Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > Succession Games Open Forum
Home

Old 26-07-2004, 22:09   #181
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

some private stuff came in between. Playing now.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2004, 23:12   #182
ProPain

start
No pic today, cant find the old PSP cd, grrrr.
we are in good shape on f11 and surprisingly are no1 in cult by far. How very funny for an AW game. I press enter.

Lot's of troops move, we kill an ancient cav. 4 byzie knights move in.

the fair sumerians : 0
the axis of evil : 1

Turn 1 - 760ad
I found kua and start a rax.
The usual bombing and killing spree follows

sumerians : 0
the axis of evil : 7

interturn
bad rng roll in the open field.
sum : 2
evil : 8

turn 2 - 770AD
Boring turn, not much to kill. Move workers to unroaded north and west.

Sum : 2
evil : 11

interturn
sum: 2
evil : 12

turn 3 - 780ad
Again a quiet turn
sum : 2
evil : 14

interturn
we lose a pike to knight.
sum : 3
evil : 14

turn 4 - 790ad
more complicated, knights, anc. cav and units to provide cover behind them. Change Kua to walls and rush them. We get a leader, i dub the unit blackadder. We ant build an army as we're 1 city short. stash him away.

we : 3
evil :27

Bedtime, will continu tomorrow morning.

Old 27-07-2004, 07:58   #183
Banzai

Another leader! that's great!
I think we can found another city between Erech and Kissura, provided we remove the Iroquois infestation.
A Musket army sounds nice to me.. it can move into enemy territory freely, can pillage everything and scout for horses!
Hopefully we have saltpeter...

Banzai!
Old 27-07-2004, 09:20   #184
Col.Tarleton

So far ,so good.Nice one ,PP.I'll have to wait for the rest as my computer goes to the shop,today,to see if they can find what is causing my overheating problems.I told you we'd need more cities,you consult the Oracle and then don't listen.lol.
Old 27-07-2004, 10:23   #185
ProPain

continuing - interturn
lose a pike, kill an anc cav.

The glorious sumerians: 4
The foul agressors : 28

turn 5 - 800 AD
Change erech to settler. Luckily tha IA loves longbowmen, I kill a few of them. Bomb a bit, heal some troops. Not so many enemies again. It almost seems like we killed the majority of the AI forces.

The protectors of justice : 4
The plundering hordes : 33

interturn
pike kills knight, knight kills pike

The immaculate sumerians : 5
The devil worshippers : 34

turn 6 - 810 AD
Shuffle some troops. position a settler near egyptian border. Starting roading in south to create another city. Unlucky roll, lose a vet med inf when attacking a (3/4) med inf.

The Summies : 6
The foul smelling troops : 39

interturn
we lose a pike to longbowmen on the egyptian border [grrr]
we : 7
fuckers : 39

turn 7 -820AD
Capture Gayagaahe. Kill some iro knights
FOund Marad north of Agade and kill some units in Hieranconpolis.
Bomb and kill. CReate pike army in Bad-Tibira to fend of knight attack. It can later be used to pillage.

We : 7
weakling : 51

interturn
bad turn. we lose 2 pikes and a med inf, all redlining their attackers but still losing.

we : 9
bastards : 51

turn 8 -830 AD
Discover Gunpowder. We have 2 saltpetter, one near Kua (unconnected) other near richborough (connected). Take Hiercanpolis and burn it.

cowards : 59

interturn
nothing

turn 9 - 840 AD
defending army is very handy to block the path of fast units. Also enables killing more units in the open. Rush walls in Marad and Gavagaahe.

cowards : 61

interturn
very weird: Iros attack our yellow lined army. luckily our brave warriors kill both the knight and the med inf [phew]. Also one of our pike kills a knight.

Brave defenders of the homeland : 9
Foul occupiers of our colonies : 64

turn 10 - 850 AD
Found Kuara. Lose a longbowmen to a med inf. Shuffle some troops. due to the razing Hierancopolis we can safely road and mine some tiles.

