Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 22-12-2004, 18:10   #11
English_brit

That 4 star midfielder was from my first team. I had a very tough league game which I was trying to win by playing that 4 star play WTM so I had to play him again in the centre to get full training for the week.

Atm I've got 2 outstanding 2 formidable 1 excellent and 1 solid trainee.
English_brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2004, 21:07   #12
Schip

Hakon, you were. good game, though. Frank Kal mist 3 penalties in the last 2 matches he played. Needless to say we want see him around for very long.
Schip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2004, 00:08   #13
Swingue
Prince

Close call in Group B: Swingstars - Aristocats 2-1

Quote:
quote:
View game: HT Live
Date: 22-12-2004 at 17:30
MatchID: 30860832
Arena: SwingStars Arena
Crowd: 919

919 spectators had come to SwingStars Arena this cloudy day. SwingStars had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Garben - Brandse, Haagsman, de Greef - Knoester, Kuiper, Heil, Veraar, Arkesteijn - Fiume, Sauter.

Aristocats had chosen a strategic 5-3-2 formation. They fielded: Saranpää - Angelle, van den Burg, Gaastra, Vink, Al-Mahmoud - Dalhuizen, Thöny, Villar - Wagenaar, Spiekeman.

SwingStars tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. Aristocats showed their counterattack skill in the 27:th minute, with Timmy Vink scoring uncontested for 0 - 1. The referee showed SwingStarss Joep Knoester the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Due to a severely mistimed tackle, Johnny Angelle spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game. Rouven Thöny of Aristocats received a yellow card in the 30:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. After a scuffle in the guest´s penalty area the home team were awarded a 32nd minute penalty. Tsjipke Arkesteijn equalised to 1 - 1. Roderick Wagenaar of Aristocats received a yellow card in the 34:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. SwingStars could have put themselves ahead in the 41st minute as Olaf Erik Sauter missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right. Halftime score was 1 - 1. SwingStars held the ball, with a clear 63 percent possession rate.

46 minutes into the game a free kick combination hooked into the box almost resulted in the home team taking the lead, but the last header went wide. Danny Brandse of SwingStars received a yellow card in the 52nd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. SwingStars could have put themselves ahead in the 69:th minute as Vic Fiume missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right. Wout van den Burg of Aristocats received a yellow card in the 74:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. After 75 minutes SwingStars´s Bram Veraar contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. Many thought Tsjipke Arkesteijn ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 76:th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Asmo Saranpää. Timmy Vink got left behind when SwingStars´s Olaf Erik Sauter made a sudden pull forward in the 80:th minute, finishing off with a swift strike. 2-1! Olaf Erik Sauter almost managed to score another goal for SwingStars, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by SwingStars, with an impressive 63 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating SwingStars player was without a doubt Joep Knoester. However, Vincent Heil made a disastrous appearance. Aristocats´s best player was Ger Gaastra. Eric Spiekeman was a disappointment, however. The match ends 2 - 1.

================================================

Swingue got a new pair of eyes, 20/20 vision now
Swingue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2004, 03:24   #14
Bootstoots

Quote:
quote:
2852 spectators had come to The Yellow Boot this cloudy day. Yellow started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Paulsson - Haas, Knott, Hawkins - Pilar, Righetti, Villar, Biler, Visan - Lara, Ivan.

Snaken started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Mi³ek - Poorter, Turbiarz, Öztürk - Ruijg, Kajak, Lucado, Fjällander, Flores D'Arcais - Vaudroz, Sánchez.

Randy Knott gave his Yellow the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Snaken´s Diego Flores D'Arcais got himself booked. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 18 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Yellow. However, Stanis³aw Mi³ek made a spectacular save. Joakim Fjällander behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 30:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. In the games 32nd minute Snaken´s Joakim Fjällander fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Joakim Fjällander for taking a dive. After 36 minutes Ovidiu Ivan put Yellow ahead 2 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. After this Yellow lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Halftime score was 2 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 69 percent possession of the ball.

The referee showed Snakens Laurenty Kajak the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Jonny Paulsson the unlucky victim, couldn´t continue the game, so Povl Skaarup had to come off the bench. Yellow´s Randy Knott had an excellent opportunity in the 61st minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles! In the 63rd minute Snakens Florian Lucado received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Due to a severely mistimed tackle, Randy Knott spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game. The home side´s Tomislav Pilar came close to extending the lead in the 65:th minute. His shot came in off the right hand side but Stanis³aw Mi³ek managed saving with a fingernail. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Yellow lead up with 3 - 0. Ovidiu Ivan finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Yellow, bringing the final ball possession rate to 70 percent, dominated the battle.

Yellow´s best player was Silvio Biler. Povl Skaarup on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Berke Can Öztürk. Carl Vaudroz on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 0.
Fairly solid win for me, though I did have a keeper replaced with a backup midfielder (who got 0 stars, but he kept a clean sheet). Kemal did do fairly well, and did easily beat me in defense ratings, but he was on the receiving end of my highest midfield rating ever. Attendance was definitely good, despite the cloud cover.
Bootstoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2004, 07:29   #15
yndy
Prince

I can't figure out how I lost at Elsaak but it sure turns out that our group is very close and also that I won't get in the finals.
Old 23-12-2004, 09:46   #16
Kemal

Yeah, the attendance sure was a nice financial boon compared to (at least my own) usual friendly crowd revenues. In the end, I'm happy with the 3-0 loss and no injuries, there was no way I could have ever won that game I'm afraid...

Yellow Boots midfield: "inadequate (high)"..
Old 23-12-2004, 10:18   #17
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by yndy

I can't figure out how I lost at Elsaak but it sure turns out that our group is very close and also that I won't get in the finals.
I think he listed his first team.
Old 23-12-2004, 11:20   #18
socralynnek

Lost 1 to 4 against PP SV.
But at least, it was 1-1 at halftime.

Have to concentrate on my league. I am hird with 3points to the second, and I'm playing an away game at the leader's stadium, who can make a big step towards promotion.
Will be hard, but maybe afterwards I can field my best team for the cup (not really because I don't want to lose fans)