Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 28-06-2010, 08:58   #91
socralynnek

In some lower leagues, there are even no linesman here (I have played so many competetive matches in my life and only a few of them were with linesmen...)

Strange match day, two exciting games but what's left after all are two very bad mistakes. The refs at the evening game even managed to make an even bigger mistake. That one was offside so clearly, I can't understand how a world cup referee can not see this.

No one knows how the game would have proceeded (I think Germany would have won anyway, but Mexico was on a very good way to beat Argentina)

@barbu: Seems like the English keeper was influenced by the English media.
Especially the first goal:
-If he tries to come out to the end of the box and tries to get the ball before Klose gets it: 95% chance of success, 5% chance of looking bad (i.e. not getting the ball), which would lead to the media being full of funny words...

-If he doesn't come out, 50% chance of Klose not scoring...but he is not looking that stupid, so he probably chose this...

(Numbers totally invented, but yes, I think he was kind of afraid risking looking too bad)

And the 3rd goal was not best keeping as well, I think...

The 4 goals, Germany made, were well played, but I am unsure on how big the chances against Argentina are. Argentina's defense is not brillant as well, but the German defense also allows the opponent to create chances.
Old 28-06-2010, 09:31   #92
Matrix
Administrator

I'm generally not a believer in conspiracy theories, but this is just too suspicious.

Sepp Blatter said: "We don't want video-refereeing because then there will be no more discussions. We want emotion on the pitch, or better than that: passion."

That statement is just so much nonsense that he cannot actually mean it. No one in such a function is that dumb. So if he doesn't mean it, that means he's got a hidden reason. Most likely that FIFA loses a way to influence a game.

Another spicy fact: The chairman of the Spanish national football association, Ángel María Villar, is chairman of the international referee committee and the chairman of the Brazilian national football association, Ricardo Teixeira, is vice-chairman of that same referee committee.

In the match where the Netherlands plays against Slovakia, exactly the match before they play against Brazil, they will have a referee who's got his hand in his breast pocket like Napoleon had his in his jacket.

Ever so often the World Cup has referees out of the smallest football nations that make dubious decisions and are never seen again.

In the Olympic ice hockey final USA - Canada, three referees were Canadian, but not a single American complained, because they are considered so much impartial. The difference is not only that they have video refereeing, but also that the referee committee in ice hockey is independent of the international ice hockey organisation.

Will Blatter step down? No, why would he? Does anyone know how the organisation is run internally? Who are the persons with the authority to force him to resign? My guess is they are with Blatter on the matter anyway.

We can keep on repeating ourselves on how ridiculous it is that in this era they still don't use video images, but that is now so abundantly clear that we should start thinking about why it is still not introduced while being so abundantly clear.

Perhaps we need a revolution. Or a new competing international football organisation.

Last edited by Matrix; 28-06-2010 at 09:36.
Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 11:04   #93
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

it would be a start to select referees based on past performance, not based on country of origin. Maybe we'd have more quality guys then, and fewer people from tiny SA nations who consistenly make weird calls.
Old 28-06-2010, 15:20   #94
Robi D
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Sepp Blatter said: "We don't want video-refereeing because then there will be no more discussions. We want emotion on the pitch, or better than that: passion."
Well thats like saying its ok if teams getting robbed through bad descisions. Also its interesting that the group of referees that did the England-Germany game also did the Australia-Serbia game where a clear handball by Tim Cahill was missed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Killer M View Post
it would be a start to select referees based on past performance, not based on country of origin. Maybe we'd have more quality guys then, and fewer people from tiny SA nations who consistenly make weird calls.
If you noticed the referee's for the games don't come from the same continent as either of the 2 teams playing unless two european teams were playing, then a european referee was used in some of them.

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 15:42   #95
socralynnek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Killer M View Post

Well, the one team that made the weirdest decision (yesterday offside by Tevez) was the team with the one who was World Referee of the year 2008. So, that doesn't prevent those mistakes...
Old 28-06-2010, 18:48   #96
Shabbaman
Administrator

Diving is a jury sport, surely Slovakia would've liked Vittek to get a proper score. So yes, get on with video refs!
Old 28-06-2010, 18:54   #97
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robi D View Post
If you noticed the referee's for the games don't come from the same continent as either of the 2 teams playing unless two european teams were playing, then a european referee was used in some of them.
German and Dutch referees are said to be the best in the world. Please go and check how many Germans and Dutch and Britons are in SA, and how many referees from Urugay and other places with a history of bad refs.

Why are there twice as many from Urugay as from Germany? This whole continent thingy is BS - as if an Italian was more likely to screw up a Spain-Russia game than an Argentinan
Old 29-06-2010, 00:06   #98
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbu1977 View Post
Is it just me, or the british Goalkeeper did not play to World cup standards. From the video highlights I've seen, 1-2 goals should have been stoped by a top keeper..
No that's not just you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robi D View Post
.....This in my opinion is ridiculous since not a level of football have nice smooth grass pitches, multiple balls to reduce wasted time or 4th officials, and at the lower levels the linesmen are supplied by the clubs. At the end of the day this is a global showpiece event not some backyard kick around.
Well said, I totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
Diving is a jury sport, surely Slovakia would've liked Vittek to get a proper score. So yes, get on with video refs!
ROFL, and so true.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 17:59   #99
Shabbaman
Administrator

Amazing!
Old 02-07-2010, 18:01   #100
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Semis lol