Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Robi D's Forum
Home

Closed Thread

Old 15-11-2006, 11:01   #1
Robi D
King

Default Spoiler for Civs vs Civs

Basically the Vanilla version with all the 2 leader civs teamed up against the rest. Igloodude is playing the Aztec/Inca as thanks for setting up a server for us.

Here is the playlist:
(America x2) - Robboo
(China x2) - Socralynnek
(England x2) - Barbu1977
(Germany x2) - Darkness
(India x2) - Robi D
(Mongolia x2) - BCLG100
(Russia x2) - Tubby Rower
(France x2) - kryszcztov
(Aztec/Inca) - IglooDude

And the setting:
Monarch
Standard size map
Tropical climate
Low sea level
Normal Speed
Always War

Now to the first turn, Asoka first
The settlers on a spot where sheep, crabs and rice will be in the cross, also gets rid of the jungle so i see no need to move

I also see a village and go in with the warrior. For my troubles i get 33 gold

Apart from Igloodude i'm the only one with Mystism to start with. Also ID has played his turn and not founded a city with the Incas so i'm pretty much a safe bet for Meditation. And not being adverse to some extra culture to expand the borders and some extra happiness to i go for it.
Now with Ghandi i've got cows, rice and a river, which is good enough for me so the settler builds on the spot. With both leaders combined Meditation will take 8 turns.

IIRC ours civs have an island to themselves, so after meditation i'll set one to research fishing and sailing while the other does bronze working. Here is the satelite view of the Indian Federation

That all for now, i'm looking forward to a very interesting game

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Old 19-11-2006, 03:25   #2
Robi D
King

About 5 turns have gone now, nothing much has happened. My warriors have had a bit of a look around and i can't complain about a lack of resources.

Asoka's India will have a warrior quicker while Ghandi's warrior has found what looks like a land bridge, so i will continue going down the land bridge while moving Asoka's warrior to Connor City.

Interestingly barbu didn't settle until turn 3 with one settler and turn 4 with the other. I can only imagine he has place his cities close together. It a bit of a risk but we will see what happens.

As for me i've been putting some thought into my tactics. Both Asoka and Ghandi are spritual but Asoka is organised and Ghandi Industrious. To maximise their traits i'm thing assymetric development is the best. Asoka gets -50% city upkeep and cheap courthouses so i thinking of letting Asoka have twice as many cities as Ghandi, while Ghandi can be used to build any wonders i may build. I have 2 wonders in mind, one is stonehenge because if i can get a religion it will give me G.Prophet points so i can get a shrine built. The other is pyramids, because being able to run any government civics would be a big bonus especially police state and uni. suffarge.

That all for now. Any ideas or suggestions are always welcome.

Old 20-11-2006, 02:57   #3
Whomp
King

I'm watching and like your ideas on merging traits. Are you researching together or separately?
Old 20-11-2006, 04:03   #4
Robi D
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

I'm watching and like your ideas on merging traits. Are you researching together or separately?
Both are researching Meditation to get Buddism. After that i'm a bit torn. I see fishing, sailing, agriculture, animal husbandry and bronze working as imporant to get given my position. At the moment i'm thinking of getting one to do fishing-sailing while the other does Ag - BW, then they come back and do AH together. But i'm open to ideas on the best way to go about the research order

Old 21-11-2006, 10:06   #5
Robi D
King

Ok a quick update. I'm 2 turns away from Meditation and my only possible competion IglooDude discovered another tech this turn so Buddhism is more or less mine. After a chat with Whomp (so we know who to blame if it doesn't work) the research plan is this.

After Meditation is done Asoka will research fishing while Gandhi takes on BW. After Asoka is finished fish he will join Gandhi in finishing BW, then after thats done Agr and AH will go next. The main reason for pushing BW as the main priority is that there is 18 civs on a standard map hence everyone is close. Fishing will open up the sea which will help boost gold for asoka who isn't getting any from the land. Hopefully it all works out

Old 22-11-2006, 17:12   #6
Robi D
King

Buddhism is mine
It's Holy city is Robigrad in Asoka's India which i was kind of hoping for, that way when Gandhi hopefully build Stone Henge both cities will get culture flowing to increase the borders.

Asoka now onto Fishing which will take 9 turns.
Gandhi has started BW which will take 20 turns at present but Asoka will switch to BW after fishing so that will speed up. Also Connor City is only the 2nd one to hit a pop of 2.

The warrior which headed south has reached a junction of sorts. I'm not quite sure whether i should continue to search for someone or just stay there.

From what i've seen so far there are quite a few good site for future cities.

Old 23-11-2006, 14:44   #7
digger760
King

Whats the story with all the dating website links in your pics!
Old 24-11-2006, 10:02   #8
Robi D
King

Really? They are done through imageshack, but i've never gotten a dating site popup, only party poker or some other thing from time to time.

Old 02-12-2006, 07:04   #9
Robi D
King

Its now 3280BC. Asoka has finished with Fishing and joined Gandhi in researching BW, which is now due in 6.

Here are their respective cities

I've started planning locations for future cities. Its still fairly tentative and will probably change a bit. Still haven't met anyone although the animals seem happy enough to take on my warrior who barely survived but now has a promotion.

Finally, a bit of gloating, here is the Top 5 cities list with both of mine making it

Edit- Forgot to add Robigrad is building a worker, as will Connor City after the warrior is finished next turn.

Old 08-12-2006, 05:15   #10
Robi D
King

We have hit 3040BC.

I have just discovered Bronze Working and have started Agriculture which i will have in 5 turns.

I also found BCLG actually he found me, but with a border expansion i saw something i didn't like.

Kesliks this close to me is one thing i didn't want to see. Still i have some time but i'll be looking to build galley's soon. On the other side of Asoka i have found i'm in the top left corner of the map.

Gandhi is going along well, and my explore has survived a number of close enounters with animals and is having a well earned rest.

Closed Thread