Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 21-02-2005, 12:05   #11
English_brit

True.

I'm a bit of an extreme manager anyway. I don't like leaving anything to chance even if the effects are diminished with each additional one. I mean, I even expanded to 100k well before I needed it just to avoid paying the quadrupled rates on expansion in seasons to come. Have had a 60k plus crowd before though. lol
English_brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 17:25   #12
Kingreno

Very solid win taking me to third place! HoL supporters and away to the league leaders next week

Quote:
quote:The 14861 spectators at Aristocats Arena were in for an afternoon of sunshine. Aristocats had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. Lineup: Pinto - Gaastra, Ajello, Zirngibl, Vink - Zengers, van den Burg, Korsten, Dalhuizen - Timmers, Latinovics.

hielpen1 had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Pluijm - Nix, Schrauwen, Buruiana - Acella, Lită, Portmann, Zwanenburg, Colabro - Broekmans, Bereményi.

Aristocats immediately set off pressing their opponents. hielpen1 immediately set off pressing their opponents. Aristocats made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Sicco Timmers completely alone with keeper Lambert Pluijm, who made a spectacular block. Aristocats were able to press their opponents, causing the game to be a bit of a stalemate at times. At this time in the match, Aristocats were using their skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents. In the 39:th minute Steven Korsten almost put the home team one ahead on a cross pass coming in from the right, but the shot went wide. hielpen1 had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Armando Pinto saved Wessel Broekmans´s shot headed for the top corner. Halftime score was 0 - 0. Aristocats, bringing the final ball possession rate to 65 percent, dominated the battle.

Aristocats broke through to the left in the 54:th minute, Steven Korsten firing at an acute angle giving the home side a 1 - 0 lead. hielpen1 were able to press their opponents, causing the game to be a bit of a stalemate at times. hielpen1 were close to putting the equaliser away in the 70:th minute as the opposing defence lost control of the ball in a scuffle in front of the goal, but in the end the ball was cleared over the sideline. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Sicco Timmers squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 74:th minute, asserting the lead to 2 - 0. The structure of the game started to change as Aristocats decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Aristocats lead up with 3 - 0. Miklós Latinovics finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. In the games 80:th minute Aristocats´s Daniel Ajello fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Daniel Ajello for taking a dive. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Aristocats, with an impressive 72 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Aristocats player was without a doubt Ger Gaastra. However, Steven Korsten made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating hielpen1 player was without a doubt Zsigmond Bereményi. Jan Schrauwen on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 0
Old 21-02-2005, 19:36   #13
Bootstoots

Quote:
quote:A brilliantly sunny day had enticed a crowd of 38257 to The Yellow Boot. Yellow tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Brown - Falbrant, Slipčević, Fernández - Örnbom, Mahmoud, Biler, Righetti, Burri - Tomlin, Burney.

Russian tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Masters - Tolkamp, Jeppsson, Stigland - Linnet, Läfner, Landl, Mĺnsson, Gomez Sánchez - Hunn, Mathis.

Yellow could have put themselves ahead in the 2nd minute as Rickard Örnbom missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right. Rico Hunn knocked one home in the 3rd minute on the counterattack, making the score 0 - 1. 14 minutes into the game George Mathis had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Roger Högkvist. A good free kick by Shadi Qassem Mahmoud would have scored the equaliser for Yellow, had it not been for a dramatic save by the visitors goaltender. Halftime score was 0 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 56 percent possession of the ball.

Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 46:th minute Russian goal, making it 0 - 2. Janne Mĺnsson was noted down as the scorer. With clinical precision the cross pass from winger Rickard Örnbom found it's way to Theodore Burney's head, and a screaming header gave Yellow 1 - 2. René Tolkamp increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 1 - 3. The structure of the game started to change as Russian decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Roger Högkvist increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 1 - 4. Gonzalo Fernández of Yellow received a yellow card in the 82nd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Thomas Stigland could have added one to the visitors lead if his free kick had gone just a little lower. Yellow, bringing the final ball possession rate to 58 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Yellow player was Michel Righetti. Gonzalo Fernández on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Russian player was without a doubt Johan Läfner. Roger Högkvist on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 4.
I lost this match on a MOTS. I was thinking that I could defeat his defense on the right and perhaps secure victory that way while dominating possession. It failed. I am, however, quite happy with my solid (high) midfield rating.
Bootstoots is offline   Reply With Quote