Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 28-12-2005, 15:44   #131
Mistfit
King

Quote:
quote: I think it might be wise to aim for some 18 year old excellent on the market to replace them. If you buy 2 with not so great stamina, you should be able to get them for 100-150K each, because you really need trainees to be popping levels that increase their value with at least 300K per pop, and for playmaking this starts at about formidable. If you'd then train stamina this and next week, you should have 2 near excellent, and 4 excellent stamina PM-trainees available, ranging between excellent and formidable in level.
So do you mean Buy 17 yr olds that will be 18 yrs old in a couple of weeks or 18-19 yr old?

I just did a quick scan on transfer lists and excellent PM 17 yr olds are going for around 250K US$
Old 28-12-2005, 16:05   #132
Shabbaman
Administrator

This is the page I referred to previously: transfer price evaluation (at hattrix files).

If you take a look at it you see that (for instance) you get almost twice the revenue for training an excellent PM to a formidable PM then from solid to excellent PM. Of course younger players pop faster, but you have to consider if you can get the extra investment out of it.

As for midfielders, secondary skills are quite important. Buyers are looking for something "extra", so look for at least 1 good secondary skill (either passing, defending or perhaps wing).
Old 28-12-2005, 16:21   #133
Mistfit
King

Call me a dork but I can't make heads or tails of that graph.

Is the average transer price in Thousands? What currency?
Old 28-12-2005, 16:36   #134
Mistfit
King

Quote:
quote:As for midfielders, secondary skills are quite important. Buyers are looking for something "extra", so look for at least 1 good secondary skill (either passing, defending or perhaps wing).
What is "good" for a secondary? If I find a IM with excellent PM what should his wing/passing/def be? Inad+ ?

Is it worth buying a player that has a one decent secondary but the other 2 are wretched?
Old 28-12-2005, 16:49   #135
Kemal

I mean buying two 18 year old going 19 year old, since as you say, 17 year olds going 18 year old are too expensive atm. This is not optimal, but Williamson and especially Fontao are costing you money atm.

Btw, indeed people are looking for something extra, however, for PMs I think it might be a little different. Everyone agrees that midfield rules in hattrick, so you see lots of small but growing teams aiming to get an as best midfield as possible, preferring an extra level of PM above some extra passing/defending for the same money. PM trainees with passing or defending inadequate+ sell for more, but also cost a sizeable amount of extra money to buy in the first place.
Therefore, I'd look for players with weak in either passing or defending, just too little to be worth extra money, but as far as effect on ratings go still having some influence.

I'd stay away of wing alltogether, any player with some wing that has excellent PM will be worth too much to use as PM trainee, since winger trainers will be after those players as well.

Old 28-12-2005, 17:14   #136
socralynnek

As a PM trainer, I have only two wingers in my team and two PM trainees with a little wing.
I play with a WTM in all of my league games and that makes midfield much stronger.
And with that, I had the best midfield of my league by far.
Old 28-12-2005, 18:23   #137
Mistfit
King

heh... I've got 6.5 hours to find 2 PM trainees off to the market
Old 28-12-2005, 18:26   #138
Kemal

If you train stamina, they don't necessarily have to play the league game to train. If you continue with PM, good luck, the market should be easy though these days, I guess.
Old 28-12-2005, 20:57   #139
Mistfit
King

So even if he is not on the team when the CDZ cup match is played he will get training if I buy him before the training update?

I found one guy BTW 129K
Not crazy about the very low passing but inad defending and head speciality were nice

61.22KB
Old 28-12-2005, 21:11   #140
Kemal

Yes, but this only goes for stamina (and set pieces) training. Looks like an okay buy btw, though he will likely need more than just the 2 off season weaks of stamina training. Then again, 129K for an excellent/inadequate seems quite good, especially with head and solid leadership (which, if you keep him for the first team, could someday make him a nice future coach prospect).