Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 06-01-2005, 21:17   #141
ciuly

That's different. The match report shows only who was the best and the worst player from the stars point of view (and can do it better than us, cause it knows the exact rating number of each player). Has nothing to do with what the player did on the field - scored 10 times in your example.
ciuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 21:19   #142
Shabbaman
Administrator

Keep it on topic guys.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:33   #143
English_brit

Thanks for the group rundown Meli. Was an interesting read.

I'm a bit worried as my TS is a bit shot going in to the final game of the group. It's a 3 horse race to see who goes through in group A. At least Shabba and Yellow Boots are playing each other so at least one will lose points. All I can do is hope I can manage a win against Chimica. It'll be hard though.

Looks like Swingstars is qualifying from Group B barring an unlikely trouncing.

With FC Suca and Dynamo Morpork playing each other in Group C it should be interesting to see which group makes the runner up qualifier. Looks like it's either A or C. I just hope I can scrape through in to the playoffs.

Good luck all.
English_brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:14   #144
Melifluous
Administrator

And now after a quick read through of Yndys fantastic setup I understand how the next two rounds will be played.

After only 3 matches of the final round played there is much that can be said for the Winners Pool.

This will be the winner of each group, plus the best 2nd place team.

So..

[u]Group A.</u>
Toffee's win the group (unless Shabba inflicts a 10-0 win on Boots)

[u]Group B.</u>
Swingstars win the group if they dont lose.
If they lose by 7 goals or more PP overtake them as leaders or if Aristocats beat Melis by a margin and Swingstars lose by a reasonable amount them Aristocats win.

[u]Group C.</u>
FC Suca have won it. Its that simple.

[u]Final place is best runner up.</u>
This will be from Group A depending on who wins the match between Boots and Shabba. Could mathematically be any of the top three, but lets just say whoever wins this match goes through with Toffee's. In the case of a draw Shabba advance.

Simple huh?

Melifluous

It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:55   #145
socralynnek

Arrrgh...
not enough that I'm the only one without getting any point in the group phase...
Those very brutal Chemists have injured three of my players!!!
Anyway, maybe I'll win a game when I can field my A-Team.
Old 12-01-2005, 13:06   #146
English_brit

Yep.

I'm just glad I got through my group. Anything now is a bonus.
English_brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 14:58   #147
Melifluous
Administrator

For anyone thats interested the Elsaak vs FC De Snaken match is just about to kick off!!

MatchID = 31229082

Can Elsaak beat FC De Snaken and claim 4th place in Group A for themselves?
Or will Snaken humiliate them and possibly try and grab third from Boots?

Melifluous
Old 12-01-2005, 15:00   #148
Melifluous
Administrator

Also if anyones interested I will probably (given enough interest) be doing real time coverage of the last 5 matches of the Groups from 4.30pm (GMT) this afternoon...

Melifluous
Old 12-01-2005, 15:03   #149
Kemal

Go Snaken, Go Snaken!

In we trust, 3rd place is where Snaken belong!
Old 12-01-2005, 15:21   #150
Melifluous
Administrator

Elsaak FC vs FC De Snaken - LIVE REPORT!

[u]Elsaak FC - FC De Snaken</u>
The crowd of 302 turning up at Rényoné today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain. Elsaak started off with a 4-5-1 lineup. Lineup: Mau Suong - Ling-yu, Abdallah, Ben Abdallah, Aquaron - Sudsiri, Borgblad, Robuchon, Ali, Chrisafidis - Acens.

Snaken tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Milek - Öztürk, Turbiarz, Flores D'Arcais - Ruijg, Kajak, Lucado, Fjällander, Irvine - Böőr, Sánchez.

GOAL!
In the 16:th minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Krisztián Böőr put the ball away for 0 - 1.

GOAL!
In the 24:th minute the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 2 as Joakim Fjällander finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. By now Snaken were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead.

Florian Lucado came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Phu Mau Suong , hitting the bar. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Snaken´s Krisztián Bö#337;r got himself booked.

Elsaak seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and were down to the inadequate level of organisation. Florian Lucado could have put his team up another one in the 36:th minute, after a rush down the left, but his closing shot hit the post. Florian Lucado behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 36:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal.

HalfTime
Halftime score was 0 - 2. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

Shots on Goal
Elsaak 1.
FC De Snaken 4.

Cautions.
Elsaak 0.
FC De Snaken 1.

And so we're back again for the second half.

The Elsaak players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization and regained a solid organisation.
56 Minutes. Slow start to the second half, Elsaak seem to have calmed considerably after the break. Dionisio Labruna looks far from calm though and once more is restrained by the fourth official.

Well this wouldnt have pleased the away coach at all, but the local fans are going mad!

GOAL!
63 Minutes: Elsaak reduced the score in the 63rd minute to 1 - 2 when Raymond Acens got the best of a ball floated in from the left.

Obviously scoring goals wasn't all that was talked about in the Elsaak dressing room at half time. In the games 69:th minute Elsaak´s Banhan Sudsiri fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Banhan Sudsiri for taking a dive. In the 71st minute Elsaak's Jean-Claude Robuchon went down in a suspected penalty situation after a challenge from the visitors right guard, but the referee, having a good line of sight, signalled to keep on playing.

Elsaak appeared unsure on how to play and their organisation was only passable. In the games 77:th minute Carlos Sánchez nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, his shot passed just over the bar.

After the ball got lifted in from the left Laurenty Kajak was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 84 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration.

Elsaak had difficulty finding their positions and their organisation was down to weak.

Snaken held the ball, with a clear 56 percent possession rate.

Most important Elsaak player was Hans Borgblad. Ma Ling-yu on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Snaken player was Stanislaw Milek. Berke Can Öztürk was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 2.

And its all over here at the Rényoné stadium in France. We hope you've enjoyed the coverage of the game and would like to remind you that in 45 minutes time in Post number 36 you can catch coverage of the last five games of this group stage.

See you there!

Melifluous