Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 15-07-2004, 22:14   #11
Pastorius
Custard used tile

The whatimitosis setting? [crazyeyes]

What you are describing here, and what anar suggests, is almost the same issues I had - I had games quit, and most applications that required a bit of work from the cpu and the video card autorebooted me - except for the fan on my Gforce4 card having fallen off and just lying on the bottom of the cabinet under every other card in there, I think I can say I shared your experience. My serviceguy (3 year guaranty on the comp so no cost) told me I also had too little thermal paste on my motherboard for the cpu. So you definitely should look up someone to help
Old 16-07-2004, 00:18   #12
Col.Tarleton

My thanks to Anarres,Paalikles and Digger(the dinky die Aussie).Your suggestions have firmed up my decision to take it to my friendly neighbourhood computer shop.I did try to remove the CPU fan/heatsink but after reading the motherboard manual realised that the unit is very difficult to remove from the retaining module clips.I had thought that the conducting paste might be missing or too little.I'll point this out to the computer geezer.Their policy is,no fix,no fee,so worth a try.I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 11-08-2004, 16:24   #13
Col.Tarleton

As promised,I'll tell you what occurred.
I took it to my local comp shop,they checked it out and got the same problems.They tried the graphics card in another computer,it performed ok.The memory and CPU are,likewise,considered to be OK.This leaves the motherboard but they want cica £120 to fit a good one and fiddle with the software.I'm back to my Heath Robinson lash up and I'll wait until the whole thing collapses.
The work done was on a no fix,no fee basis so didn't cost anything.Hallelujah,I'm a bum.
Old 11-08-2004, 16:39   #14
Plux
King

Don't have no more warranty?? I had mobo problems recently with an ECS motherboard and I thought I had to get a new one, since date of purchase was more than one year ago. I checked with the store witohut any expectations but then they said I had two years of warranty! I just had to send in the failing motherboard, and I got a brand new one after one week. I was so amazed, since it was a very cheap internet store and I imagined their service to be crap. But no, they're highly recommended (for the dutch, name of the store was wintelco). Maybe you should check again if you shouldn't get a new one for free.
Plux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:35   #15
Col.Tarleton

Thanks for the tip,Plux,I'll give that a whirl.