Home

Old 10-01-2005, 12:17   #11
English_brit

Congrats.
English_brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 12:28   #12
Bootstoots

Quote:
quote:Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 45000 to The Yellow Boot. Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Brown - Slipčević, Falbrant, Fernández - Allesch, Pińeiro, Biler, Berntsen, Visan - Tomlin, Burney.

Shaolin started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Asensi - Miller, Thörnblom, Ardeleanu - Pina, Taux, Mineiro, Kruse, Andersson - Bijker, Boboc.

Shaolin were relying on their ability to counter-attack. After a fine move down the middle Egil Berntsen nearly gave the home side one up in the 16:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. After 22 minutes Shaolin´s Lică Boboc contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. After a fine move down the middle Billie Tomlin nearly gave the home side one up in the 23rd minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. Florian Kruse received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 30:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 0. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 87 percent possession rate.

Theodore Burney gave his Yellow the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 65 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Yellow. However, Enrique Asensi made a spectacular save. Shaolin appeared unsure on how to play and their organisation was only passable. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Yellow lead up with 2 - 0. Egil Berntsen finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. One of many good passes from Tom Allesch at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Billie Tomlin, scoring for Yellow to 3 - 0. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 94 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Šimun Slipčević. Theodore Burney on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Shaolin player was without a doubt Enrique Asensi. Krister Andersson on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 0.
A less than impressive win, but autopromotion is now clinched! This was my first sellout after my expansion in the offseason also. Billie Tomlin is far in the lead for topscorer with 27 goals. Here is the league table:

1. Yellow Boots 13 71 - 0 39

2. RobCo Warriors 13 45 - 13 33
3. CrAcKeRs CluB 13 37 - 18 27
4. Rising Shaolin Star 13 32 - 34 18
5. bull dawgs 13 15 - 44 12
6. Kappa Cracka 13 19 - 52 12
7. ChingisKhaan 13 14 - 44 10
8. Worsethan U 13 9 - 37 4

Bootstoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 12:41   #13
yndy
Prince

Seems to have good news across the board so far so I’m going to change that with my defeat.
Quote:
quote:Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 40000 to Wrestling pits. Hellscreamers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Buliga - Nicolescu, Abrudan, Contra - Barca, Berglind, Miclea, Kuttor, Konrad - Dumitru, Gerzson.

Chimica had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. They fielded: Gruia - Rădulescu, Albescu, Gruia - Lucescu, Kiskapusi, Ioanitoaia, Gheorghe - Bos, Ĺhltorp, Bojin.

The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. Chimica held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate. Hellscreamers, bringing the final ball possession rate to 51 percent, dominated the battle. The match ends 2 - 1.
It was also the match between the top teams but my defeat sent me to 3rd place and Hellscreamers towards auto-promotion. That was somewhat unwanted as I expect to get a team relegated from IV which is better than Hellscreamers.

The good news is that my objective next season is promotion so I’m expecting to get more wins.

1. Hellscreamers 13 36 - 10 33
2. Vega 2003 13 37 - 11 29
3. Chimica Târn#259;veni 13 36 - 9 26

Old 10-01-2005, 13:00   #14
Melifluous
Administrator

Talking about auto promotion.

Obviously its quite fierce in the lowest league of the English leagues.

I have won 13 of 13 games and have 58-18 a goal diff of 40.

Now if I lose my last match then I wont make autopromotion

Currently set at 36 points and a GD of 40 to autopromote.

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 14:14   #15
Dell19
King

That may weaken next week since the games will be the reverse of the opening day of the season so 2-1, 4-3 etc. So some teams may drop points by playing their closest rivals in the last week.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 15:36   #16
English_brit

Very good point.

Shame Yndy.
English_brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 22:44   #17
Swingue
Prince

I promoted 2 weeks ago but the battle for first place is a close one.
Lost my first game last weekend, Candia bought new players valued at 4 mln euro (my god, and this is 7th division).

So now I play the nr. 2 next sunday at home. Will be a crowd pleaser. Whoever wins will be champion, a draw makes me champion. Both of us are promoted.

And the battle for the topscorer is not over either though I am 3 goals behind.

Keep your fingers crossed for me

================================================

Swingue got a new pair of eyes, 20/20 vision now
Swingue is offline   Reply With Quote