Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Robi D's Forum
Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-03-2008, 07:40   #21
Robi D
King

540 AD

Now for those of you who missed the "chat" in the open thread(page 8, post 35 onwards) this screenshot will look a little odd.

How Darkness came about getting Alexandria when my units were right outside the city is because Grahamiam gifted it to him. Needless to say i was annoyed. Gifting a city under threat to a third party is not a proper thing to do, much like DM's. Although most didn't have a problem with it when it went to a poll.

Now as annoyed as i was, i was not as pissed off as i made out to be. You see while i believe the whole gifting thing is not right, i didn't really give a shit about Alexandria. I would have much rather had my units jumping ahead of killercane and taking the very strategic suez city, but since Darkness delayed on extending the peace deal i couldn't afford to have the bulk of my army that far away.

Why i acted so pissed off was simply a case of shaking the tree to see what would fall out.In creating a mini crisis i was hoping it might just bring out something into the open. To that extent it worked pretty well. With all the talk back and forth in the open thread and PM's Matrix revealed that the 3 American civs were cooperating and looking to make a join effort to expand on another continent, in paticular IanDC in Africa. I also learnt from killercane that he was going to stay netural in the akots-BCLG war and that he was hoping they would continue fighting for a long time to come, and akots and BCLG both came looking for support from me.

Overall i was happy with the result of the exercise. Also with killercane now getting into Africa i figure there is no point continuing fighting Grahamiam since there wont be much left for me, but i do hope to get some gold out of him.

Also here is the city screen, as you can see plenty of room for population growth.

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote