Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 11-01-2005, 20:42   #171
romeothemonk
King

I apologize if my humor is offensive.
It is a brand of Northern Plains humor that even infuriates other Americans. (BTW I am not a GWB supporter, I just picked the Avatar as it seems to annoy many others.)
I live in pretty much an arid(6monthes)/arctic(4monthes) wasteland, read a lot, and try to make jokes out of many things. My references are very obscure for the most part, and some material torques others too much.
I saw that you were getting annoyed with the constant nukings. Using an American football trick of pissing off the other side by getting into their head so they don't think straight, I am focussing efforts in that direction. If this is not in the spirit of fair play, I will go to a much more dry form of battle reports.
The sub was sunk with heavy bombers.
The gnashing teeth comment was to note that you shouldn't become too angry, I only nuked you once.
Humor is by nature petty, that is what makes it funny.
Old 11-01-2005, 21:41   #172
Arghis

The problem is not that you play fair or not (by the way, it's rather interesting playing against you); the problem is that it is not playable !!! how do you want me defending something when you nuke --> everything <-- on your path.

Also, i'm too very fond of humor, the more when it is subtle, but here i can't see, even when looking at my own mistakes, nothing to laught at. I'm paying a serious time to planning this or that tactic with a pitiful tool, for what, ... boom ! boom !

And about your avatar, frankly, you know, yes it's annoying, and rather somewhat displaced here, but at the end, that is your image who suffer the most, not the image of others.

Well, let's finish this game.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:00   #173
Justus II

Vowing revenge for the loss of Hanoi after the hard-fought battle, the Commonwealth was determined to expand our perimeter.

First, to shape the battlefield, naval bombardment took out the radar tower near Hong Kong, and air wings hit the one W of Hanoi.

Kiungchow
After a pounding barrage of naval gunfire redlined the 3 infantry defenders, a transport-load of Marines stormed ashore. The first two killed their foes, then the third, AND fourth, marines died trying to root out the final stubborn defender. More bombardment redlined him again, and another wave of marines finished him.

Hanoi
Time for the RAF to get in the act. After several misses, destroying the market and killing off two citizens, they finally redlined the infantry and tank. This time, two marines was enough, and the city was retaken without loss. An ANZAC killed a conscript outside of town.

Tanks and artillery flowed into the town, and began pounding the Japanese forces on the hills to the NW. Once they were cowering in their fortifications, the tanks rolled. The first two medium tanks killed infantry, but the third was destroyed by a defending light tank. Now, it was time for the Armies to move, and after my Light Tank Army destroyed another infantry, our Medium Tank Army moved in and killed the light tank. 5 more regiments of artillery were captured, and immediately turned on a nearby tank, named The First Light Tank. Three POWs were also captured. Several road connections were also bombarded.

The result of all of these attacks was a definite shift in momentum, as for the first time, the Allies have the VP lead, 38,865 to 38,815.
Justus II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:06   #174
Rcoutme

The Royal Dutch Marines have bested their best. They assaulted the city of Rangoon and took it without significant casualties (one Reg. Marine lost 2 hp, the other was promoted to Veteran). The battle started with fierce naval bombardment by the DeRuyter and Java, then the DD Van Gogh added in its firepower...this redlined the defenders in the city and the conscript on the hills. The Royal Dutch Marines did the rest.

VP: Japan--still 38815 Allies--39580

As for the scenario being unbalanced in favor of the allies...I will play this exact same scenario as the Japanese and kick your #$$. So...if you want to forego the TOS scenario...I would love to show you what the Japanese can do in this scenario.
Rcoutme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 16:22   #175
Arghis

US

- Near Nagasaki

DD damaged by kamikaze & sunk by Sub

Nagasaki

Bomb damaged by naval artillery & destroyed by F-B
By the way, how this a-bomb has came here without exploding is to me a complete mystery ...

- Iwo jima

Barracks destroyed
Fighter damaged by F-B

Commonwealth

- Near Truk

Sub sunk by DD

---------

@Rcoutme : if you want to initiate a scenario where you'll be playing the japs, i can be interested. When we're finish with this one, and before me launching another one, i'll test TOS before playing a game as the Jap, because it's better having a bit more experience when playing against apparently experienced players.
Old 13-01-2005, 17:09   #176
romeothemonk
King

The important news. Japan blew up my nuke on the ground. I rebased him to Nagasaki, and he got whacked.
So Arghis did not get nuked this turn.
Instead the U.S. spotted 3 subs and sank all of them with combined naval aircraft and artillary. They were all on the Saipan supply line.
The looting of Nagasaki continued. If Arghis retakes it, he will get a city with an aquaduct and a hospital, and those only because I can't sell them off.
This is my first attempt at the WW2 PBEM.
And for lurkers the important stuff.
VP
Allies 40,435
Japan 39135
And I attached a power graph. You can guess where nukes came in.

59.55KB
Old 16-01-2005, 05:44   #177
Justus II

After recon flights revealed a number of cities had been left undefended by the retreating Japanese, the Commonwealth high command vowed to strike as far and as fast as they could to take advantage of the situation.

Kumi
The island appeared abandoned, except for a Kamakazi plane mysteriously hovering on the hill next to the city. After 2 F/Bs and a destroyer weakened the plane, Marines stormed ashore to destroy it on the ground. Another marine moved into the empty city.

Okinawa
Another abandoned base, a marine landed to secure the city.

Foochow
After a F/B redlined the lone defender, a marine moved in to kill the conscript and take the city.

Canton
Intel sources confirmed that there was only one defender. Two F/Bs flew strikes before the conscript was redlined, then a Medium Tank moved in to take the city.

SW of Nanning
The Japs had a heavily fortified strong point here. After a devastating artillery barrage (mostly captured Jap and Chinese arty), and a few bomber sorties, the defenders were all weakened. The Medium Tank army then killed the MG battalion, infantry, and Flak, to take the fortifications and capture two more arty. They were used to weaken a nearby infantry. This also cleared the way for an audacious strike…

One of our own redlined light tanks was pressed into emergency service, capturing a worker SW of Kunming. This removed the final obstacle for our Light Tank army to cross the hills, over the grassland, and roll unopposed into Kunming!

Further bombing also destroyed the marketplace at Nanking, and weakened a few infantry outposts.

VP Total is now 44,440 (Allied) to 39,135 (Japan).
Justus II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2005, 09:21   #178
yndy
Prince

Seems like we'll only have two more turns. But where is the Japanese last desperate counter-attack? You know Arghis, it's better to die fighting than to suffer defeat.
Old 16-01-2005, 13:18   #179
Rcoutme

The Royal Dutch Air Force bombed some cities (which were undefended) and some Nipponese Infantry on a mountain. No other actions to report.
Rcoutme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2005, 16:00   #180
Arghis

US

Nagasaki

Marines damaged by naval artillery & F-B
Marines killed by marines

Nagasaki captured

Commonwealth

Kunming

Jap tanks killed by army
Army killed by tanks