Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 16-07-2005, 22:14   #131
Schip

give it time. the GMs are swamped with work. you'll get a team soon.
Schip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2005, 23:00   #132
bed_head7

I wasn't so much asking out of impatience as curiosity. It seemed strange that a few days ago there was no one, and now there are twenty five. I don't really know yet how it all works.
bed_head7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2005, 23:07   #133
Mistfit
King

Same thing happened to me when I signed up. Plan on 4 days. Do not pay attention to the who's ahead of you as it seems to me to not make sense.

BTW Welcome to the Hattrick Ranks!
Old 18-07-2005, 18:06   #134
Mistfit
King

Ok here's the situation:

I'm currently in 2nd place in my league. I'd like to be able to play in the qualifier for promotion if possible. I now have some questions for how to best play out the season.

1.) Regarding Formation: Last week I played a team that I was reasonable certain I was going to beat. On the recomendation of my BDF Mentor I played in a 4-5-1 formation to get some experiance with it. I'm now passable at that formation. My question is what are the benefits to playing 4-5-1 -vs- 3-5-2 ? I presume that these 2 formations are the ones I should be sticking with seeing that I am training PM.

2.) In what instance would I be better off playing one to another? Against a certain formation?

3.) Do I get the benefit of training a new formation on friendlies?

4.) My star rating for my league team playing 3-5-2 is 28.7. 4-5-1 my star rating is 26.8 (according to HO!) Am I always better playing the higher star rating?

5.) HO! Users: When I have HO! do a line up for me if I do not check any of the boxes on the lower right hand side (Best Position First or Regard to form) I can get a much higher star rating. Which way should I be setting my line-up?

That's it for now Thanks in advance for your help!

GO MARAUDERS!!
Old 18-07-2005, 19:51   #135
Dell19
King

1.) 4-5-1 is a more defensive formation which is useful for playing teams that are better than you but don't necessarily have a great attack so that you push them close in midfield and then block their chances. Attack ratings can be vaguely maintained by playing wingers offensively and a midfielder. 3-4-3, 4-4-2 and 5-5-0 would also work if necessary.

2.) Generally 4-5-1 is better against better teams so you might use it with CA if you have decent defenders or pressing just to limit the score.

3.) You just gain experience in that formation.

4.) Stars are evil so it doesn't really matter which one is higher especially if you are changing your tactics to exploit a weakness in the opposition.

5.) Management Assistant programs should only really be used as a guide. Generally if you continue to move players around you will find that there is probably room for a bit of improvement.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 20:23   #136
Mistfit
King

Quote:
quote:2.) Generally 4-5-1 is better against better teams so you might use it with CA if you have decent defenders or pressing just to limit the score.
What is CA?
Old 18-07-2005, 20:45   #137
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

CA=Counter attack.
Old 18-07-2005, 20:45   #138
Kingreno

It is Counter Attack. Like Attack in the middle, Pressing and Attack on Wings it is a way to play, a tactic. It can be selected from the line up screen.
I play CA almost 50% of the time and 4-5-1 is in general NOT the way to go there. When you play CA you get a chance for every chance your opponent creates. This in turn means the more chances your opponent gets, the more you get as well. Logicly the level of your CA is very important.
Good line-ups are 5-3-2 (with two wingers or at least 1 winger and all Inner Mids either offensive or Defensive), 4-3-3 (Lower CA rating, but good for scoring trainers) and 4-4-2 (played with 2 wingers, good for the Occasional CA player without experience in 5-3-2 or 4-3-3).
You need: Good defenders, and even more important, good passing with your defenders. If you cannot get 5 decent defenders do not play CA, it can utterly backfire, as your opponent will get more chances then usual!!
4-5-1. why? it is an ok-line-up for defending trainers as it still tries to dominate the midfield while only sacrificing one training spot. It is also good when you have very strong wingers (or see you chances there). It also rocks at pressing, but very specific skills are needed for that, and I lack experience there). Hope this helps.
Old 18-07-2005, 23:04   #139
Schip

regarding point 5, do be carefull with assistant programmes until you develop a certain feel for the game, your players and the settings of the programme.

I think (but am not sure) that checking the 'regard form' box is the better option because it is possible that a player with less qualities and excellent form does more for your time than your topplayer in wretched form. If you don't check the box it just looks at skills which does not say everything. Generally I'ld say: play your own game, count your vics & learn from your mistakes.

(like training a youthpull for 6 weeks hoping it pops *shy*)
Schip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2005, 02:26   #140
Mistfit
King

Thanks Guys I appreciate your help!

@ Schip ~ I use HO! as a reference tool to check ehat I'm doing. So far it has never completely agreed with my line-ups but it's close. I always go with my gut feeling.