Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > Succession Games Open Forum
Home

Old 11-04-2004, 20:09   #111
Matrix
Administrator

I think it's useless to try to contact the yellow Civ is curraghs, but with galleys it is indeed more possible.

For the rest I would say we first need to eliminate the Japs and Vikings before attacking the Americans. Do note that by annexing Japan and Scandinavia we probably become bigger than America, and we'll have only one small front to worry about. When attacking an AI that makes it much easier, since it is my observation that they will always attack through land if possible, and always the weakest spot. But in this case there will not be any weak spot.
Old 11-04-2004, 23:59   #112
Col.Tarleton

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Col.Tarleton

I think that we can safely leave the tactical situation to Propain but what is to be our strategy?
It looks as though Japan is doomed and the Yanks might even pile in to take the cities in the neck of land between us and them.
Do we hit the Vikes,soonest,consolidate and build infrastructure or try to trim the Yanks?
The Americans will be our chief rival on this continent and one school of thought is trim your largest rival before it gets too powerfull,the other is to hit your weakest rivals 1st.
Galleys are needed to try and contact the other continent,the curragh,movement 2,needed to survive at sea for 3 turns,Galleys need only to survive for 2 turns.
What do other members of the team think?
Yes,that's how i see it,finish off Japs,fortify the neck(frontier with America)and a quick war with the Vikes taking their Gem city and Iron city.Take their mystery city too.Leave their great library city untill contact with other civs,then knock off Stockholm to get all known techs.
Old 12-04-2004, 00:02   #113
Col.Tarleton

I fucked that quote up,lol,should have been a reply to Matrix.Anyway you know what I mean.I shall have to start taking more water with it,lol.
Old 12-04-2004, 21:20   #114
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Are we still playing the rules proposed by Aggie? I.e., 7 ages, eliminate one civ per age? Also, both Vikes and Yanks are polar terrain, so limited in development.
Old 13-04-2004, 19:32   #115
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Start turn

288.39KB

191.28KB

We're doing extremely well!! We managed to grab a substantial piece of land, are second in MFG and GPT, 3rd in POP.
OUr military is in good shape and we'll be mopping up the japs soon enough. Jusging from the F11 screen our main competitors
are the celts. So we need to find them asap.

I change some sword build to horse builds. We need more horses as we can upgrade them to riders (need them for our GA)
and also they can reach some cities in 1 turn from friendly territory which is an extreme advantage as our troop wont be exposed
in enemy territory.

I also desperately want contact with the other continent, so I change Canton from temple to galley. I plan to whip it once it's
<20 shields to go. Also I move the Tsientsin curragh to Macao where a harbor is being build. They will be upgraded and start a suicide run from
the westen shore.

Also we need more workers to clear that patch of jungle.

Interturn
Jpas land an archer and move a horse next to Tokyo.

turn 1 - 490 BC
Take out reg horse with elite sword no hp loss, elite horse takes out reg archer loses 3 hp.
Whip a rax in Osaka. Switch horse in Xinjian to granary, mainly we need to chop some forest and I rather
sink those shields in buildings than in Units.

turn 2 - 470 bc
civil unrest in tientsin, grr, should have checked. Whip galley in canton.
Move 6 swords next to Kagoshin, 7 next to Edo (Japs Horse town)

turn 3 - 450 bc
civil unrest in Chengdu, I checked but didnt look carefully I guess.
japanese land another lone horse next to tokyo
Kagoshima battle
reg sword takes 2 hp of landed horse, horse retreats, way to Kago from Tokyo is clear.
vet horse loses to reg spear, spear 1 hp left
vet horse defeats reg spear, losing 2 hp
vet horse defeats reg spear, losing 1 hp
Elite sword defeats 1hp spear, kagoshima is our, we capture a settler.
reg sword finished fled horse.

Toku is prepared to make peace for poly, 3 cities and 168 gold. how nice!

Battle of Edo
Edo is on a hill, can be tricky.
Vet sword loses to reg spear, spear loses 1hp. Archer in edo took a shot at it first but missed.
Vet sword kills reg spear, loses 1 hp and promotes.
Wounded spear is now best defender, and I've seen no other archers so prolly only 2hp spear and archer left!
vet sword kills 2 hp spear losing 2 hp
vet swords kills reg archer losing no hp. We now rule Edo!

