Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > Succession Games Open Forum
Home

Old 15-04-2004, 12:20   #121
Matrix
Administrator

Fuck! Verdorie! Faen! Guit! Zut! Scheisse!
When I upgraded to v1.22 all the old savegames suddenly don't work anymore. This one neither.

Perhaps I do need a duel install.
Old 15-04-2004, 12:31   #122
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix
Perhaps I do need a duel install.
That'd be nice
Old 15-04-2004, 21:39   #123
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Please do not upgrade to 1.22! a game played in 1.22 cant be reverted!
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 22:37   #124
Matrix
Administrator

Too late. [] But I reinstalled Conquests and zipped all the changed files of 1.15 and 1.22, so I can switch relatively easily, without having it cost another 500MB.

Anyway, got a problem now! Osaka flipped to Japan. It's in the middle of former Japan and has three silks within it's border. We still have one source of silks (next to Nanking). So I don't think we should take it. We do want to get Scandinavia asap, before they have pikes everywhere. Birka and Bergen do not have pikemen yet! My troops are almost ready to attack.
Old 16-04-2004, 12:10   #125
Matrix
Administrator

290 BC (0)
- Nanking set to Forbidden Palace in 33 turns.
- Changed a lot of productions to barracks or spearmen. Cities defended by swordmen and horsemen is a shame; we need them for offence.
- Tokyo is building temple.
- Nagoya & Nara, the cities next to America, are building walls.

Interturn
- Resistances in Tokyo & Satsuma ended!

270 BC (1)
- The plan is to get Bergen (gems), Hareid (nasty located) and Birka (iron) a.s.a.p., right? So I'm moving all my offencive units south.
- Hm, other units are automated. Doesn't matter though.

250 BC (2) & 230 BC (3)
- Nothing special.

210 BC (4)
- The first horsemen reach Chinan (between Hareid & Birka). Am I going to attack Birka with horsemen? Not if he has at least one pikeman. I send a horseman already there to check it (entering Viking territory) and see a spearman.
- I hurry barracks in Chinan, so that all horses are healed in two turns.
- One of the two galleys in the west is entering the ocean, the other one will go from between Copenhagen and Oslo.
- Also hurry temple in Anyang (near Bergen).

Interturn
- Osaka flips to Japan! We loose three of the four silks we had by this. But I need all my troops for Scandinavia, so Japan will have to come later.
- The galley in the west sinks.

190 BC (5)
- I continue moving my troops due south.

Interturn
- Ragnar demand withdrawal. But I only have a galley in their territory (near Copenhagen)! I accept of course.

170 BC (6)
- I hurry spearman in Kaifeng (west of Hareid), releasing the swordman defending it.

Interturn
- Japan moves three spearman one square west of Birka northwards.
- Chengdu in disorder.

150 BC (7)
The battle plan

Bergen will have to come later; yet too far away for my swordmen.

130 BC (8)
- Suicide galley goes off shore.

Interturn
- Galley sinks.

110 BC (9)
7 horsemen parked next to Birka.
8 swordmen parked next to Hareid. (Isn't that a bit too much?)

Interturn
Ragnar demands retreat, I refuse, we are at war. He moves some units, but doesn't attack me anywhere.

90 BC (10)

[u]Birka</u>
Eli horseman loses 2 HP, reg spearman .
Vet horseman , reg spearman loses 0 HP.
Vet horseman , reg spearman loses 2 HP and promotes.
Hey, medieval infantry!
Vet horseman loses 1 HP, reg med.inf. .
Vet horseman retreats, 2 HP vet spearman loses 0 HP.
Vet horseman retreats, 2 HP vet spearman loses 0 HP.
Vet horseman loses [u]3</u> HP, 2 HP vet spearman .
Birka is ours!
That was close!

[u]Hareid</u>
Should be easier.
Vet swordman loses 2 HP and promotes, reg spearman . (Archer did not damage swordman.)
Reg swordman loses 1 HP and promotes, reg spearman .
Eli swordman loses 2 HP, reg spearman .
Reg swordman loses 2 HP and promotes, reg spearman .
And another spear showing up!
Reg swordman , reg spearman loses 0 HP.
Reg swordman , reg spearman loses 1 HP and promotes.
Reg swordman loses 2 HP, 3 HP vet spearman .
Reg swordman loses 1 HP, reg archer .
Hareid is ours!
I needed every single unit in both battles!

The current situation

Anyway, so now we're at war with the Vikings, and it's up to Beam to...sort the rest out. Bergen should be doable. I also planned on buying Feudalism from the Japanese, but they won't sell it to me yet. Perhaps when we have more money? But we might have to wait till we have republic.

Anyway, on to Beam.

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] SG90BC.sav
180.67KB
Old 16-04-2004, 13:19   #126
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Interesting point to start the weekend with in a couple of hours

Stats:
Birka: 2 vs 3
Hareid: 2 vs 6

The stats are not that bad, the sheer number of Viking units is more of a concern.
Old 16-04-2004, 14:46   #127
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Extremely good turn Matrix! Good job on the Viking attack.

Just one remark (same old one []): why are we building so many spears and no horsemen? We need a few defense units to defend our U.S border and some cheap units (thuse spear) for MP and that's it. We need offensive units to replace our losses and take out Ragnar asap. Preferably horsemen as they have a longer lifespan (due to their retreat capacity ) and upgrade to Riders. We'll be extrmely powerfull when we can upgrade our horses to riders.

