Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 19-03-2003, 20:38   #11
Aggie
Emperor

ERIKK and I played three more turns. I think that we will make contact next turn (friday). It won't take long before we know everyone...
Old 19-03-2003, 22:41   #12
Aggie
Emperor

This is my territory...

Old 21-03-2003, 07:31   #13
Aggie
Emperor

We finally met... ERIKK was ahead in technology, but I knew the rest of the world, I had something to trade. I couldn't get writing from the AI, so I was happy with the deal I made with ERIKK. He got two contacts and 30 gold.

One turn later I managed to buy the last tech I lacked (horseback riding. So now everyone is at tech parity. Except for a few backward AI civs.

I'm probably the biggest civ right now, but with the weakest military. It looks like ERIKK is planning an early attack on a neighbour, judging is slower growth and bigger military. Obvious choice with immortals. I seem to have enough room to expand to the north, so I probably will keep on building for a while.
Old 21-03-2003, 09:58   #14
Shabbaman
Administrator

Get the romans before they get legions.
Old 21-03-2003, 10:40   #15
Aggie
Emperor

I might just do that, but I have to find them first
Old 21-03-2003, 11:00   #16
Shabbaman
Administrator

Oh crap. I thought the reds were romans... But they're the japs I see.
Hey, one more thing. Since you're playing with the Egyptians, you can rush temples by whipping in size 2 cities. This can give you a huge advantage (since culture production doubles after 1000 years)!
Old 21-03-2003, 11:14   #17
Aggie
Emperor

They are the Japs. Also not very good neighbours during the middle ages..... What about the celts south of me

And I'm indeed rushing the temples. I started with the boundary cities. I'm first in culture now. Thanks for the tip.
Old 21-03-2003, 21:01   #18
Aggie
Emperor

We continued our PBEM tonight and we are now at turn 74. I am technologically advanced and have two techs ERIKK doesn't have: Mathematics and Polytheism. He doesn't want to trade...

The both of us are no 1 and 2 on the histograph now.

EDIT: One turn later things changed a little. ERIKK managed to be the first to trade maps will all the AI. So am left standing, with only 50% of the map at the moment and no T/M of ERIKK yet... This is what I know now. ERIKK established an embassy at Thebes...

Old 22-03-2003, 11:19   #19
Aggie
Emperor

We rapidly progress in this game and are playing turn 85 atm.

I've got temples in most of my cities now. This makes me the cultural leader... My southern neighbours the Celts are very weak. I'm producing warriors now that I will upgrade to swords once my iron is connected. But before I can do that, I need more money... Wit 25 swords I will start my attack...

ERIKK appears to have a weaker military at the moment. Really wondering what he is up to...
Old 22-03-2003, 14:37   #20
Aggie
Emperor

I finally got the opportunity to get a complete view on the world (turn 95 - see Open thread)). I had to pay a high price to the Arabs (2 techs), but I needed to know the world and ERIKK's empire. His empire is about as big as mine, but he has more room to expand. In fact, I'm almost finished with my peaceful expansion. Soon war is needed. The Celts lack iron, so they are stuck with 2 attack and 2 defense, even in the early middle ages.