Old 08-10-2008, 03:07   #101
Whomp
King

I got robbed!
Whomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:17   #102
mauer
King

You would have been alright if the Chiefs could have put some points on the board. Or if the NO pass defense didn't blow all balls.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:38   #103
mauer
King

Thoughts please. In my fantasy league at work I've got two RB spots to fill for next week. One is locked, the other is undecided. Which one?

Ronnie Brown at Houston- Locked

Stephen Jackson at Washington- Washington's got a solid run defense, but Jackson is a workhorse. Although I've read that the new staff may implement a new scheme, which might not bode well.

Earnest Graham at Carolina- Carolina's got a respectable run defense. I like that garcia may be starting instead of Greise though.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:43   #104
Darkness

I'm a Rams fan (yes, that hurts right now), so I am definately biased, but I'd go for Steven Jackson.
Graham's a nice back, but Jackson is better, and the game against Buffalo showed that he was finally getting into game shape after his holdout (110 yards rushing, 1 TD, 5 catches, 78 yards receiving)...
The only downside is that the Rams might fall behind early against the Redskins and may be forced to throw a lot. But considering Jackson is one of the very best receiving running backs that problem should not be too bad...
Old 08-10-2008, 20:02   #105
mauer
King

NFL.com's fantasy evaluation, hosted by cbs, usually is pretty acurate with it's probabilities. They've got Graham at 11 points and Jackson at 18. I hate to make that my decision maker, but since it's a draw with Darkness saying Jackson and SZ saying Graham, I'll make it my tie breaker. Jackson it is.

On a side note, I went to the cowboys game this past Sunday. It was only the second regular season game I've ever been to, but I don't count the first. The first was Dallas vs Atlanta, but those were the Quincy Carter days *vomit*

Anyways, I'd have to say that the dallas fans seem to be quite fickle. Crayton, Pacman, and TO were all booed. Crayton was booed quite vehemently at that. Although the place erupted when TO scored that 50 something yard TD.
Old 08-10-2008, 20:12   #106
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauer View Post
Anyways, I'd have to say that the dallas fans seem to be quite fickle. Crayton, Pacman, and TO were all booed. Crayton was booed quite vehemently at that. Although the place erupted when TO scored that 50 something yard TD.
Booing TO should be mandatory in all NFL stadiums. But it would seem a bit harsh to boo a 4-1 team. Now if anyone was booing the 0-5 Bengals, that I'd understand...
Old 13-10-2008, 09:46   #107
Darkness

BCLG is killing me this week....

5 points from Michael Turner? Ugh...
Old 14-10-2008, 20:22   #108
BCLG100
Deity

Tum tum tum, still no idea what im doing!

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2008, 03:23   #109
mauer
King

I figured we'd let the innocent bystanders have a peak into the action in CDZ's Fantasy Football. The top part is the current standings. Take a good long look at #1 (me ), cause I really don't have the lineup to sustain such a standing throughout the season. Anyways, the bottom part is the scoreboard from this past weekends matchups.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Awesome.JPG (51.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 19-10-2008, 11:27   #110
Darkness

So, this week it's time for a classic from the old CFC fantasy football leagues: Whomp vs. Darkness. Projections have me winning by 10 points, but Whomp does tend to play very well against me...

On a side-note: This CDZ team is actually the worst team I have at 4-2. All my other teams are 5-1. So I am quite pleased with the season so far (besides the fact that the Rams still suck... )