Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Travian
Home

Old 07-01-2007, 00:07   #91
Catalin

in each city you may have a hero! so if you want a second hero, build another town.
Catalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 00:20   #92
Togidubnus

so having had my level 2 phalanx hero killed in the line of duty, is it better to reactivate him, or to create a new druidrider hero?
Togidubnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:00   #93
Rik Meleet

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Catalin

in each city you may have a hero! so if you want a second hero, build another town.
I have 3 towns ... Can't build a 2nd hero.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:10   #94
Catalin

build one hero's mansion in each city and train a hero from there. the hero belongs to the city and you can only have one hero in each city.
Catalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 14:01   #95
Samson
Warlord

Is there any reasnoble guides / tutorials out there/ The one on http://www.travian.com/tutorial.php does not really explain anything.
If you want to answer newbie questions:
Do you need to keep "doing stuff" to keep you village working. Ie. do I need to click on the cropland every 2.5 minutes to keep building cropland. Does the village go inactive whenever I go to sleep?
What do you do with the reasorces you gather (food, clay etc.) Are they just used automatically when you build stuff. [EDIT] I see now that every build operation costs reasorces. That uses them. Is it the only thing that uses them (except population and armies using food I guess).
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 14:53   #96
socralynnek

IIRC the build/research operations are the only ones using ressources besides pop and armies. Oh and besides trading via a market of course.

And strictly speaking, if you get attacked/raided your opponent can take away resources.

The longer your game takes, the longer the build operations take. Therefore you might have hours until you can build again.
And resources just gather until the storage is full if you don't use them.

But I don't have any useful link over here.
Old 13-09-2007, 20:45   #97
Dell19
King

There is a travian wiki that you can find on google that gives a general idea about the different buildings and units.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2007, 00:11   #98
Samson
Warlord

Thanks. http://dhost.info/travian2005/Wiki/index.php/Main_Page has got a lot of information.

One thing that seems to be missing is a discription of what the map symbols (tile images) mean. I guess it does not matter until I have an army or 3 settlers, but it would be nice to know.

And another question, how do you find out how much longer your "newbie protection" lasts? Is it 10 days on all servers?
[EDIT] I just found out that the 5th button at the top of the screen is actually 2 buttons, and as well as the Reports (which I had already found) there is a messages section. That gives you the days protection as well as what you have to do to get additional reasorces.
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2007, 15:34   #99
socralynnek

No. The first game I played had 7 days protection, the 2nd had 3 days protection (although both were at normal speed)
I have found that one out by reading the official in-game forum where the server restart was announced, IIRC.