Also we'll appear more powerfull to the AI as an offensive point count for 150% a defensive point.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2004, 17:09   #128
Matrix
Administrator

I agree we're building too much spearmen now. But it was necessary, because a lot of cities were defended by horsemen and swordmen. When you build spearmen you can release the defending horse- and swordmen. That was my only point. But now almost all cities have got spearmen, so Beam can change it.
Old 16-04-2004, 18:18   #129
Beam
c00l b33r

90BC (0):
Rush a horse in Kyoto, Satsuma Temple &gt; Harbor, rush a galley in Tatung, Anyang barracks &gt; harbor. Matrix nicely stripped the Vikes of their iron

IT:
Warrior kills a horse in Birka . Vikes bring a Med to the theater, 4 Swordies are ready to plough.

70BC (1):
Elite Swordie ploughs Med. for 2 hp. Our Galley is still floating and almost made it.

IT:
Warrior kills another Horse in Birka, Archer kills Swordie near Bergen. Zulu build Zeus.

50BC (2):
We meet the Zulu . They have the same techs as the Yanks however and ask the same prices. I am pretty sure we are not the first of our continent contacting them.

Two Swordies are needed to kill a fortified warrior near Hareid . What is wrong with the RNG? 3 Swordies move on the hills near Bergen.

IT:
Battles near Bergen. Vikes loose some, we loose some. We hardly have an attack force near Bergen anymore

30BC (3):
We contact a Celtic galley, same story as the Zulus but tech prices are getting better . Horsie kills Med near Birka. Retreat forces towards Anyan, reinforcements are needed.

Techs can only be bought at a premium and the only trading option is for Feudo with the Japs. Rep is 4 turns away so I decide to wait a little while. Lux to 30%.

IT:
3 Meds kill 3 retreating units

10BC (4):
Building a stack in Anyan. Two archers near Birka, 1 healthy horse and a 1/4 in Birka. I decide to pillage the Iron near Birka, retreat units and gift it to Japan.

IT:
Vikes near Anyang retreat. Archers and warriors move near Chinan and Kaifeng. Vike galley near Anyang heading N.

10AD (5):
While battling with Vike warriors near our Southern border we get a
L
E
A
D
E
R

Finally some good news! The FP in Nanking is 14 turns away so we are best of with an army

Meantime the Vikes want to settle for peace and give Republic for a good price. Yanks and Vikes have Engineering and are willing to trade! Vikes want peace for Engineering vs. 615 gold. Deal!

Celts offer Mono and Mon for Engineering. Deal! Zulu offer 31 gpt + 90 cash for Engineering. Deal! They asked for additional payment in a Rep. vs. Eng deal. Fuck off Shaka!

Finally Feudo + 7 goes for Eng + Mono with the Japs. Not a lot the Japs can do with it. Celts and Zulu have Rep. + Chiv. Yanks and Vikes have Rep. We have Rep in 2 turns.
Old 16-04-2004, 20:33   #130
Beam
c00l b33r

IT:
Japan asks us to leave. We comply of course . 4 turns of peace to go.
Yankee swordies move to Nara, move 2 spears and a horse to Nara. A galley with new colors passes our galley.

30AD: (5)
That Galley is Portugese! We know all but one civ now. Rep + 9 gold go for Mono. Although Rep is 1 turn to go I don't think a better deal can be made and we need those Knights! 13 turns from now in this theatre

IT:
3 Yankee Swordies on our turf. Risky to ask them to leave. We'll wait and see. Rush a Pike in Shantung.

50AD: (7)
Moving units to Nara and entering Celtic seas. Rush a Pike in Shantung.

IT:
Yanks attack . They loose a Swordie vs. a promoting spear. Two Swordies move SE.

70AD: (8)
WW happiness all over the place! Nara Horseman kills Swordie, another one kills the other Swordie. Complete Pike in Shantung and move it to Nagoya.

IT:
More Yankee Swordies move in, Meds as well.

90AD: (9)
Nara Horseman kills Swordie, another one damages a Swordie and retreats Exploring the Celtic coast meantime. Build an Army in Shanghai just in case the Elite Spear in Nara is lucky A Galley has arrived in Tatung to carry 2 Swordies for the final assault Izumo. Horses are ready to take Birka and Osaka.

IT:
Yanks are not interested in Nara and move on.

110AD: (10)
3 Horses bring some damage to the passing 4 Yankee swordies, those most likely will retreat. Rush a Horsie in Hangchow. 3 Horses are ready to attack Osaka, 3 for Birka, 2 Swordies are dropped near Izumo.

Sneaky IT:
Japan demands us to leave or declare war. Peace is over so the answer is clear! Japs move 2 Horses and an Archer out of Izumo . We loose one spear in Nara, Yanks loose a Med and a Sword near Nara. 2 cities in disorder.

130AD: (11)
Capture Birka. Two Swords attack Izumo and are victorious, one spear remains however. 4 Horses attack Osaka, 2 are killed, leaving one damaged spear in Osaka. Horses and a Sword do good business near Nara.

105.84*KB

And the sav, please note that it is not completed, I sneaked a little but wanted to leave some options open for Banzai.

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] banzai130AD.SAV
197.14KB