Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 07-09-2006, 16:03   #121
Tubby Rower

I would hire some so that you have at least 5. Any more than that I think that it doesn't help as much. Something that you didn't include in your calculation is the fact that other trainee that will pop to excellent in 2 less weeks. Basically getting 4 or more off of the total time to get to formidable.

Boy am I glad that I got a solid trainer. The debt load is finally gone, but I can count on 5 weeks between pops with 5 GK coaches. Remember krys, debt isn't too bad. and when you get those guys to pop to excellent. It might be worth it to find a 17 yo (it'll be week 10 or 12 by then so they should be reasonable) solid and train him for a couple levels.

Also, formidable keepers and outstanding keepers have dropped their price recently. But excellents haven't. So either everyone is dumping dead weight or prices will be coming down.
Old 07-09-2006, 16:26   #122
Socrates
Emperor

Hmmm... Having 5 GK coaches will still get me 1 week off for excellent, could be a good compromise. You're right that the choice isn't only between 3 and 9 GK coaches, because the game engine runs decimals, and so 8 coaches is almost as good as 9 but much less expensive (even though it seems that with 8, I don't pop to excellent in 7 weeks, but up to formidable ?...).

As for the other trainee, I'd like to keep him as long as I'm training GKs. So I'll have to buy me another 2nd trainee when I sell my current 2nd trainee. Could be on Week 11 then, if I sell him excellent. That'd be around 300k (which is about the price of the YS over a season), do you think I'd get a solid 17 yo trainee with that ? What's the current price for such a guy ?

This is if I don't have luck in the YS game of course. But anyway, I traded a solid coach for the YS, knowing this would be a heavier investment... I think I shouldn't hope for being #1 in my Division then, but I'll try to do my best on the tactical level.
Old 07-09-2006, 16:30   #123
Tubby Rower

well the price right now for a 17yo solid will be high. But at the end of the season they should start coming down to what a 18yo solid is now. And the idea of keeping a GK for the duration isn't an idea that I would hold on to too tightly. Unless you are doing a "training for keeps" program. Even then I would sell him soon and get a younger player of almost equivalent skill since he'll train quicker. After 20yo, training becomes insanely inefficient
Old 07-09-2006, 18:40   #124
Socrates
Emperor

Yes, you are right that after 20 yo, training is rather inefficient. Maybe I could sell him on the 2nd wave ? Ie. first sell my B keeper, buy a new B keeper (a 17 yo solid), and then sell both keepers (the B one at formidable, the A one at... something above). This way I combine sales and results, since the price increase per level is roughly the same for a few levels above formidable (no real incentive to buy a young GK, except for the age, but up to 20-21 yo, it should work out OK).

Thanks Tubby, I'm gonna hire an additional 2 GK coaches now, and aim at formidable for the 1st sale.
Old 16-09-2006, 23:46   #125
Socrates
Emperor

OK, I have more questions. First, the facts :
- I lost 1 week of training, since I wasn't unable to correctly field my friendly last Wednesday. I still had my other GK fielded last Saturday, but I want to sell the "Wednesday" one (he's a bit worse in personal qualities). Anyway, this would have been a waste of GK training, so I trained stamina again ! My general stamina is at an all time high, but my general form is severely dropping.
- I've just reached solid level for my youth squad, as expected !! 17 weeks to go before excellent level, which brings me to... Season 31, Day 6. (red-bolded for future reference)
- I'm about to reach zero in my finances. Depends if Kingreno brings enough money next Wednesday, in which case it might be delayed for another 1 or 2 weeks.

Now to the corresponding questions :
- My SP-guy is at disastrous form. Should I field him on Saturdays, so as to aim at best scorer of the division ? I'm playing against 2 weak teams next, and then the same 2 teams afterwards (mirror fixture).
- What should I promote each week : a GK or an outfield player ? I'm training GK, I badly need money, but my players also suck (but it's not important until next season now).
- Should I try to sell some players which aren't mono-caracteristic, so as to buy some cheaper, mono-carac players, earning me a bit of cash ?
Old 17-09-2006, 00:13   #126
bed_head7

Disastrous form will mean he essentially does nothing at all as far as his normal abilities. I have heard differing accounts on whether form has any impact set piece ability, so it is tough to answer for sure. But if you can win without a problem while still having your SP guy in disastrous form, you might as well go for it and hope to get lucky. He certainly cannot score if not on the pitch, and it is fun to win the award at the end of the season. But if you are in danger of losing, and playing a better player in place of the SP guy might help, I would recommend to sit the SP guy in leauge until his form improves from playing in friendlies.

