Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 14:45   #101
English_brit

Quote:
quote:Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Toffees Utd Arena saw a crowd turnout of 2131. Toffees had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. Lineup: MacFadyen - Homer, Russell, Hickey - Penn, Haynes, Attah-Agyeman, Hevia - Holmes, McLean, Edwards.

Aristocats started off with a 5-3-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Vugts - Sulaiman, Hoogerheide, van den Burg, Gaastra, Salman - Tomic, Korsten, Royle - Maas, Wagenaar.

Aristocats were relying on their ability to counter-attack. Toffeess Floyd Penn gave, after 5 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. In the games 13th minute Toffees´s David Russell fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked David Russell for taking a dive. After 35 minutes Charles Attah-Agyeman put Toffees ahead 2 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. In the 38:th minute Toffees put themselves up 3 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Kirk Haynes coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Toffees´s Charles Attah-Agyeman putting the lead up to 4 - 0. The structure of the game started to change as Toffees decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Serge Maas was the first to reach the corner kick, but his header was saved by the keeper. However, Aristocats´s Geert Hoogerheide managed to get hold of the rebound and scored the 4-1 goal. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Toffees lead up with 5 - 1. Christopher McLean finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Halftime score was 5 - 1. Toffees, bringing the final ball possession rate to 63 percent, dominated the battle.

In the 56:th minute Toffeess Floyd Penn received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Toffees lead up with 6 - 1. Floyd Penn finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. In the 58:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Gerry Holmes dashed through, knocking home 7 - 1 for Toffees. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Toffees lead up with 8 - 1. Gerry Holmes finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Unsportsmanlike behaviour by David Russell rendered him his second booking of the match, and Toffees had to finish the game with a reduced squad. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Toffees, with an impressive 62 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Toffees player was without a doubt Kirk Haynes. Charles Attah-Agyeman on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Aristocats player was without a doubt Vladimir Tomic. Geert Hoogerheide on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 8 - 1.
lol Boots, oops. Shame about the missed training.

Happy with the result.

Shame one of my dirty players got sent off but nvmd. lol

Looking forward to seeing who I'll play in the semi's after tonights games. Good luck to all those with matches tonight.
Old 05-05-2004, 21:53   #102
Cruise

What an awesome match
Schip had a walkover sunday so he could field his A team vs me. I was surprised to get this far with my trainees! Just check this out!
Quote:
quote:943 spectators arrived at Acorazado Fuerte Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Acorazado tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Poffers - Hoekstra, Wijnen, Kal - Puerta, Geijtenbeek, Ernst, van der Arend, Grube - Merhottein, Ooijer.

Cruise started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Drumlak - Mein, Sârbu, Bruens - Sloesen, Burghelea, Torrell, Näksi, Murherjee - Holl, van den Heuvel.

Acorazado saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. Cruise clearly preferred attacks in the middle. Cruise took the lead in the games 7:th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Mehis Näksi was the scorer. Edo Sloesen of Cruise received a yellow card in the 11th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Cruise nearly produced a goal as Albert Torrell set up Edo Sloesen for a strike from a seemingly impossible angle. The receiver wasn´t as clear-headed though, and put the shot wide. After a fatal mistake from the away teams right side defense in the 25:th minute, an alert Ruud Wijnen bagged the ball, evening the score to 1 - 1. In the 34:th minute cheers broke out as Ruud Wijnen found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 2 - 1 goal in for Acorazado. The referee showed Acorazados Frank Kal the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. 38 minutes into the game Cruise´s Niculae Sârbu found a gap in the home sides central defense scoring with a long shot, making it 2 - 2. In the games 38:th minute Cruise´s Juri van den Heuvel fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Juri van den Heuvel for taking a dive. Cruise took the lead in the games 40:th minute with 2 - 3 after some elegant plays down the middle. Juri van den Heuvel was the scorer. Cruises Mehis Näksi got himself booked after a foul. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 3. Acorazado held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

In the games 48:th minute Cruise´s Mihaită Burghelea fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Mihaită Burghelea for taking a dive. Erik Merhottein put his head to a well placed ball lifted in from the left and scored the 3 - 3 goal in the 49:th minute. Thijs Geijtenbeek of Acorazado received a yellow card in the 58:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Frank Kal gave Acorazado the lead with 4 - 3 on a beautiful free kick. 68 minutes into the game Cruise´s Mihaită Burghelea found a gap in the home sides central defense scoring with a long shot, making it 4 - 4. 72 minutes into the game Juri van den Heuvel had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Friso Havers. Possession of the ball saw an equal split between the teams during the fortyfive minutes.

As none of the teams had managed to win, extra time was called. The terraces were silenced in the 91st minute as Cruise´s Friso Havers put the guests ahead 4 - 5, following an attack from the right. This put an end to extra time, making Cruise the winners. The most dominating Acorazado player was without a doubt Jason Hoekstra. Jari Poffers on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Cruise player was without a doubt Joop Holl. Vijaya-Bhupathi Murherjee on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 5.
Old 05-05-2004, 22:14   #103
Schip

indeed, congrats Cruise. You really have deserved this with great play!
Old 06-05-2004, 00:10   #104
English_brit

Yeah, best game of the competition so far.

I was hoping not to have to play Cruise again but looks like my lucks out.
Old 06-05-2004, 08:37   #105
Shabbaman
Administrator

PP SV - Shabba FC 0-5

What's that, do I hear "walkover"?

No, wait, now I hear it clearer: "ASSWHOOPING!!!"

Heh.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:06   #106
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by English_brit

Yep. I looked at your division. Crucial game for you. Good luck for it.

Btw, what are you training, goalkeepers I guess?

Duh, forgot to check ur wingers. Winger training.

Guess you're planning on switching to playmaking once you've made the money off the wingers?
Lost the crucial game in the league, now 3 temas are all tied on 2nd place with 18 points. One has a lighter remaining programm than I one a heavier. My guess is I'll end up 3rd. Which would be a waste as I'll be forced to spend another season in 8th division where sponsor and supporters income is substantially lower than in 7th as far as I can see.

I'm training wingers and the way that's going I'll be continuing that. Everybody seems top be training PM which makes the price difference between a passable trainee and a solid player to sell fairly small. Also I can train up to 2 levels a season on wing.

@shabba: my 2nd team sucks big time. The fact I forgot to field them a few times for a friendly has put them out of form indefinitely

@Dell: We'll be doing the real final: Battle for the red lantern. (or rather avoiding the red lantern!)
Old 06-05-2004, 12:08   #107
Dell19
King

I think I might just lose that game as well I did win my first league game though.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:31   #108
Cruise

Propain, get a better coach dude. Yours is weak/poor. If you get a solid coach with poor leadership it will cost you 270k, and you can get your trainees to almost rise 3 levels per season. Even a passable/poor coach (71k) will reduce training with 2 weeks/level.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:41   #109
Shabbaman
Administrator

Hm, now, where did I leave that 270k...
Old 06-05-2004, 13:21   #110
Schip

Quote:
quote: Hm, now, where did I leave that 270k...
OOHHH, that black suitcase we found a few weeks ago was yours.....
too bad we had to spend it on the girls for Cruises players

But indeed getting a passable coach is worth the money, my coach is dropping in skills after one season already, this week he lost a leadership point, which is NOT a good sign
Closed Thread