Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 19-07-2004, 02:39   #1
Bootstoots

Default Match results day 4 season 23

Quote:
quote:
Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 30000 at The Yellow Boot today. Yellow started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Kalkun - Haas, Knott, Fernández - Johnson, Chavez Gutierrez, Borgstedt, Leu, Talley - Tomlin, Burney.

Warriors started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Roach - Streit, Chong, Williams - Pool, Pandiani, Thorsgaard, Vonken, Gergaud - Ørnstrup, Marín.

Yellow saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. Yellow made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Theodore Burney completely alone with keeper Alex Roach, who made a spectacular block. In the 35:th minute Billie Tomlin almost put the home team one ahead on a cross pass coming in from the right, but the shot went wide. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Yellow´s Jarod Johnson got himself booked. Cary Haas of Yellow received a yellow card in the 37:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Warriors had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 41st minute when Peer Ørnstrup came up alone against Toomas Kalkun who managed a block. Yellows Billie Tomlin gave, after 42 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Warriors´s Frank Streit got himself booked. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 60 percent possession of the ball.

With 79 minutes played Billie Tomlin could have brought this one home for Yellow, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. Gonzalo Fernández of Yellow received a yellow card in the 80:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. A well placed corner kick from Gerald Williams was followed by Miguel Marín´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant goal for Warriors. The result now 1-1. Rolf Leu still has a lot to learn. For instance not to make half-hearted passes in front of Torben Thorsgaard who scored for Warriors to make it 1-2. Cary Haas was just a finger´s breadth away from an equaliser for Yellow, but Alex Roach managed to ward the closing shot off for a corner. Yellow, bringing the final ball possession rate to 69 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Yellow player was Toomas Kalkun. Maurice Talley on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Warriors player was without a doubt Gerald Williams. Miguel Marín on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 2.
My first challenging match, and I lost because of a load of missed chances and two special event goals late in the second half for my opponent. My goal for this season is autopromotion, and this does damage those chances, but I still might be able to do it. On the bright side, I had no injuries and sold out my arena for the first time in a league match.
Bootstoots is offline   Reply With Quote