Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 11-10-2004, 21:15   #1
Bootstoots

Default National Cup Matches

Now that they've expanded the maximum possible number of teams in the Cup to 32,768, I imagine most if not all of us have first round Cup matches. I'm up against a team similar to mine; I think I might have a slight edge over him since I'm playing at home, but it could easily go either way. My third place ranking earned me a considerably lower seeding than last season, though on the bright side, Hattrick Cup Rank showed me as number 3 out of 1024 third-place division VI teams in the USA.
Bootstoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 22:46   #2
Cruise

I am playing a team with 14-15 stars

i have like 36-37 * []

2nd match should be easy, 3rd match should be a bit tougher.
Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 23:39   #3
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

I'm facing a team with 30 stars, same as I had before injuries and bad form hit me. I'm now around 28 I guess. I play at home however, so who knows.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 07:18   #4
Kemal

I'll be playing a 6th division team with 32.5 stars, while I myself, after recently selling some of my midfielder, will be content if I reach 25... so I expect it to be a slaughter really.

But maybe he'll play his reserves, and a cup-upset might be possible.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:33   #5
Plux
King

I wonder why I dont have any cup match show up for me? Did I end that bad last season (6th)?
Plux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 08:50   #6
yndy
Prince

Plux, the number of cup participants needs to be a power of 2 so a number of teams will not play in any given cup. For England with 10,920 teams only the first 8192 will play meaning that 2/3 of the players ranked on 6th place in Div VI and all the players ranked 7 and 8 in the same division will not participate.

Romanian league was recently expanded in the same time as the maximum number of teams in the cup meaning that 16,384 teams will participate of which the last 5,464 are bot teams or players that were assigned a team in the last week.

My cup-seed number is also very good 1,003 meaning that I have a good chance of meeting lower quality teams for the first 3 rounds of the cup. Actually that’s my main goal this season, reaching as far as possible in the Cupa României.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:50   #7
Shabbaman
Administrator

I play a IXth division team. IIRC he has a full twelve stars. I guess I can PIC safely.
Old 12-10-2004, 16:14   #8
Schip

Me playing a IX division team. He/she has received it yesterday. So i´ll play my trainees and PIC. That should be enough to win.
Schip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 23:27   #9
Dell19
King

I won 7-0 against a team that had been relegated to a bottom league but now I am playing a team from two levels above so I guess I will be going out of the cup but its at home so hopefully I'll get a decent attendence.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2004, 18:19   #10
Kemal

Guys a miracle has happened, this was my cup match against a 6th division team, 3 division above me!

Quote:
quote:
FC De Snaken - Gilze 2 - 1
2917 spectators had come to FC De Snaken Arena this cloudy day. Snaken started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Miłek - Meesen, Öztürk, Poorter - Heinz, López, Starac, Solaque, Irvine - Harpaz, Böőr.

Gilze had chosen a strategic 5-4-1 formation. They fielded: van Kregten - Donker, Ploum, Boersma, Kosten, Aertse - Meys, Claes, Romijn, Brocks - van Bommel.

Marten Romijn suddenly found himself completely free on the right wing, when a counterattack by Gilze caught their opponents by surprise. Only a great save by the enemy goalie prevented him from scoring. Snaken´s Imanol López refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 30:th minute. Marten Romijn had a good try in the 38:th minute, coming in on a fine move from the left, but the ball went wide. Snakens Krisztián Böőr gave, after 40 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. Gilzes Albert Kosten got himself booked after a foul. 1 - 0 was the half-time score. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

Wilm Meesen really should have scored when he was chosen by fate to confront a wide open goal after a corner, but he lost his nerve. Yi van Kregten was caught napping a bit later as Fabian Heinz lifted a ball over him after a free kick, but the ball hit the bar, rebounding into the keepers arms. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Gilze´s Erik Meys got himself booked. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Snaken lead up with 2 - 0. Imanol López finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. 76 minutes into the game, Albert Kosten finished off a left wing counter attack, scoring 2 - 1 for Gilze. FINISHED
Just checked the ratings: my 23 star-team against his 32!