Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Markstar's lair
Home

Old 29-08-2005, 05:36   #11
Markstar
King

Great news, formed a permanent alliance with Matrix that should last until only our two teams are left. I disclosed all my plans to him (after he promised to keep them secret of course) so that means if he were to betray me, I can expect everybody to team up on me now. But I don't think that's going to happen.
I gifted him Map Making and Literature (I'll get IW in exchange - I don't need it but just to show the others that I am making some tech progress) and he agreed on making sure that the other teams will be trading the MA techs and inform me when the first three techs have been traded.
He also offered me military support so I am now confident that Beam and anarchokillers can be taken out fairly swiftly when the time comes. Only obsticle will be the Egyptians imo since they seem to be building up MWs and might attack Matrix before he is strong enough.

More good news: Stapel (who is working with Beam) initiated a chat asking me what I'd be willing to pay for him not razing one of my cities. I replied that Beam promised to leave my cities alone (which is true since otherwise I could have easily assigned units to accompany his warrior). We continued to chat and he disclosed some very useful information:
1) They are still in Despotism. Wow, I could/should have known/remembered that since I keep on checking F3 almost every turn, especially now that I'm building up military. And when he mentioned it I recalled seeing this back in Stuttgart but it slipped my mind until Stapel expressed his unhappiness about this.
2) I had assumed that they did that on purpose but it seems now that they are going to switch to Rep very soon which could mean more turns lost on anarchy = higher advantage for me in when building up my army.
3) Stapel said that they'd switch in 3 turns or so due to tech agreements which of course indicates (knowing that Matrix is finishing Construction (or was it Currency) very soon) that Beam has a deal with the others and they'll all be entering the MA shortly.

All in all very good news, now all I need is for Beam not to attack me within the next 6 turns or so (so that I can build some chariots and have enough money to buy more (and/or upgrade them to MWs)). And of course speeding this game up would be nice...
Markstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 10:34   #12
Markstar
King

The save is finally moving again. But there are some really bad news - I seemed to have gotten all the techs that Matrix has offered me in the past instead of just IW as we agreed. Now of course that would mean I can't build chariot anymore which seriously screws up my long-time plan.

79.4KB

I am ABSOLUTELY certain that I only agreed to trade IW so this seems to be a bug (I actually had something similar with anarchokillers but in that case he just paid me some money back). I hope there is a way to get around this.
Markstar is offline   Reply With Quote