Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 06-03-2005, 22:47   #11
Dell19
King

Its a really really good site in general. It has info on how many economists you should have, whether your stadium is about the right size and backdraft which is great for looking at what your opponent has recently played.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 00:14   #12
Thrawn

Quote:
quote:The 8185 spectators at Marlin Stadium were in for an afternoon of sunshine. Marlins tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Refkivanza - Noonan, Cassella, Packer - Daish, Tuilagi, Johnson, Waaka, Sparke - Allen, Ibrahim.

Le-goas tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Cousins - John, Collingwood, Vaifale, Williams - Read, Rogers, Sutton, Frear - Linighan, Mouthaan.

It was an obvious ambition of Marlins to attack on the flanks. Marlinss Anthony Allen gave, after 5 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. The referee showed Le-goas's Abel Rogers the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. One of many good passes from Bertran Sparke at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Mohammad Ibrahim, scoring for Marlins to 2 - 0. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Marlins lead up with 3 - 0. Mohammad Ibrahim finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. 33 minutes into the game Marcus Read had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Ed Stares. After 35 minutes Anthony Allen put Marlins ahead 4 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. Marlins were given a penalty in the 38:th, neatly put away by Taylor Tuilagi. 5 - 0 for the home side. By now Marlins were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. After 43 minutes Le-goas´s Lafele Williams contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. 5 - 0 was the half-time score. Marlins held the ball, with a clear 74 percent possession rate.

Marlins appeared unsure on how to play and their organisation was only passable. After an industrious effort down the middle Robert Daish could have closed the game off in the 72nd minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Marlins's Mohammad Ibrahim got himself booked. 77 minutes into the game Bertran Sparke had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Malcolm Howe. Nick Cousins was caught napping a bit later as Taylor Tuilagi lifted a ball over him after a free kick, but the ball hit the bar, rebounding into the keepers arms. The referee showed Le-goas's Parker Linighan the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Malcolm Howe should probably have put his team up another goal in the 87:th minute, but some great goaltending by Nick Cousins kept the visitors in the game. Anthony Allen increased Marlinss lead to 6 - 0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. At that, Anthony Allen was noted down for a hat trick. Marlins held the ball, with a clear 83 percent possession rate.

Most important Marlins player was Ray Waaka. Malcolm Howe was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Le-goas player was without a doubt Homer Collingwood. Ed Stares on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 6 - 0.
A cruisy win, but I was kinda expecting that. Celebrations abound as one of my players scores a hattrick and moves to #2 scorer in the league.
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 00:34   #13
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

nice going Thrawn. If you win next week's match against Mugod you're still in good position for the championship.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 01:36   #14
Thrawn

Yep, I'm expecting a tough game next week.
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 06:09   #15
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:At Chemists Arena, 17623 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Chemists tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. Lineup: Fugate - Norris, Beal, Parker - Robitaille, Stoleru, Vivas, Hammond - Patton, Spencer, Mininni.

Jamdown started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Ivanovic - Braun, Cho, Ulrich - Templeton, Mayfield, Gross, Iriarte Calvo, Okeefe - Ty-Eng, Prescott.

Jamdown´s 0 - 1 goal came from a questionable penalty. Mario Prescott struck that one home without a second thought. Chemists's Marcos Hammond scored 1 - 1 by shooting accurately and hard from a long distance, leaving the opponent goalie no other option than to pick up the ball from the net. A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 26:th minute allowed Mario Prescott to score 1 - 2 for Jamdown. After a fatal mistake from the away teams right side defense in the 27:th minute, an alert Mark Patton bagged the ball, evening the score to 2 - 2. Jamdown took the lead after 31 minutes with 2 - 3. Mario Prescott placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. By then Mario Prescott was a three time scorer - a hat trick! The visitors He Ty-Eng took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 34:th minute. 2 - 4 for Jamdown. Halftime score was 2 - 4. Chemists held the ball, with a clear 63 percent possession rate.

Chemists reduced the score in the 51st minute to 3 - 4 when Jackie Spencer got the best of a ball floated in from the left. Chemists tried to reply with long plays towards the centrally placed strikers, but the visitor´s defence got the best of it. In the game's 67th minute, Jamdown's Rex Templeton fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Rex Templeton for taking a dive. After 69 minutes Marcos Hammond made a speedy advance and dropped the ball to Jackie Spencer who shuffled the ball past the keeper. The score was now 4 - 4. Chemists got a penalty shot in the 83rd minute, but Mark Patton fumbled the shot slightly and Ben Ivanovic was able to block. A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Chemists´s Anselmo Mininni was able to shove the ball in. 5-4. With 88 minutes played Jackie Spencer could have brought this one home for Chemists as he charged up on the left, but his hooked ball went just a bit too high. After 89 minutes, a couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area by Anselmo Mininni might have resulted in another goal for Chemists. However, Ben Ivanovic made a spectacular save. A swift counterattack by Jamdown resulted in a free kick that Mario Prescott elegantly twisted into the goal - 5 - 5! Jamdown´s Raúl Iriarte Calvo left the field after 90 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Gaston Meehan. Chemists held the ball, with a clear 69 percent possession rate.