The righteous : 10
The wicked : 70

End notes
* We need reinforcements in Richborough. I've already sent an extra med inf that way but a few more are no luxury
* We need one more town if we want to create another army. If we raze/capture goigouen we have the space. We can build a settler in kissura (after the courthouse) or Zabalam (after the granary)
* I think walls, rax and libs are building priorities for our new towns. The libs serve nicely to expand our borders and so provide defense.
* We need to mine tiles South of Agade.
* I've automoved a few workers to a forest tile near Erech. My idea is to chop the forest so we can finish the courthosue sooner.
Old 27-07-2004, 10:31   #186
ProPain

The Save

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Sumerians850AD.SAV
213.05KB

Final Notes
* I'm not very happy with my kill rate 1:7 is worse than I hoped for. The effect of knights is felt heavily, their extra movement makes out troops more vulnerable in the open. A horse, my kingdom for a horse.
* @col. T. I settled/captured 4 cities in 10 turns. I think the Oracle should be pleased with that No use founding/taking new cities if you cant defend them properly though, so that's why it took some time.
* We're no. 1 in all major categories on f8 & f11 except GNP. No biggie. We also lead in score, power and cult.
Old 27-07-2004, 10:36   #187
ProPain

Saltpeter update:

Own : Byzies, Egypt, Carthage
Don't own : Spain, Iroquois, France
Unknown (no knowlegde of gunpowder) : Celts

Reinforces the idea of going after Egypt and Byzantine first. They're the most dangerous (especially Egypt who owns all resources).

Found the PSP CD

170.52KB
Old 28-07-2004, 17:55   #188
Col.Tarleton

Nice set of turns,PP.I understand the formation of a pike army but a MI army would have been much better,I believe.My game plan was for 1 MI army in the north for defence and 1 MI army in the south.In 2 turns we get the Pentagon and 4 MI armies can take cities.I want to send 2 off 4 MI armies against Theodora and capture some horses.I'll still do it and hope our brave troops can hold off the ravenous hordes in the rest of our front lines.
By my reckoning we need 2 more cities for an extra army.
I never leave armies in front line cities if I can help it.The AI will attack them but not out in the open.
Will play today or tomorrow.
I got my comp back from the comp shop,this afternoon,they can't find the problem.They checked the CPU,graphics card,memory and HDD.They even repositioned one of the fans.They think maybe the mother board or some sort of programme fuck up.Hey-Ho,back to my Heath Robinson lash up,a house fan blasting air into the guts of the comp.
We're going great guns but not out of the woods,yet.
Theodora has 8603 gold in the bank and is up 3 techs.Raizing some of her cities will be very lucrative.That's what I intend to do,come hell or high water.Let's hope for another MGL.
Old 28-07-2004, 20:45   #189
ProPain

I've seen several attacks on armies in a private game. These armies were healthy but made up of obsolete units. Something we should keep in mind for our game. (I've had 11 leaders in that game and only halfway MA)

I think a defense army has it's advantages especially for pillaging and reconnaisance purposes. I agree with Banzai on that point.
Old 28-07-2004, 22:23   #190
Col.Tarleton

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

I've seen several attacks on armies in a private game. These armies were healthy but made up of obsolete units. Something we should keep in mind for our game. (I've had 11 leaders in that game and only halfway MA)

I think a defense army has it's advantages especially for pillaging and reconnaisance purposes. I agree with Banzai on that point.
In my experience there are 3 scenarios in which armies will be attacked.In a city,on another continent where the AI has no softer option and of low defensive value,i,e,a horse army.
A MI army with 4 units,which will be available in 2 turns is hardly obsolete.A pike army will be able to pillage well into the modern age but cannot attack.We need an army which is immune from attack in the field but can itself attack.A 4 unit MI army can defend in the open,pillage and take cities.Therefore,I prefer MI army.
I feel that we needed 2 MI armies for offensive/defense.The other 2 can invade Byzantium where we know that there are horses.
We can send the pikes pillaging but will leave our cities woefully short of defense.