Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 05-04-2004, 21:02   #11
Arghis

i've sign a Right of passage Agreement with Hittites. Also, i've built an embassy in his capital. This one is now always polite with me.

Culturally speaking, i stole him 2 horses and 2 wine. The only stupid thing is i still have no raods to his capital, so i can't trade with Hittites.

Now, Hittites is travelling in my country, which implies he could sell sometime my territory map to the mayan for instance. And situation with the Maya is a bit more tricker

Arghis, King of iron drunk horses (yes it's a bit ridiculous, but that's how i've seen some of my unhappy subjects calling me in a strange kind of Drama i read in a Great room full of librairans near my palace).

55.36*KB
Old 05-04-2004, 21:19   #12
Arghis

Mayan has built a city (above Hittites ruins) just 2 turns before me, just near the central mountain. In the hills there is iron, and in the desert there is incense.
Thanx to flood plain, my city of Bremen is not so bad.

One of the problem with Maya, his that he has built the great wall. This added to a good army, is rather embarrassing. Military advisor tell me that we're average against Maya, and diplomatic relation says that we have an army roughly of the same size. Histograph chart of power indicates me that i'm more powerful than Maya (1.5 to one i think)
If there is a war, i hope that Hittites will join my side. It seems logical.

Mayan Iron is in the far south of this continent, sout west of silks

60.25KB
Old 05-04-2004, 21:37   #13
Arghis

Japanese (aka Markstar) has just killed Sumerian. Jap has Ancient cav and is building Crusaders Wonder. He is leading the game since a good time, under Republic. He also have Temple of Artemis and Mausolleum.
Old 05-04-2004, 21:41   #14
Aggie
Emperor

Good job on the Great Library . I would have choosen Republic as well though. It's in almost all cases better than Monarchy.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:21   #15
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

Good job on the Great Library . I would have choosen Republic as well though. It's in almost all cases better than Monarchy.
I'm not too sure about that anymore. The 2gpt maintenance for being over the free unit cap in republic kills larger empires, simply due to the amount of workers you need to improve your lands (on huge maps, I mean)....

Sure I still choose Republic if I have the chance, but it's not a no-brainer for me anymore...
Old 06-04-2004, 09:44   #16
anarres
anarchist butcher

Well, that's what aqueducts are for! Cities give 3 support at size 7, and in Republic I often have NO army costs at all.

BTW, this is another great plug for Agri - with half price aqueducts it really isn't hard to get even mostly corrupt cities to size 7...
Old 20-04-2004, 00:42   #17
Arghis

Well, this game has ended and i've lost.

first i should have never run for Monarchy and not start a war (with Hittites). Don't know why, i was in the mood for Peace.
next, as i've said with Markstarr, i was hoping for a long game, so i do not worry about Japanese at start. that's also why i choose German.
After, nearly all my trades attempt with IA was not interesting. I had many alliances with my neighbors, but of course, it was essentially for fun (Markstarr was already far ahead).
At the end of the game, i build Crusaders GW, but it was too late. At least one crusader had a fight agaisnt Samurais.
At my beginning, i had horses immediatly, so chariot help me strenghten a bit. After building the GL, all my money was going in imprving my army and rushing some building.
Anyway, i've made many mistakes in this game (building library instead of barracks, ...) and agaisnt the style of play of my adversary (quick and sharp), this was the last thing to do.
Old 20-04-2004, 00:50   #18
anarres
anarchist butcher

Markstar is storming the forum atm, he seems unstoppable...

Better luck in your next game Arghis!
Old 20-04-2004, 00:54   #19
Arghis

Here's a shot before my capital was seized by japanese. We end the game just after.

i tried to fortify my territory, so that the task could be a bit more difficult, but with no real effect.

My alliances were also not useful. Perhaps it distract him a bit, but i'm even not sure of that. Well, i was not really hoping teh IA doing a miracle.

Anyway, this game was interesting, and i learn from it.

73.42KB