Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 25-07-2006, 02:38   #91
Socrates
Emperor

Hmmm... Read your post again, Dell, and I figured out something : the little money that you get for being the mother club when old youth pulls are sold... can be huge !!! As I see it, each time a transfer is done, the mother club gets 2% of the transfer. In my head, since I'm dealing with low prices, this was ridiculous (1k or 2k at best). But the youth pull will live his life, and hopefully become a star, making the 2% huge a few seasons later ! The only downside is that, by that time, you hopefully deal with higher prices, and so that "huge" money doesn't look like as big as first thought. In this regard, it may help to start investing in the youth squad right away.

Anyway, I'm posting because I made a deal tonight, and maybe you can tell me if I made a good deal (and Mistfit may tell me if I made an absolute steal (don't think so, though )). Here is the guy :

Quote:
quote:
Code:
Franz-Josef Daucher (64767808)
32 years, weak form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is balanced and honest.
Has weak experience and weak leadership abilities.

Nationality: 	                Deutschland
Total Skill Index (TSI):  	110
Wage: 	                        720 €/week  including 20% Bonus
Owner: 	                        Krys Olympic
Warnings: 	                0
Injuries: 	                Healthy

Stamina:   	wretched  	Goalkeeping:   	wretched 
Playmaking:   	solid  	        Passing:   	wretched 
Winger:   	inadequate  	Defending:   	poor 
Scoring:   	wretched  	Set Pieces:   	magnificent 

Career Goals:  	                21 
Career Hattricks:  	        1 
League goals this season:  	2 
Cup goals this season:  	0
This is my first foreigner, hehe. I bought him for 6k only, there was only one other bidder, who disappeared after bidding twice, I think. This was around 1am tonight. My current midfield is very low, and so he will be helpful for a season or two at least. The plan was of course to get that high set piece skill. I think that'll do for D.VIII. The only problem is his stamina, but it will get better soon, as I plan to train stamina twice during the off-season.

Trivia about this guy :
As you can see, he did 1 hat trick in his career, and I checked, it happened... on July 19, ie. less than 1 week ago, for the friendly !! He scored a normal goal, then a penalty, and since that match was played with cup rules, he scored a free kick in the extra-time. And actually, he was the only scorer for the previous team and thus ensured a win for them ! The irony is to be found at the bottom of the page : he was the disappointment for the team ! Gimme disappointment !!
Old 25-07-2006, 09:30   #92
socralynnek

wretched Stamina with solid PM is indeed funny. Keep in mind that players in that age can now lose skill and if they lose skill it can be quite drastic (some levels at once is atm still possible)

Why i am writing "atm"? From next season on, older players will, instead of losing skills totally randomly but then drastic, lose skills more regularly but then not that drastic.

I don't know about the set pieces skill loss.

But since you are looking for short term helps, older guys (29 or older) are not that bad when they have some experience (maybe inadequate or more), then they are a big help until they lose skill.
Old 25-07-2006, 11:31   #93
Socrates
Emperor

Wretched stamina is indeed "funny", but I had that in mind when bidding. I was not putting more than 15k in that player anyway, and I think 6k was quite a nice bargain, uh ? In 3 weeks he'll be better in stamina (though not that good), enough for my future series, I hope. The problem is my players' form, but that should slowly improve throughout the season.

I prefer that they lose their skills bit by bit, there is no bad surprise that way, so I welcome the change.

It seems that the loss in set pieces is very slow, but I'm not sure. I'm quite convinced that a 50 year-old guy can still score a free kick...

I'm seeing mid-term with this guy. He should help me to get away from D.VIII, but then I think he'll be obsolete. I'm expecting a lot of goals from him against weak teams, especially on free kick.
Old 29-07-2006, 02:52   #94
Socrates
Emperor

Economic update. My youth academy has just reached 'inadequate', as promised. I shouldn't lose much money this week, once I get the money from this weekend's match at home, but I'm still reluctant to use it wildly on buying more players, since I won't sell my goalie before some time and will carry on the 20k investment. Everything goes according to plan.

Question : Should I wait for the youth academy to reach 'passable' (in 3 weeks' time) before promoting yougsters ? Losing another 3*2k in 3 weeks doesn't sound appealing to me...
Old 29-07-2006, 12:10   #95
socralynnek

if you can resist to push that button then wait until the new season starts.
At the beginning of the season you might want to pull keepers as 17yo keepers with inadequate skill might sell at the beginning of the season.
Old 30-07-2006, 22:13   #96
Socrates
Emperor

I won my 1st league match yesterday !!! I defeated the 7th team in my series 4-2, and thus grabbed the 7th place at the very end of the season. This will allow me to play at home on Day 1 next season, but I don't know the other consequences with regards to relegation.

