Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 10-12-2008, 22:11   #181
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauer View Post
If you own Portis and don't play him against the Bengals this week.....Jeez, you'll be sorry.

Perhaps, but then again, if you own Portis and you played him these past two weeks you're probably sorry about that too...

If a team's star player doesn't play in 2 late season games in the 4th quarter with the game on the line, then I'd be very worried about that players' status for the next game. But perhaps the situation will be cleared up later in the week?
Old 11-12-2008, 01:29   #182
Whomp
King

I'm not sure how you clear up a torn MCL. The problem is Slaton has a tough matchup against Tennessee and Addai simply hasn't shown up. He has a great matchup this week against Detroit but wow. I'm inclined to go with the hot hand Slaton because he can catch and Forte did pretty well against them and Portis just because it's the Bungles...I guess he can just run forward. Ick...

Tommorow will tell the story though. My opponent has Brees and Forte. It's going to be cold here with winds around 15-18. Let's hope the Bears D can show something. I have lots and lots of doubts.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:04   #183
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomp View Post
I'm not sure how you clear up a torn MCL.
That clears up quite a lot for me actually, 'cause I didn't know the injury was that serious. The Redskins also have a good backup in Betts, so I don't think the Redskins will take any chances with Portis. But then again, Portis is saying he's good to go, so who knows what will happen in Washington's backfield...

I hope Brees has a strong outing at Soldier Field tonight. I'll be needing that in the CFC league semifinals. I made the playoffs because of his strong season, so if he falters now I will be very, very hard-pressed to make the final...
Old 11-12-2008, 23:20   #184
mauer
King

Here's my round 1 playoff matchup for my money league. I'll admit that it's not looking promising for me

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Playoff week 1.JPG (75.6 KB, 13 views)
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:54   #185
romeothemonk
King

Well, The play-off's have begun!! I was hoping for a little more from my 2 bears, but at least I didn't start Mr. Kardashian in my work league. Small miracles are good.
Old 12-12-2008, 15:23   #186
mauer
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeothemonk View Post
Well, The play-off's have begun!! I was hoping for a little more from my 2 bears, but at least I didn't start Mr. Kardashian in my work league. Small miracles are good.
Should I advance to the finals, I think I'm gonna gamble on Pierre vs Oakland.
Old 15-12-2008, 22:35   #187
mauer
King

Sorry Darkness Better you than me though

I have also advanced to the finals in my work league. I'm winning 85 to 70 and still have McNabb to play while he has no one. It's not fractional, and not point/reception.
Old 16-12-2008, 09:22   #188
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauer View Post
Sorry Darkness Better you than me though

I have also advanced to the finals in my work league. I'm winning 85 to 70 and still have McNabb to play while he has no one. It's not fractional, and not point/reception.
Congrats Mauer! Andre Johnson's monster game won it for you...
Old 16-12-2008, 10:22   #189
mauer
King

Also, I was wrong about Portis. If you took my advice, then many apologies.
Old 16-12-2008, 12:57   #190
romeothemonk
King

Well,
I got smoked. Matt Ryan couldn't find the End zone and the Giants let Romo go nuts. Also, the whole only one solid receiver thing kind of bit me in the butt again. Oh well.
I also got smoked in my work league, but that is ok too. This season was a lot of fun.