Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Civilization > General Discussion > Civ III
Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-10-2003, 01:03   #1
DrAlimentado

Default Spoiler Secrets Revealed! Kind of...

This is a gentle reminder to everyone who reads spoilers and follows games to have the utmost discretion when discussing games or posting in threads.

It goes without saying that no-one has deliberately spoiled anything - but it is all too easy to let something minor slip without realising it. Here's an example of something that was of no consequence, but that imo should not have been posted;

(apologies to Sky for picking on him - but it made no difference to the game and illustrates my point perfectly )

Quote:
quote:Originally posted in Anarres spoiler

We also read somewhere that you disbanded loads of Artis why did you do that ?
Anarres hadn't said anything about the disbands in his spoiler... so the problem with this is that it absolutely confirms that I had a spy, (I had pondered the disbands in my spoiler). Although Anarres suspected that I was spying on him having it confirmed was spoiling info.

Another example from the same game occured during a msm session. I had a private chat open with someone who I was having a spoiler discussion with re: tech strategy. In the general chat Anarres announced he had built Seti - and I was told in the private window "I told you not to worry about him trading computers with the chinese" - letting slip that he had self-researched it. Very minor again but it gave me an absolute confirmation of something that I wouldn't nessecarily have known or been able to deduce.

So as a strict rule we need to be totally sure that whatever info we are giving to the player, no matter how minor, is already known by that player or is in an open thread. If this sounds a little pedantic or anal, well, it is But I place a lot of importance on keeping opponents guessing where possible - initiative is half the battle

DrAlimentado is offline   Reply With Quote