Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 23-03-2005, 04:59   #111
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

How long is your player out for?
Two weeks but he's 18 so will recover in 1. Sorry about your forward.
Old 23-03-2005, 11:35   #112
Melifluous
Administrator

Bah, he'll be ok.

Quote:
quote:
The game was close to savage at times, and Chemists's Jonathan Collazo received a second yellow card in the 27th minute, his ticket out of the game. Manglers were forced to a substitution as Stephen Taylor couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Walsh Greenwood to come in from the sidelines
It was a nasty game, but my replacement forward then went on to get both a hattrick and the dubious honour of being labelled as my 'worst' player

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2005, 19:19   #113
Dell19
King

Quote:
quote:At Acorazado Fuerte Arena, 2377 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Acorazado started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. Lineup: Adolfsson - Kal, van Haaften, Barzel - Brouwers, van der Arend, Geijtenbeek, Pãcuraru - Machielse, Leinov, Onofras.

Wartham tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. Lineup: Gray - Budd, Mason, Edwards - Crook, Singh, MacSweeney, Mika - Hammond, Kneale, Rowan.

Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of Wartham. Acorazado could have put themselves ahead in the 2nd minute as Frank van Haaften missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right. Wartham's Quintin Mika got himself booked after a foul. Shalom Leinov gave his Acorazado the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. Paul Hammond finished off a quick charge from the left of the field by chipping the ball just past the home sides keeper, making the score 1 - 1 in the 38:th minute. Acorazado broke through to the left in the 39:th minute, Shalom Leinov firing at an acute angle giving the home side a 2 - 1 lead. The game was close to savage at times, and Wartham's Quintin Mika received a second yellow card in the 42th minute, his ticket out of the game. Halftime score was 2 - 1. Acorazado held the ball, with a clear 65 percent possession rate.

Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Niculae Onofras squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 86:th minute, asserting the lead to 3 - 1. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Acorazado´s Niculae Onofras putting the lead up to 4 - 1. The structure of the game started to change as Acorazado decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Acorazado´s Dotan Barzel refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 88:th minute. Acorazado´s Frank van Haaften refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 90:th minute. The referee showed Acorazado's Vladimir Pãcuraru the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. In the 90th minute Acorazado's Niculae Onofras tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot from the left glanced off the bar to fall behind the net. Acorazado held the ball, with a clear 66 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Acorazado player was without a doubt Thijs Geijtenbeek. However, Vladimir Pãcuraru made a disastrous appearance. Wartham´s best player was George Crook. Danny MacSweeney on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 1.
Bit of an odd second half. No events until the 86th minue when it all kicked off. Also 2 injuries very late on. I wonder if they were my fault or some sort of stamina related injury?
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2005, 23:27   #114
Kemal

Got hammered by Toffee's, but only 0-4 so that's good... and the attendance was my best ever I think for a friendly.

Quote:
quote:
Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 1650 at FC De Snaken Arena today. Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Mi³ek - Meesen, Öztürk, Ruijg - Irvine, Lucado, Fjällander, Sanchez, Struikman - van Schaffelaar, Kitslaar.

Toffees tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Sauter - Hickey, Williams, Fisher - Liguori, Erflod, Fujishiro, Munz, Sutton - McLean, Edwards.

Snaken were relying on their ability to counter-attack. A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 16:th minute allowed Christopher McLean to score 0 - 1 for Toffees. Robbie Edwards came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Stanis³aw Mi³ek, hitting the bar. After 26 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Moritz Munz who increased Toffees´s lead to 0 - 2. Halftime score was 0 - 2. Toffees held the ball, with a clear 76 percent possession rate.

Toffees came close to extending their lead as Christopher McLean delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. Toffees´s Robbie Edwards made it through the home teams defence in the 80:th minute, and had only to place the ball in an unguarded goal when the home side´s defender sprang up from the left, clearing the ball on the line. Snaken had to manage with a reduced squad from the 81th minute on, as Tjibbe van Schaffelaar got sent off for a foul in a free situation. Joe Williams seemed to be floating in the air at will as he elegantly headed in 0-3. The previous Toffees corner kick was executed by Christopher McLean. After this Toffees lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. The visitors Piero Liguori took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 84:th minute. 0 - 4 for Toffees. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Toffees, with an impressive 78 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Stanis³aw Mi³ek. However, André Ruijg made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Toffees player was without a doubt Harald Fujishiro. However, Christopher McLean made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 0 - 4.
Old 24-03-2005, 23:36   #115
Håkon

Should we have the cup matches on neutral ground this year, perhaps? Maybe Yndy could do some kind of draw where everything is possible except the arenas of the two teams in question?

Oh, btw...6-1.
Håkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2005, 00:00   #116
Melifluous
Administrator

You realise that you have to decide which neutral ground you play at?

Sounds like an awesome idea!

We can play these neutral matches at the arenas of other teams in the cup!

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2005, 00:24   #117
Dell19
King

It also potentially needs to be a different country from both teams so that both teams have to pay the expenses rather than one team travelling. If both teams are from the same country then the stadium probably needs to be in another region to either team so that one team doesn't get a home advantage.
Old 25-03-2005, 10:15   #118
Shabbaman
Administrator

I disagree a bit. Why should both teams pay? That doesn't make sense. The cup costs me enough money as it is, I see no reason to increase costs even further. I have no objection to travelling abroad, but travelling abroad just to ensure I make the costs is utter BS.

There's always one team contributing more than the other, since there's always one team with more supporters.
Old 25-03-2005, 10:29   #119
Kingreno

I agree with Shabba. If we all start playing our matches in say Uruguay we all have to pay 6k a week, now that ammount is less than half! I see no reason to do this.
Old 25-03-2005, 12:04   #120
Dell19
King

To be fair on both teams. Otherwise one pays and the other doesn't. Would be okay I guess in the long run because it should balance out. Besides I'm not too worried about going abroad anymore as I made a profit on my last 3 away international friendlies.