I would promote a GK still. You might get yourself a decent trainee. Also, the market for GKs is somewhat more stable, it seems. Rather, you will not make a fortune off of a keeper ever, but you also seem to have a better shot at getting something that is sellable.

What sort of players are you talking about? It is tough to answer this question without any specifics.
bed_head7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 03:27   #127
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bed_head7

I would promote a GK still. You might get yourself a decent trainee. Also, the market for GKs is somewhat more stable, it seems. Rather, you will not make a fortune off of a keeper ever, but you also seem to have a better shot at getting something that is sellable.
If I get a decent GK trainee, do you think I should keep it for my training and thus sell one of my 2 current GKs for quick money, or were you thinking of a sellable trainee (to make quick money too, but less (because the other one is better)) ? I'm asking because Tubby told me that formidable level is the important threshold as far as weekly profit is concerned, and I'm still 1 whole season before that.

Quote:
quote:What sort of players are you talking about? It is tough to answer this question without any specifics.
Talking about stuff (!) which has inadequate/passable in, say, defending and scoring. That kind of stuff. Or inadequate/passable defending and playmaking when I know the guy will only play in defense.
Old 17-09-2006, 05:01   #128
bed_head7

Well, Tubby is correct about training to formidable and beyond being where the best weekly profit levels lie. But if you are still in debt or in danger of going in to debt and you won't have anyone else to sell for awhile, selling your 2nd trainee at excellent is not a bad idea. I was not sure exactly where your feelings lie, but if you pull a keeper, it seems like you are more likely to get a player that you can put on the market right away and at least get a bit of cash for. And, if you did need cash in the near future, you might pull a good player for you to train yourself, once you have sold your backup trainee.

I would probably hold on to the guys you have now. It is nice to have a guy who can play two positions at your stage, as injuries can be a problem (as I know you know) and you can always sub a guy with passable defending and playmaking in as a defensive PM if one of your regular IMs goes down. The money you'll get for a guy like that, minus transfer fees, won't be too much more than a guy with just one skill.
bed_head7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 23:26   #129
Socrates
Emperor

Not sure if I did the right thing : my 2nd keeper (just popped to solid, weak form, 19 yo, 2800 TSI) has just been sold at 86,000 €, which netted me with 76,609 €. Only. I put him on the market at zero though, not sure if it was the right decision too...

Since I bought him at 33,000 €, and kept him for about 64 days (ie. 9 weeks), I earned about 4845.44 € per week training him. There were 3 weeks of stamina training there, so that means in fact that each training week earned me about 7268.17 €. Is that a good figure ?

So now I'm left with a bit of money, and won't go into debt before some time (if I have luck with the YS, I might never get into debt !). What should I do ? Would it be good to get to 9 GK coaches, so that my 1st keeper (19 yo, very low solid) gets faster to formidable, and so that my 2nd keeper (17 yo, low inadequate) blitzes through those low levels (passable, solid...) ? What could I do else, apart from keeping money to stay out of debt ? I think I need to make some investment...
Old 22-09-2006, 00:23   #130
sz_matyas

I would advise against going to 9GK coaches, seeing as this will add several thousand a week and you are not making that much in training per week anyway. As far as investment, the 17 yr old should just be a placeholder trainee for you until you are ready to buy a better one. A reasonable idea might be to search the wire for a new player, so that they have part of the training already done. I personally look for 18yr old solids, as they can still train easily at 19, but are reasonably priced at ~$110,000.
This would require going into debt, so maybe look for some mid-passable 17/18 yr olds that you can train a couple levels and sell at a profit to buy good trainees. (Or you can take the route I did and be ~$150K in debt early, but I should have ~$1M in assets to spend by the end of the season)
High level training you probably want $60K/week, low level (you/me now) try for $20-$30K (passable to excellent training range), beginer that wasn't a very good figure, but it was acceptable, just keep trying to make more.