Chemists´s best player was Marcos Hammond. However, Marco Vivas made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Jamdown player was without a doubt Rex Templeton. However, Mikey Okeefe made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 5 - 5.
I'm really pissed. Must admit, I had some good luck in the previous games but this one is really a fucked up culmination of bad luck since I'm stronger in everything except coach leadership. The owner of that team did not log in for 5 weeks (not that he forgot... he just cannot) and the next team which plays him will probably have a walkover. Well, seems that HT RNG does have streaks as well and even worse than that in civ.

Besides, my arena was full and I need to expand it apparently again this season.

How can solid set pieces penalty miss against inad keeper with 570 TSI in poor form? Why do cheater always win?
Old 07-03-2005, 09:18   #16
Kemal

That's tough luck indeed akots, I had the same in my IX league last season, where I played a cheater with quite a strong team twice in week 7 and 8, after which he got replaced with a crappy team in week 9 for all others to do some target practice on. Fortunately in the end it didn't make any difference for my team at that time, and if you could pull off some good wins in the next 4 weeks, maybe the same will be true for your team.

Old 07-03-2005, 12:15   #17
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

In my first complete season a cheater who had sold a crappy player for 400K to a second team he owned won the league. He got replaced with a noob a few weeks before the comp ended and this new guy became champion.

In the end this cost me promotion and I ended up staying in the 8th division for a season longer than I would have when this cheater would have been replaced immediately. Otoh I'm convinced that the extra build up season allowed me to promote from 7th to 6th in one season. Still hard to say what would have earned me more money: the extra top season in the 8th I had or an extra mediocre season in the 7th.

Still : cheaters should be replaced quicker imo.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 14:44   #18
yndy
Prince

As far as I know, the 7 weeks term is to allow discussions when actually the team is wrongly closed and the time is used for clarifications between the owner and the GMs.
Old 08-03-2005, 19:54   #19
English_brit

Quote:
quote:Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 42812 to Rectory Lane Megadome. Rowington had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Westbeek - Payne, Edenbratt, Marshall - Saywell, Dudley, Kinnear, Matsson, Rickard - Kaliappan, Foxworth.

Toffees tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Sauter - Previzi, Lonie, Pearson - Hevia, Attah-Agyeman, ¯etecki, Rieper, Liguori - Hollenstein, Smiglewski.

Rowington were very close to putting themselves one up in the 6:th minute as John Saywell got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. Rowingtons Stephen Kinnear gave, after 8 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. The visitors almost came back with an equaliser in the 19:th minute after a good combination down the middle, but as Charles Attah-Agyeman was to put closure on the raid he couldn´t deliver a shot hard enough to seriously challenge the keeper. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. Toffees held the ball, with a clear 60 percent possession rate.

After 53 minutes, Pierre-André Hollenstein swiftly ran past Leonard Edenbratt to put away the 1-1 goal. Toffees's Pierre-André Hollenstein could have put the guests one up in the 54th minute, chasing a through ball but Sjakie Westbeek was fast as a snake, grabbing the ball from under his nose. The terraces were silenced in the 73rd minute as Toffees´s Piero Liguori put the guests ahead 1 - 2, following an attack from the right. Stephen Kinnear pulled a real crowd pleaser as he, in the 84:th minute, wove through the guests whole central defense line and put the 2 - 2 equaliser away. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Toffees, with an impressive 61 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Rowington player was without a doubt Matthew Payne. Vairavanathan Kaliappan on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Toffees player was without a doubt Charles Attah-Agyeman. Piero Liguori on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 2.
I was hoping for a win tbh but his midfield was stronger than I expected. It was weak when I thought it'd be poor. I'd pic'd this game due to my next match which is tougher. Looks like I got it wrong. Ooops. lol

Here's my league table atm.

Quote:
quote:1. triniride destroyer 5 13 - 3 10
2. tidders Town 5 9 - 3 10
3. Rowington FC 5 10 - 6 8
4. Toffee's Utd 5 14 - 11 8
5. Are you Sunderland 5 13 - 8 7
6. Hopes Heroes 5 13 - 14 7
7. Down To The Top 5 10 - 16 6
8. Super_Stockport 5 2 - 23 0
English_brit is offline   Reply With Quote