Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > SG archive > SGOTM 6
Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-04-2005, 11:12   #11
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

OK, finished playing the sucker. I mean my turns, not the whole game. We have lots of cities and lots of culture. I actually played 10 turns, took about 7 or 8 hours. First, check with MapStat all cities which grew and whip accordingly. Second, check and whip all cities on F1 screen sorted by build. I whipped starting from 16 shields up to 20 depending on surroundings and available food. Also, many cities started on Universities. It is possible to build quite a few with proper mictomanagement. Just need to grwo a city to size 6 and whip 100 shields first. Then add knights to disband and while the city grows, whip the rest. It takes time though but still better than colliseums.

We also losing gold, about 50 gpt, due to our high cultural pride. There is about 3K in the bank, more than enough to finish the game, no big deal. But we cannot research. May be we can pull some tech deal but I just don't see a desperate need for it. Many cities have been whipped to the edge and happiness is becoming a problem, I got a few riots in the interturns.

We passed jeffelammar in score and certainly can pass in culture however seems a rathe close race there. Offa's team has apparently already won the game around 1150AD or so, their last save is at 1050AD with about 75K culture. If they make around 2K cpt, they could have finished 1150AD.

We are at 43131 cp making 1308 cpt. Not bad at all, will finish in about 30 turns maximum if building more settlers and disband most of the units. Not that we are running low on land, it is this jungle I was struggling to settle. And Universities cannot be built in huge numbers all over the place just because knights are needed there to be disbanded. It might be worth building a few colliseums instead of universities but then we may run out of support money and they are not worth the hassle, only 2cpt.

One of Iro cities flipped to us:

114.49KB

And India had been killed:

129.14KB

Otherwise, pretty uneventful set of turns. We can flip a few more cities. Also, started settling suburbs of Paris a bit. There are some food bonuses around there.

Kingreno is UP then.