Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Civilization > General Discussion > Civ IV
Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-07-2007, 22:53   #31
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

OK, here is a straight link to the Firaxis page: http://www.firaxis.com/support/suppo...eid=13&patch=1

You need to download the 2.08 patch cause that's the one RtW is being played with. It is an executable so if you save it somewhere on your computer where you can find it doubleclick it. I don't expect it to "patch backwards" so to make it work you have to do the reinstall.

Only now realizing some ppl need more help I assumed here is the uninstall process for Vanilla and Warlords.
- Go to the Control Panel of Windoze (where to start it up can vary by XP)
- Find and doubleclick the "Add or remove programs" icon
- New window appears, it starts searching for installed programs
- Once it shows a list scroll down until you find Civilization 4 entries. Should be two but if you find more all need to be removed.
- It is best to remove time reversed. So first remove Warlords then Vanilla.
- So doubleclick the Warlords entry. You will see a Change/Remove or Remove option. Click. Follow and confirm the steps that lead to removal. Repeat for Vanilla.
- The process doesn't remove everything and to be 100% sure everything is gone you need the following steps as well.
- Open Windoze Explorer and in the left pane click My Computer. If you don;t have a left pane click the Folder button at the top
- Once you clicked My Computer you'll see your discs and drives. If you did the default install click C:. Locate Program Files and doubleclick. Locate Firaxis Games and rightclick. Select Delete. Empty Trashcan afterwards.