Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Civilization > General Discussion > Civ IV
Home

Old 19-01-2006, 19:35   #11
grahamiam
Emperor

If you capture the holy city instead of building the wonder yourself and you have free religon, does this "Sauron's eye" work as well?
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2006, 19:44   #12
Tubby Rower

Don't think so.... In one game I had captured 3 holy cities and IIRC only the state religion's holy city was active. It would be easy to test and I might later if no one has a definitive answer
Old 19-01-2006, 20:53   #13
romeothemonk
King

You actually have to have a state religion to see other cities. If you are in free religion, you don't get to peek.

The Dang universal civics option in the U.N can really freaking suck.
Old 19-01-2006, 21:09   #14
Matrix
Administrator

Yea, you're right, Tubby. You need to have the Holy City and have that state religion...
Old 20-01-2006, 10:17   #15
digger760
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

You worry about his cannons when he has a tank?
I got rid of that Chinese tank, it caused me a bit of grief.

My fighters turned out really effective in softening infantry that were out in the open. The chinese dont seem to have any unit other than a destroyer that can defend against my fighers (and more recently bombers)

10 turns later 3 chinese tanks appeared, they seem to be able to attack 2-3 times per turn, did me alota a damage, just when i got over confident.

I had just churned out a few helicopters but they were outta range to get the tanks. For now the tanks have dissappeared, not sure if they committed suicide or they have hideen in the fog to heal, sometimes i dont pay that much attention inter-turn. But the helicopters are ready and waiting for them if they come back and my fighters will also help to soften them up first

Only 30 something turns left in this game. Mansu Musa, or what ever the hell his name is, has built 5 SS thingy me bobs and 3 SS widgets, but i doubt he has the techs yet to build the others. With 30 turns left it does'nt seem like he'll finish teh Space ship. I dont think i'll get a domination win in 30 turns, I might get 35-40% of the land mass if i can take out the chinsese. Looks like my first game could be a histogram victory.... yes thats right.... I am still playing my first game!!! (not including two missed starts back in November), and my Mrs is starting to give me grief that I am playing to much arrgghh will i ever finsh a second game

I seem to be a bit shy on Manufacturing grunt in this game, my best city was outputting 81 hammers in its prime, until the chinese pillaged a few squares.

The rest of my cities are 20-30 hammers and seem to take 10-15 turns to pump out an infantry unit. I am 3rd in MFG on the demographics. How are other people going with getting good productivity?
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2006, 14:14   #16
col
King

Windmills+sawmills+forge+factory+coal plant. Can knock out a tank in a couple of turns.
Old 20-01-2006, 16:30   #17
digger760
King

i guess one of the problems with Hamburg (my 81 hammer city) is that it is not on the coast, so to get to the size it is, i needed to irrgate grassland...hmm but there might 1 or 2 towns, i guess i could scrap them.

I normally mine hills, never really thought about windmills, will have to check that out.

Forget if i build a sawmill, definately have the forge, Factory and Coal plant thoug.
Old 20-01-2006, 17:44   #18
Kemal

A sawmill (lumbermill?) would be a terrain improvement that can be cuild on forests for +1 hpt (+2 with rr), if you have any of them left.

You could also add some workshops at the expense of farms and/or cottages if you really want the extra production, with state property the workshop becomes quite a potent enhancement to the terrain (and before state property too, if hammers is what you need most).
Old 30-01-2006, 02:51   #19
Socrates
Emperor

(might as well use this thread...)

Your PC has a very low configuration ? You're playing with 1.52 ? You're frustrated by the unbearable lag ? I have found one good cause : MILITARY ADVISOR !!! This one is surprisingly very low to open (ALWAYS), and once you have opened it during your session, the game suddenly lags twice as much (if not more) for a very long time. There surely are other factors (alt-tabbing comes to mind), but this one is definitely prohibited for me until the next patch. I could eat a part of pizza between every single unit move at this pace.
Old 30-01-2006, 09:55   #20
digger760
King

Hmm i did'nt notice a slight slow down. I can't go back and check it now, I am playing a Huge Earth Map with 18 civs[]