Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2004, 11:28   #1
Bootstoots

Default Match results day 3 season 24

Quote:
quote:The 44703 spectators at The Yellow Boot were in for an afternoon of sunshine. Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Brown - Falbrant, Slipèeviæ, Fernández - Allesch, Righetti, Piñeiro, Biler, Pilar - Tomlin, Burney.

Warriors tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Roach - Streit, Chong, Williams - Pool, Pandiani, Goodson, Dragomiroiu, Gergaud - Marín, Tyler.

Yellow broke through to the left in the 6:th minute, Miguel Piñeiro firing at an acute angle giving the home side a 1 - 0 lead. After an industrious effort down the middle Billie Tomlin could have closed the game off in the 17:th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. Miguel Piñeiro received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 31st minute and almost caused an opponent to score. Tomislav Pilar of Yellow received a yellow card in the 36:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Yellow´s Theodore Burney had an excellent opportunity in the 40:th minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles! 1 - 0 was the half-time score. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 73 percent possession rate.

Yellow put their lead ahead another goal as Theodore Burney struck home the 2 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. A penalty in the 53rd minute gave the home side a chance at adding to the score, but an overconfident Billie Tomlin shot the ball wide, in an effort to put it away in the top corner. In the 60:th minute Yellow put themselves up 3 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Tom Allesch coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. In the 66:th minute Yellows Šimun Slipèeviæ received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Yellow lead up with 4 - 0. Billie Tomlin finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Billie Tomlin of Yellow received a yellow card in the 89:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 82 percent possession of the ball.

Most important Yellow player was Silvio Biler. David Brown on the other hand, had a terrible day. Warriors´s best player was Gerald Williams. Travis Goodson on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 0.
A record crowd, a record midfield rating (for my team), and I got my revenge on the team that beat me 4-0 last season. Needless to say, I'm quite happy with this result. My next game that might be something of a challenge is in two weeks, but if the season goes as well as it has been so far, I should promote to V.
Bootstoots is offline   Reply With Quote