Toku has of-shore possesions, a town called Izumo. Dont know where it is but shows up in the city list.
Not too bad, we can take his continental cities and make peace for tech and gold while turning him into an
island state. While checking f2 I see we have 3 horses!!! Turns out Osaka is founded on horses, didnt notice that before!

turn 4 - 430 bc
Celts finish great lighthouse. Now we really need to get contact asap!
move some swords. I plan to attack kyoto with both stacks in 3 turns.

turn 5 - 410 bc
US is a republic now, they wont sell it to us though. Our army is average to Abes, strong to vikings and japs.
Switch Nankig to FP.

turn 6 - 390 BC
Galley sinks

turn 7 - 370 bc
kill an archer with horse.

turn 8 - 350 BC
Macao finishes Harbor, upgrade 2 curraghs

turn 9 - 330 BC
Switch Shanghai to lib, we need the border expansion and our military is looking healthy enough.
Battle of Kyoto
Decide to battle with sowrds first, if it;s an easy vic, horses can make a run for satsuma
vet sword loses to reg spear, spear loses 2 hp but promotes
ver sword defeats reg spear, losing 3hp's
vet sword defeats reg speat, losing 1hp and promoting!
rehg sword defeat wounded spear, promoting and taking kyoto. We capture 3 workers and the Mausoleum & the oracle.
I check the civilopedia to see what the mausoleum does. It makes 3 citizens happy, how nice.

turn 10 - 310 BC
Discover Izumo, it's located south of Tatung in viking territory. Pity rather had seen it of shore. Still think we should capture all except Izumo.
Kyoto resistance is persisting, still everybody is resisting. I move 3 swords next to kyoto, I suspect we'll get a flip there so we better do not leave troops
in Kyoto.

turn 11 - 290 bc
I smuggle a turn to take Satsuma, sorry guys
Battle of Satsuma.
Vet horse defeats reg spear, loses 3 hp
ver horse defeats reg spear, loses 2 hp
Vet horse loses to reg spear, spear loses 2 hp
Elite sword loses to 1hp spear, spear promotes. WHAT THE FUCK!
Elite sword revenges it's buddy and kills spear without losing HP. We now rule satsuma!
Capital jumps to Izumo!!!! good.
I make peace with Toku. He gives us: Nara, Nagoya, Polytheism, 190 gold, 8gpt.
I take a chance and move troops in Kyoto to quell the resistance. I really pray this wont go awry with a kyoto flip

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Matrix290 BC.sav
165.8KB
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2004, 20:49   #116
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Great turn PP! Imo strat very much depends now whether we play along the "age" rule Aggie proposed:
- If we play along that rule then we wait for Knights for the next campaign, meantime developing the empire and take Izumo in 20 turns.
- If not we should push on vs. either the Yanks or Vikes.

We should contact the other civs asap!
Old 14-04-2004, 13:21   #117
Col.Tarleton

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Beam

Great turn PP! Imo strat very much depends now whether we play along the "age" rule Aggie proposed:
- If we play along that rule then we wait for Knights for the next campaign, meantime developing the empire and take Izumo in 20 turns.
- If not we should push on vs. either the Yanks or Vikes.

We should contact the other civs asap!
I'll go along with the general consensus,my vote is to take the Vike Iron city,Gem city and mystery city as soon as the deals with the Vikes run out.4 more turns,I think.
Then infrastructure for a zillion years.
Nice play P.P.
Old 14-04-2004, 13:35   #118
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

My 2cts

- reinforce our border witgh the U.S. defensively
- prepare to strike the vikes
- I dont particularly need to adhere to the 1 civ per tech age rule. We can just slap em around as we se fit as far as I'm concerned.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2004, 23:56   #119
Col.Tarleton

Matrix,Matrix,wherefor art thou? ( From William Shakespears Matrix and Juliette.)
Old 15-04-2004, 12:12   #120
Matrix
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Col.Tarleton

Matrix,Matrix,wherefor art thou? ( From William Shakespears Matrix and Juliette.)
You've called me "darling" multiple times when we were playing and now you're pretending to be Juliette. This is getting scary.
(Just kidding, Rodney. )

Anyway, I'm here. I would've preferred you didn't play the 11th turn, ProPain, so that I could have at least one turn of war myself. Now it's only building up infrastructure for me.
Though then again I can imagine you liked to finish your project. (But what's a SG for?)