Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 11-08-2004, 16:52   #11
Kemal

Again guys, thanks for the help, it's really appreciated. Unfortunately I won't be playing a friendly tonight, as it seems all my challenges have been rejected without comment.

Looking forward to read more about the "stamina gambit" yndy!

@plux: Hopefully you'll have yours soon, I applied at the 19th of July, so I suppose you will not have too wait that long anymore now.
Old 11-08-2004, 17:01   #12
yndy
Prince

OK, it's updated. Shabba, PP guys, take a look too and tell me what do you think about that. It's the current draft of a new player guide i'm working on and I'm eager to get someone (Kemal, Plux) to try it. I think that you can't go wrong with it, even the nightmare scenario is better than most of the others.

Kemal, it might seem a little weird to ask you to spend all your money on the first week and end up with a horde of players but that's why it's called a gambit and not a standard increase stadium, buy better coach, tactic.

How does 2 million EURO by the end of the current season sound to you guys?

I've added something more here:
http://www.ht-arena.com/Sticla/?page=kemal2

I've got to go home now, I'll get back later in the evening to read your comments.
Old 11-08-2004, 17:46   #13
Dell19
King

I've found its alot easier to arrange a friendly by putting your own advert up as there seems to be a lack of advertisers and a surplus of people searching for friendlies.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 18:28   #14
Shabbaman
Administrator

Yndy, I'd already read it and I was too stunned to reply. It sounds like the stuff of a madman, but I'm sure it works. The only complication is that you need pretty much experience with the transfer market to make sure you get the right stuff. But I guess "we" could be quite helpful with it by listing the exact parameters, and exact maximum prices (although you already have been pretty thorough with that...)

I'd love to see both Kemal and Plux try this strategy. You've got nothing to loose anyway, you can always quit and go for a new team...
Old 11-08-2004, 19:08   #15
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

I like the stamina idea, just a few thoughts:

Buying
I wonder if you'll manage to get any solid PM's for 15K even with lousy stamina. Transfer compare gives me prices around 55K for 10 random crappy stamina solid PM. If I edit out one player with 1500TSI which is far too high for our goal I'm left with 47K. For now let's assume 35K is possible when you take care buying.

Selling
Otoh I think 50K is quite a conservative selling price. I looked up an old (31), solid PM with excellent stamina and a fairly low TSI. Transfer compare gives me 145K average. ultimate low price in the compare is 49K, after that a few around 80K/100k. Let's assume we'll be able to sell for 100K a piece on average. That still seems conservative to me.

How will our financials be when we buy 25 players and sell/fire our starting ones.
initial funds : 300,000
initial buying: 25 * 35K = 875,000
initial selling of starting team: 250,000
--------------------------
cash after transfers : - 350K

7 weeks survival period (training stamina)
salary : 25 * 700 (high estimate) = 14,000 a week * 7 weeks = 122,500
staff : 7*7500 (low estimate) : 52,500
arena : 7*5000 : 35,000
youth : 7*5000 : 35,000
interest 7*18.000: 126,000
TOTAL expenses : 371,000

benefits
sponsors : 23.000 * 7 : 161,000 (based on 8th div average)
crowd : 15.000 * 7 : 105,000 (based on 8th div average)
TOTAL benefits : 266,000

TOTAL 7 weeks loss : 105,000
starting cash position : -325,000
cash position after 7 weeks : -430,000 euro.

Selling
25 * 100.000 = 2,500,000 euro

after selling cash position : 2,070,0000 euro

Seems a viable plan to me. be carefull though that the 7 weeks average is an AVERAGE. If you have less home games than 3.5 you'll have less income. same for the average amounts used. If you play only lousy teams at home during those 7 weeks your income will be lower.

2 million euro after 7 weeks is an incredible amount and more than enough to repeat the whole proces with 50 players. As 50 players cost you 1,7500,000 euro, you won't go into debt so you will break even during training. You sell those 50 players for 5 million.
5M plus the 250K left from first buy = 5.25 million euro. more than enough to buy a trainee keeper (Yndy's suggestion) and have enough left to buy a decent team that will get you into the 6th division in 2 seasons straight.

ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 01:25   #16
Bootstoots

The stamina gambit looks like a great idea to me. I've never heard of people doing that before and it sounds excellent. The only problem I see is the initial price; as PP pointed out above, it would be very hard to find solid PM players for 15K or less regardless of stamina. However, even if he makes 250K off of selling his entire starting team, he'll only be able to spend 750K total before he reaches the -200K limit to buying players, so 40 players is probably out of the question and 25 may also be too many. However, I think PP's idea to repeat the process is a good one and I think Kemal (and Plux as well when he gets a team) will be able to generate enough off of the sale regardless to be able to repeat with 50 players.
Bootstoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 04:43   #17
yndy
Prince

I've taken another look at the transfer market and yes my original price indication could be too optimistic. Still I think that EUR 30k per player is doable and some players can be bought even cheaper.

I've taken a look at Kemal's team as well and I doubt he'll be able to make 250 k from sale of players. So it's likely he'll reach the limit of -200k before reaching a size 50 squad. I

In such a case when he reaches something like -150K, he should switch from solid playmaking to passable playmaking, anmd the price for each player should be close to 0 (I failed completely to sell two passable playmaking due to bad stamina).

PP, there's a problem with rinse and repeat in this tactic and it's the team spirit. The team spirit will drop to the absolute minimum if you do 40 transfers in a week. It will also drop when selling all those players. The result is that Kemal won't have half-decent results until the end of the season.

By then he would have bought and resold all players. At the end of the seasons the team spirit resets and he could start on goalkeeper training with the money he saved. He would also start getting good results for the IX division.

I'll add some changes to the material to reflect what we've discussed. done
Kemal, feel free to ask and we'll answer. I've also revised my suggestions and advise you to sell more of your players (5 now, see above).
Old 12-08-2004, 08:07   #18
Schip

This could workout fine indeed. Do remember however that the transfermarket isn't that profitable at the end of a season (at least not for trainees). And that putting 40 players on the PM list will not do much good to the price.

Another issue which surprised me in the game of Swingue vs. Kingreno last night was that swingue played 3-4-3 and switched two positions to get this formation (a defender as extra innermid and an innermid as extra forward). My understanding was that changing the position of a player reduces his overall skill by 10% during that game. So it doesn't make sense to have two players changing its position. Anyone can confirm this?
Schip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 08:48   #19
Shabbaman
Administrator

40 players on 400.000 users shouldn't significantly decrease prices. If every newbie tries this though, stamina will be worth squat in the future.
One thing that came to mind: aren't players with high stamina less sought after by the end of the season (since teams will be training stamina between seasons anyway), thus dropping the price?
Old 12-08-2004, 09:35   #20
yndy
Prince

Midfielder trainers would probably train stamina in the mid season but they would not need the players anyway. Others could use the opportunity to buy a set of midfielders and train them all stamina but I guess not so many change their entire midfield line at a time.

The sale of the players would actually be spread over more than three weeks as players grow at slightly different rates and they start from different levels as well.