a good balanced squad without aiming to field a good balanced squad.

Flexibility, imho, is king in hattrick, and to achieve that you need to have great, but not superb players in all key positions. Make sure you have the players needed to field a succesful 5-3-2, 3-4-3 and 3-5-2 strategy, and you can adopt to any situation. You can of course focus on certain positions a bit more than others as per preference, the exact way on how to fill in the player positions depends on style, and above all, your financial possibilities.
Old 23-07-2007, 20:00   #203
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

It does not look like Marauders actually need anything apart from a solid 3-5-2 setup for now to progress in the league. So, aiming for all formations might be too much of a burden atm but a great idea in general. But I've just briefly looked at the league and did not go much into details.
Old 23-07-2007, 20:29   #204
Kemal

In all honesty, I did not analyze the league at all.

It's just a general philosophy that I think works well in HT... then again, I'm a mid-table contender in my own league too, so maybe it doesn't bring you championships when you want them.
Old 19-01-2008, 00:23   #205
Mistfit
King

ok.. it has been a while and while Matt has given me some wonderful suggestions I thought I would update you on my team and see if you all had any suggestions to improving the Marauders. I am pretty pleased with my team as it is but I think I need some more players in general as I do not have much for back-ups to cover injuries.
The team:

IM's

Defenders:

Wings:

Forwards:

Well those are the boys.. any overall suggestions? Ploys? Cheats (well ok none of those)

I currently mostly play 3-5-2 with the occasional 4-5-1 mostly straight up but occasionally AOW if the team I am playing warrants it.

My goal is to move to akots division in 2 seasons.
Old 19-01-2008, 06:22   #206
sz_matyas

Wow, don't think I've seen your whole team together before and must say I'm jealous. Couple of important notes for those giving critiques:
1) You have a 17 yr old GK you are training for the US U20 team
2) You need to replace your coach before too long

That said you have a nice dilemma for a team building exercise, a lot of very nice pieces, no true week spots and you are already competitive for the title. With this in mind I'm going to give my hand at trying to design a 2 season strategy to win you the title while leaving you competitive for a very tough div IV (figuring your top GK will be WC+ at the time of promotion I won't worry about him)

Since you are doing hard core training, stamina will likely be at 10% (assuming he needs to bump up a level slowly and you are pushing him along a good idea as stamina affects training time supposedly and you don't want to get caught with the new match engine heavily into stamina), this means youth is a premium, but one that you can't afford too much of with the push for the title.

Defender: You need 1 more
Emanuel goes, but wait until at least next season, when his PM will boost his value significantly
Czcibor goes, not an urgent threat, but his experience and skills make him a non-factor for you
Replacements: Ideally you want 2 players with brilliant D, passable winger, and some PM (a hidden skill since they are nerfing WTM, you can make up for it with power wings and some PM in D) as well as weak experience and around 25 starting next season. These cost ~$1.6M each. You also want to perhaps pull down a mag-WC defender with hidden PM probably $2M (since you want a 5th defender). Net cost: ~$3.5M

IM: Uwe and Bogomil go and get replaced by WC players Patricio can be replaced by a younger version of himself, but don't rush it he can hold his own.
Net cost: ~$1.5M

Winger: Svein goes, buy someone exactly like him (age, experience, PM, passing are great) except with WC winger
Net cost: ~$1.2M

Forward: Mees and Fernando go, replace with magnificent to WC scorers again ~24-25 weak experience, Winger is a hidden stat especially if you go for a 4-5-1 formation in div IV, with FTW nerfed it might drive down prices, but you can use it to your advantage. Offense promotes you, defense maintains, so don't skimp too much on forwards right now.
Net cost: ~1M

New coach: D minded passable leader starting in 2 seasons (i.e. buy him now) cost:~$800K

Total:$8M, this is assuming you have ~$2M on hand after the sale of your current player and can pull $3M a season between youth, a solid cup run (cup is more important than league next season [goal of 4th or 5th round] and you should be able to play both in two seasons) and a 50K seat stadium. If I'm off in my estimates on cash and prices feel free to correct me (kind of winging it based on what I've been trying with my team). Also this is how I would do it, though it's clearly your team and there are players here who are higher up than me so take there advice a bit more highly.

It's gonna be rough on the short timeline, but this is just an amazing bunch you've got here (Christian Philbert is truly a stud player, man do his stats look amazing).
Old 19-01-2008, 09:06   #207
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Looks good, you are making nice progress and crunching some fine TSI numbers and stars. Just do not try to hurry too much, IMO, this game takes time and patience. If you don't make it in 2 seasons, you can always make it in 3. IMHO, to comfortably survive in Div IV, you might want to double your top 11 TSI 138K to 275K. With 275K - 300K it should be fine of course depending on the actual league. If you go too fast, you might have not enough income to support the players.
Old 19-01-2008, 11:01   #208
arne1
King

looking at your squad I have one general comment, I think you should start to work on your salary management. I did not see a single american player. Which adds 20% to the salaries you have to pay. And only a few guys have an secundary skill. multiskill players are expensive to buy, but cheap in salary. Knowing that next season they will start to make multiskills perfom better in the matchengine would give me the impression you need to pay more attention to that.
Old 19-01-2008, 14:15   #209
Kemal

Agree on arne's comments on salary management (paying less is always good) but I don't think you've reached the skill levels that this starts to pay off yet.

For example, a foreign WC IM earns about 17K vs a domestic IM having a paycheck of about 14K. Assuming the average lifespan of a player is about 4, maybe 5 seasons (23-27 years) in your squad (optimistic I think), you'll be saving 15*5*3K = 225K in wages. Make sure you factor this in when buying a domestic player, who might sell at a premium price and could end up costing more in transfer price than that he saves in wages.

For defenders/forwards/wingers, the savings are even less, since they by default earn less salary than IMs anyway.

My opinion on the squad would be to definitely get at least one extra IM to increase versatility in your squad, he can either function as a second WTM, or alternatively be used as an OCD/DF when you'll focus on wing attacks.
Old 19-01-2008, 15:43   #210
Mistfit
King

Thanks so much for the in depth analysis guys.. it really helps.

American players are few ad far between indeed. As to my GK's I think I will need to think hard about what to do with my top guy.. overall it may take 3 seasons just because of my GK situation. I am thinking I will need to sell my top guy once he hits WC to keep from over-training him but that is a ways off so...

EDIT: I just looked at the next 3 days of the transfer list and their was not a single guy in any of the catagories that Matt suggested changes in that were American.. I don't know if an American team is a viable option but.. certainly something to look for if comparing 2 guys... Well there was one IM that was american.. but he was TItanic and opening price was 5 mil :O