My magnificent set pieces taker, Franz-Josef Daucher, was the spotlight player (not the best) : he scored on a free kick (like asked to do ), then failed to score a penatly, then missed an opportunity due to feeble scoring ability, and eventually scored on a 2nd penalty. From the stars and the ratings we both get, it seems I was lucky, even if a magnificent set pieces ability isn't taken into account in either stars or ratings.

This is good for morale, good for the future. And I'm also happy to have thought a lot about this match, against a team which played exactly as expected (regarding his former matches). Two victories this week, hehe.
Old 31-07-2006, 09:53   #97
socralynnek

you'll lose 10% of your fans because of the relegation, but if you win games, they come again very fast in your league level..

When I joined I was in a similar situation than you, having ateam in 8th place, a few weeks before the season ends. But because of that, I was ready for the game when the first real season started and almost promoted.

So don't be too worried about the fan loss.
Old 17-08-2006, 01:03   #98
Socrates
Emperor

Today I won my first Cup match, but got me another injury, and so I really think it's time I did something to counter that. Would 1 physio be enough to counter injuries at a bearable level ? I don't have much money to spend on that at the moment... Do you also think I should hire 1 spokesperson right now, for Division VIII ?

As for doctors, I think I should forget them and buy me a few more players, do you agree with that ? Or should I hire 1 doctor and keep him all the time, since I have injuries all the time ? Buying new players would mean I have better players, so that's tempting, but again, I have so little money.

Today I PICed my Cup match, and my TS raised by 2 levels, which is good because on Saturday, for my first League match, I'm playing against the best team of my league (and should logically lose). Do you think it's good to MOTS against him ? The situation is simple : there are 2 strong teams in my league, 1 other which is about my strength, and the 4 last shouldn't be a problem. The next 2 League matches are easy ones, and my 2nd Cup match is so strong that I will PIC it anyway. So is MOTSing on Saturday a bad thing, since I'd need to win in order to have a chance to promote (only the 1st one team promotes) ? Also, buying new players would mean a stronger team, ie. a chance at winning if I MOTS...

So many questions, and just 24 hours to answer them all (before training (stamina) if possible).
Old 17-08-2006, 01:53   #99
socralynnek

the problem is: if you mots this weekend, your TS will be very low for a few weeks as you don't have a coach with much leadership (or don't you?). So, if you are sure to win the next two matches with PIC and you have a reasonable chance with MOTS, then do it.
Normally the rule is: if you are very sure to lose and probably will even lose with MOTS then PIC the match.

On the other issue: hire 1-2 spokespersons, they will pay off.
Doctors: if your players are so weak that you could get a replacement for a few thousand euros, then buy a new one.
If a trainee gets injured, hire a doctor or two:
http://www.student.ru.nl/rvanaarle/injury.php
Here you can calculate healing times if you know TSI before injury and after.

There are people saying: For each % over 90% training intensity, hire 1 physio.
I don't think it's worth it hiring 10 in your case, but maybe 1-2 would be ok.
Old 17-08-2006, 02:23   #100
Socrates
Emperor

From what I read :
- MOTS : TS is halved after the match (and gets back slowly since my coach has poor LS).
- PIC : TS raises by ~2 levels after the match (and gets back quickly since...).
Today my TS jumped from 'composed' to 'content' (+2 levels). 'Content' seems to be equal to 6, on a scale from 0 to 10. So, if I MOTS on Saturday, my TS will drop to 3 = 'irritated'. Then I PIC on Wednesday, and my TS gets back to 5 = 'calm', ie. 1 level higher than normal = composed = 4. NOT ? After that, my next 2 league matches are rather easy and I can PIC again, I suppose (and no more cup for me). It seems this is a solid strategy, which enables me to fight against the best team of my league, at home, with an increased midfield from MOTS, and with a good TS (before it drops). Should I buy me some players (see below), I'd have a chance to win.

About the staff, OK, I will hire 1 spokesman and 1 physio for the moment, that should get me some fair results to begin with. Any link or utility to "see" the effects of hiring either ?

I agree that doctors are quite expensive for me at the moment. I'll first try to buy some cheap but good players. Today, my forward sub replaced my defender, ouch !! I'm heavily engaged on the YS path, but I think that having a solid team is important as well, and that I should try to win my league. Getting further into debt could be bearable if profits from winning my league are high enough (talking about new profits VS interests here). I'm still above zero but dropping rapidly... Maybe 1 doctor can be hired until there is no more injury in my team, because it won't happen before 4 weeks (and I could still have other injuries as well in the future).