Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 22-05-2005, 01:45   #11
Kemal

Well, if players are fired and/or sold to "honest" users, I suppose it might be difficult for the GMs to act in this matter in such a way that these actions will be revoked, unless it is possible to create and implant specific players in specific teams with simply a mere line of code, which I doubt really.

But, lets all hope a good solution will be found to this asap.
Old 22-05-2005, 03:53   #12
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kemal
... unless it is possible to create and implant specific players in specific teams with simply a mere line of code, which I doubt really.

This might be beyond the power of GM or any administrator. They don't have these rights or so it seems. The only way out might be giving back all lost cash back to EB.
Old 22-05-2005, 10:38   #13
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

Well, if players are fired and/or sold to "honest" users, I suppose it might be difficult for the GMs to act in this matter in such a way that these actions will be revoked, unless it is possible to create and implant specific players in specific teams with simply a mere line of code, which I doubt really.

That's probably not very difficult, just adding a player record to their database.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2005, 11:20   #14
Kingreno

EB, if you can still log-in I'd trasferlist all players as soon as possible with their maximum bidprice, so no-one will buy them. This way the hacker cannot fire them for 3 days or sell them for bottom prices. I know a lot is lost already though and dunno if this will help...
This pisses me off bigtime...some boner making a second team for himself and stuff is one thing but this directly screwes another player!
I also would like to know how this was possible. As the hacker is an Evertonsupporter as well it may be that EB knows this guy IRL?
Old 22-05-2005, 11:24   #15
Kemal

Seems to be some network of Everton supporters, as this guy also has (transfer) dealings with several other teams somehow linked to Everton... probably lots of illegal activities there too, but of no importance of course compared to EB's current situation.
I'm also unsure as to how this happened, but I suppose the password was sent to the wrong person by the GM and EB still does not have it (probably it has been changed already too of course).

@PP: hopefully it will indeed be as simple as you indicate here.
Old 23-05-2005, 09:21   #16
Plux
King

Wow, this is pretty radical stuff. Why would someone want to play upon a fellow hattrick player like this? What a bastard! I feel sorry for English Brit. Hope the HT admins manage to work things out for him!
Plux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2005, 12:59   #17
yndy
Prince

Also sorry for EB and hope things will get back to somewhat normal. It seems obvious that the EVERTON R 4 KING GREAT may have something to do but it might be someone else who makes it look like Everton did it. I really hope the GM's will sort it out and even if I think that the harm cannot be undone (it was EB's email that was hacked and not hattrick) I hope he'll be back into the game real soon.
Old 24-05-2005, 19:37   #18
Kingreno

I am wondering why he has not yet posted his side of teh story here? I'm quite curious how this all happened.
Old 27-05-2005, 12:12   #19
Håkon

Oh dear - really bad luck Hopefully not too much damage has been done, but that must be awful to have happen to your team...
Håkon is offline   Reply With Quote