Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 19-10-2008, 22:29   #111
mauer
King

What a day so far for Darkness! 152 points with 2 players remaining!!
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 09:49   #112
Darkness

I don't give a damn about fantasy football today.

My Rams totally spanked the Cowboys!
Old 20-10-2008, 09:58   #113
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
I don't give a damn about fantasy football today.

My Rams totally spanked the Cowboys!
But then again. Scoring 167 points with Brandon Marshall left to play is pretty nice....

I gotta say that these 8-team leagues are much nicer than the 16-team leagues. At least here I have decent options at all positions. In the 16 team keeper league at CFC I had to start bloody Derek Anderson at QB this week...
In this CDZ league it's not a problem if one of my star RB's (Michael Turner) is on a bye and the second gets suspended for misconduct (Larry Johnson), since I have plenty of options left (Steven Jackson and Chris Johnson). In a 16-team league such a hit at one position would almost certainly have cost me the game...

And no more mocking my Owen Daniels pick now!
Old 20-10-2008, 12:51   #114
romeothemonk
King

I WON!!!
WOOT!!!
Despite the fact that my star QB is out, and my receivers suck so bad the Lions don't want them, I won. YAY!!

I do still mock your Owen Daniels pick. I would rather own the vulture, not the meat. Congrats on breaking the Whomp curse though.
Old 20-10-2008, 13:59   #115
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeothemonk View Post

I do still mock your Owen Daniels pick. I would rather own the vulture, not the meat. Congrats on breaking the Whomp curse though.

I'm totally not getting the vulture-meat thing...

Among TE's only Jason Witten has scored more points than Daniels, and the Texans have already had their bye. IMHO Daniels is one of the most underrated players in the NFL.
Old 21-10-2008, 13:06   #116
romeothemonk
King

I am still upset that Belicheck screwed around and didn't release Maroney's status to us. I am really pissed off that I wasted such a high pick on someone the coach knew was out, but didn't bother telling the rest of us.
I could only name about 5 Texans, and I honestly couldn't name Daniels, so I, in my infinite wisdom, had to make fun of it. Also in my infinite wisdom, I picked up Vernon Davis as my TE, again, because I liked his upside. Bad move. At least now I have Scaife and Olsen, who don't have the upside, but do have the production.
Old 21-10-2008, 13:16   #117
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeothemonk View Post
I am still upset that Belicheck screwed around and didn't release Maroney's status to us. I am really pissed off that I wasted such a high pick on someone the coach knew was out, but didn't bother telling the rest of us.
I could only name about 5 Texans, and I honestly couldn't name Daniels, so I, in my infinite wisdom, had to make fun of it. Also in my infinite wisdom, I picked up Vernon Davis as my TE, again, because I liked his upside. Bad move. At least now I have Scaife and Olsen, who don't have the upside, but do have the production.
Belicheck is really anal about his injury reports. Really annoying. I have maroney in the CFC keeper league, so I know what you mean...

Daniels had over 700 yards last year and about half a dozen scores, so he was really in my top 5 for TE's. To me, picking him was really a no-brainer with Witten, Clark, Gonzalez and Gates of the board...

Davis = bust. Especially with Mike Martz as the OC. Martz's offense doesn't feauture the TE very much.

Olson's pretty decent, but then you depend a lot on Kyle Orton (who seems to be growing into his starting QB role quite nicely, but it's still a gamble). Scaife is either feast or famine, but at least with Collins under center the Titans have a QB that can throw it, so he could get you some points. Then again, the Titans also have Alge Crumpler, so Scaife may not get a lot of snaps...
Old 21-10-2008, 16:39   #118
BCLG100
Deity

Am i winning or losing?

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 22:01   #119
mauer
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Belicheck is really anal about his injury reports. Really annoying. I have maroney in the CFC keeper league, so I know what you mean...

Daniels had over 700 yards last year and about half a dozen scores, so he was really in my top 5 for TE's. To me, picking him was really a no-brainer with Witten, Clark, Gonzalez and Gates of the board...

Davis = bust. Especially with Mike Martz as the OC. Martz's offense doesn't feauture the TE very much.

Olson's pretty decent, but then you depend a lot on Kyle Orton (who seems to be growing into his starting QB role quite nicely, but it's still a gamble). Scaife is either feast or famine, but at least with Collins under center the Titans have a QB that can throw it, so he could get you some points. Then again, the Titans also have Alge Crumpler, so Scaife may not get a lot of snaps...
I'm still amazed that someone not even from the states knows so much, more than most Americans actually, about the NFL. Am I alone in this?

BCLG- I whooped your boohiney.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 09:51   #120
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauer View Post
I'm still amazed that someone not even from the states knows so much, more than most Americans actually, about the NFL. Am I alone in this?

I just really love this game. I watch it more than football/soccer actually.
And I've been watching for about a decade now, so you'd expect me to pick up some things, right?