Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Closed Thread

Old 16-05-2004, 22:46   #121
English_brit

Ok if you accept the friendly Boots? Been up a while. Getting worried as we play on Tuesday's in England.
Old 16-05-2004, 23:09   #122
Dell19
King

Not too worried about losing in the cup as I have managed to pick up two victories in the league...
Old 17-05-2004, 02:22   #123
Bootstoots

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by English_brit

Ok if you accept the friendly Boots? Been up a while. Getting worried as we play on Tuesday's in England.
Sorry about that. Friendly accepted.
Old 17-05-2004, 17:25   #124
English_brit

Thanks.

Will be a tough game as I'm away this time.
Old 19-05-2004, 09:37   #125
Shabbaman
Administrator

Damn!!! Most exciting cup game ever! Meli wins the match, Shabba FC loses, true Dutch style!

Quote:
quote:The crowd of 662 turning up at Melis Manglers Arena today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain. Manglers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Cabezas - Spreadbury, Verspoor, Venkataraman - Hautala, Hornabrook, Alistair, Davis, Quigley-Parks - Carroll, Smith.

Shabba had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Severing - de Bruyne, Geurden, Tromp - Leblanc, Couso, ten Cate, Kamphuis, de Ruijsscher - Notebaart, Hoze.

Shabba took the lead after 7 minutes with 0 - 1. Sébastien Couso placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. Shabba´s Steyn Notebaart received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 36:th minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 2. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. After this Shabba lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. A header from Mark Verspoor connected with a corner kick after 38 minutes, and the ball ended up with Aatmaj Venkataraman of Manglers who shot the 1-2 goal. The visitors Simon ten Cate took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 40:th minute. 1 - 3 for Shabba. Shabbas Ramon Kamphuis got himself booked after a foul. Manglerss Roddy Carroll went wide in the 43rd minute, recieving a brilliant pass slicing through the visiting teams central defense line, putting the 2 - 3 goal away. Halftime score was 2 - 3. This part of the game had been a standoff between the teams.

Alan Hornabrook received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 51st minute and almost caused an opponent to score. The referee showed Shabbas Simon ten Cate the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. In the 69:th minute Manglers was able to score the equalising 3 - 3 goal. Richard Alistair picked up a pass coming in from the right and chipped it past the away teams goalie. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Manglers´s Aatmaj Venkataraman got himself booked. In the game's 84:th minute Shabba´s Steyn Notebaart limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

Not having decided a winner at full-time, the match went into extra time. After 96 minutes Shabba´s Ron de Bruyne contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. After overtime the game was still at a tie, and a penalty contest ensued. Manglers´s David Spreadbury cooly put the ball past Roel Severing. 4 - 3. Shabba´s Ron de Bruyne cockily booted the ball with a short-and-fast instep. The penalty, going just wide of the mark, didn´t produce a goal. Manglers´s Sandy Cabezas cooly put the ball past Roel Severing. 5 - 3. Shabba´s Ramon Kamphuis cooly put the ball past Sandy Cabezas. 5 - 4. Manglers´s Eric Hautala looked insecure all the way from laying the ball down to clipping the ball miles wide of the crossbar. No goal. Shabba´s Simon ten Cate didn´t hesitate but Sandy Cabezas managed the save, resulting in an unchanged 5 - 4 score. Manglers´s Mark Verspoor cooly put the ball past Roel Severing. 6 - 4. Shabba´s Sébastien Couso made no mistake. Sandy Cabezas didn´t have a chance. 6 - 5. Manglers´s Alan Hornabrook seemed nervous, putting the ball to the centre of the goal. Roel Severing however, made an early dive to the right, the ball passing him. 7 - 5. Shabba´s Bas de Ruijsscher hesitated a long time before shooting a penalty going just wide of the left post. Still 7 - 5. The most dominating Manglers player was without a doubt Alan Hornabrook. Boris Smith was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Shabba player was without a doubt Bas de Ruijsscher. Simon ten Cate on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 7 - 5.
I tried to use the big, gaping hole that Meli always has on the right side of the defence. This lead to the second goal, not enough unfortunately. Congrats to meli!
Old 19-05-2004, 20:19   #126
yndy
Prince

Quote:
quote:Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 2179 at FC Cruise Arena today. Cruise started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Ruiz - Mein, Bebris, Bruens - Tillemans, van Risp, Bergers, Fraza, Engelgeer - Holl, van den Heuvel.

Sticla had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Vlad - Tutuianu, Spiridon, Gruia - Buzoianu, Lucescu, Pahontu, Banu - Stern, Timou, Macavei.

Sticla were relying on their ability to counter-attack. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 3rd minute goal by Joop Holl for Cruise, putting them ahead 1 - 0. In the games 3rd minute Cruise´s Juri van den Heuvel fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Juri van den Heuvel for taking a dive. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Juri van den Heuvel squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 25:th minute, asserting the lead to 2 - 0. Luciano Engelgeer increased Cruises lead to 3 - 0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. Almost all the way down to the corner flag Gheorghe Buzoianu somehow managed to get a perfect pass into the middle, impossible to miss for George Macavei who struck for 3 - 1. In the games 30:th minute, Joop Holl could have extended the lead, but his very hard free kick went just over the bar. Halftime score was 3 - 1. Cruise, bringing the final ball possession rate to 74 percent, dominated the battle.

After 60 minutes Luciano Engelgeer put Cruise ahead 4 - 1 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. Juri van den Heuvel increased Cruises lead to 5 - 1 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. Cruise put themselves up 6 - 1 when Harm Bergers broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. The structure of the game started to change as Cruise decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. In the 85:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Joop Holl dashed through, knocking home 7 - 1 for Cruise. A header from Thijs Fraza connected with a corner kick after 89 minutes, and the ball ended up with Kees Tillemans of Cruise who shot the 8-1 goal. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 90 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Cruise. However, Georgel Vlad made a spectacular save. Cruise held the ball, with a clear 76 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Cruise player was without a doubt Harm Bergers. Huibert Bruens on the other hand, had a terrible day. Sticla´s best player was Tyree Timou. However, Florin Gruia made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 8 - 1.
Facing a tough game Saturday I had to field reserves and out-of-shape players. Cruise seems to have used his heavy artillery. Congrats!

Edit: I'm not going to be available to make the final ranking until Saturday. If anyone volunteers I'd be grateful.
Old 19-05-2004, 21:25   #127
Cruise

Nice game Yndy, i had the luck to face a new team last sunday; which i used my B-team for.

Didn't expect this outcome tho
Old 20-05-2004, 01:09   #128
English_brit

Congrats on winning the Cup Cruise. Bet you were well chuffed when you realised you had a new team to play in the preceding league game. lol
Old 24-05-2004, 20:07   #129
yndy
Prince

Sorry guys, I don't have time to update the final tables for now. The order is of course:
FC Cruise
Sticla T-veni
Toffee’s Utd
Yellow Boots
Meli’s Manglers
Shabba FC
Acorazado Fuerte
Aristocats
PP SV
Wartham United

Expect edition three to start in about 2 months
Old 24-05-2004, 20:15   #130
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Thanks for all the organising effort Yndy! I;m really enjoying this and will join again in the next edition!
Closed Thread