Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Opponent finding forum > Opponent finding forum
Home

Old 11-07-2004, 11:01   #131
Arghis

hi all

forum was down late evening ? well at least for me it was not working.

Anyway, aggi, i send you my password now (keep it, because iff i ever forgot it, well, ... :-)

Also, as i've already mentionned a few post ago, i'm leaving this evening for holidays in my family (and wedding, ...). So you'll have to give my place to the replacment player you want, until my return (end of july).
I'll have Internet access, so i'll can keep in touch with you, and the said player. Also, the beginning of the game being what we know, i do not worry much.
Old 11-07-2004, 14:14   #132
Aggie
Emperor

Still waiting for 3 passwords...

EDIT: I need that last password to start the game. You know who you are, you also have to play the save of our pbem

Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 23:03   #133
Socrates
Emperor

Mmmh, not much discussion about rules or how we will play lately... Since Arghis will be off for a few weeks, we need a replacement player now for him. Of course replacement players should be allowed to replace only ONE player (one civ) in this game. Anyone up for it ?
Old 12-07-2004, 09:37   #134
Aggie
Emperor

I would almost volunteer to play the first turns for Arghis, but somehow that would be strange, knowing the map and all.

OTOH: It is probably only 10 turns and in those turns I can hardly profit from this knowledge. Obviously it would be better if someone else would take over from Arghis.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:21   #135
Banzai

Aggie,
I have no problems if you replace Arghis for 10 turns if you are capable of playing as if you do not know the map.

Old 12-07-2004, 11:08   #136
Socrates
Emperor

Of course it won't be that bad if Aggie plays those turns, but all in all, Arghis will probably need a replacement player in the future, and so we'd better start to search for real replacement players. So it would be better if another guy could play those turns and the ones Arghis won't be able to play in the future. Another simple solution is to wait for Arghis to come back ; I can wait that much in any case, though I'd like to start asap of course. The length of the game doesn't put me in a "let's play now now now" mode.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:14   #137
Aggie
Emperor

I have all the passwords now and I am ready to create the save. That said, the outcome of the SoZ poll is vague...
Old 12-07-2004, 21:23   #138
Socrates
Emperor

About rules... We have the ISDG set for a basic reference. Some disagree about certain rules, some don't... I think many players don't feel the need to have a strict set of rules, since we're all humans and there is no AI. I think it will be difficult to come to a point where everyone agrees. I suggest we all got the habit of playing like gentlemen, didn't abuse the game mechanisms (sorry Kemal, but the palace jump is rather abusing the game for me). Why not having Aggie (the godfather of this game) as a special referee in any case of disagreement ? I think that's the best way of doing. Chaining ships really aren't my cup of tea, and I think this one is important as it might play a big role in the game.

OK, what a messy post. Please tell me if you agree with that.

EDIT : Sorry Aggie, I quickly edited my post. While we're at it, every player is welcome to choose a replacement player. You may not need one now, but when you need one, you'll have to find someone who won't have read any spoiler yet, and I bet it will be hard to find. Of course any CDZ member who appears to have read even one spoiler is strongly NOT recommanded to replace any player ever in this game, unless he has only read this player's spoiler.
Who wants to be my replacement ? Don't fight people, please do it in a civilized manner !
Old 12-07-2004, 21:24   #139
Aggie
Emperor

I already have the passwords. Only thing stopping me from making the save is the question: Zeus or not?
Old 12-07-2004, 21:56   #140
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

On Zeus and KT:
4 say No
3 say Yes, no mods
1 sais Yes, equal chances for all players

Simple, take the option most people are happy with imo.