Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 22-09-2004, 02:55   #11
Bootstoots

Quote:
quote:
A scorching day at Archers Arena, where 4821 spectators were in place for today´s match. Archers had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: East - Heng-Hong, Bray, Mccarthy, Mchugh - Felix, Grossman, Pratt, Metcalf - Krueger, Mcnabb.

Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Brown - Falbrant, Knott, Fernández - Visan, Righetti, Biler, Berntsen, Pilar - Tomlin, Burney.

Yellow took the lead in the games 6:th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Tomislav Pilar was the scorer. After 7 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Michel Righetti who increased Yellow´s lead to 0 - 2. The away team´s Mats Falbrant took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 16:th minute increasing Yellow´s lead to 0 - 3. Michel Righetti received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 21st minute and almost caused an opponent to score. Silvio Biler increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 4. After this Yellow lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Tomislav Pilar was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Billie Tomlin managed to kick one of them into 0 - 5 in the 25:th minute. Yellow had, after 30 minutes of the game, worked the left side industriously, creating several opportunities to add to their lead, but somehow didn´t achieve closure. The referee showed Yellows Serban Visan the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The player down was Winston Mccarthy. The Archers bench looked worried a while but in the end he managed to get up. 0 - 5 was the half-time score. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 80 percent possession rate.

The referee showed Archerss Dean Bray the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Archers made a substitution in the 73rd minute. Mac Pratt limped off the field and was replaced by Graham Baker. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 73rd minute Yellow goal, making it 0 - 6. Theodore Burney was noted down as the scorer. Archers´s Jesse Metcalf refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 80:th minute. In the games 84:th minute Theodore Burney nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, his shot passed just over the bar. The visitors Michel Righetti took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 86:th minute. 0 - 7 for Yellow. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 80 percent possession rate.

Archers´s best player was Stephen East. Santos Felix was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt David Brown. Gonzalo Fernández on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 7.
Good result, it should help with attendance at the last match of the season next week. Unfortunately, my series rival with a training program (the same one who beat me 4-0 two weeks ago) lost to the rival without one and will now place second. I'll have to struggle to overcome him, and I may well be in div. 6 for another two seasons. Someday I'll get out though.
Bootstoots is offline   Reply With Quote